getting the metal plate in my arm removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting the metal plate in my arm removed

My NEW doctor tells me to get my metal plate in my arm removed so I don't have anymore breaks along the screws. With 5 screws that nearly go through the entire bone he says it'll be real weak for full contact sparring. I was thinking about just wearing two forearm pads but surgery might be the best anwser.

A metal plate on your forearm sounds like a fun weapon to me.
    MY NAME IS ANTAGONY I SUCK AT COMBAT SPORTS KTHX

"blahblahblah, but I don't think I'm going to train tonight."
    "Fag."
    "Well if that were true, then I'd really REALLY want to come train!"

Comment

don't hesitate to get a second opinion before you get surgery.

Comment

Well I'm going to have a talk with my othopaedic surgon(sp?)

Comment

1. Wrong forum again....no matter really.
          2. How about relax for the full contact sparring for a while longer than a week?
          We're all proud we're all hardcore and tough but when the injuries pile up can you still train?

How are you bones healing? I think you made a post you made some block with your forearm and it broke again. Take it easy.
          Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

My friend got surgery where they put porous titanium where he had broken a bone. The bone is supposed to heal into the metal and merge with it. (I kno I kno sounds really Wolverineish) But his doctors told him he probably wudnt break it again.

See if you can get that. And also get like 3rd and 4th opinions because doc mite just want ur $$$

Comment

sorry I forgot about the physical training forum

Comment

Originally posted by EternalRage
                My friend got surgery where they put porous titanium where he had broken a bone. The bone is supposed to heal into the metal and merge with it. (I kno I kno sounds really Wolverineish) But his doctors told him he probably wudnt break it again.
                Think of all the freaky wood breaks you can do at demos! :D

Comment

Re: getting the metal plate in my arm removed

Originally posted by FCTKD
                  My NEW doctor tells me to get my metal plate in my arm removed so I don't have anymore breaks along the screws. With 5 screws that nearly go through the entire bone he says it'll be real weak for full contact sparring. I was thinking about just wearing two forearm pads but surgery might be the best anwser.
                  what happened to you???? were you born like this????:D :D
                  just kidding;)

Comment

On the topic in hand, my entire spine is fused with titanium frame rods and titanium bolts (Not shitting you), nobodies pulling the old 'Back Breaker' move on me;) The X-rays of it look wicked:)

Comment

Man let them fix your arm, take the plate out whatever needs to be done. Then just take it easy on the arm for acouple months. Let it heal properly so it'll be stronger than it was before or else you could do more damage making the arm weaker and weaker. Bone IMO is a better substance than steel because of its flexibility and if you break it, it will heal.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X