Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A JKD demo. by a Taiwanese University......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A JKD demo. by a Taiwanese University......

JKDist,have some mental preparation before watching it:
    http://ez-wow.com/~jkd/video/eg.wmv
    "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
    - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo

JKD Chick is going to kill you.

Comment

Ha ha ha, that's some of the corniest music I've heard in a long time for a MA demo.

Did they do a play or something with it? That's what the last bit looks like.

Love the neck break at the end. :D

Comment

I think it depends on the mood.

If she's in a bad mood, then yes, she might kill you. :D

Comment

looks like a normal public demo to me, I don't get it, what' wrong with it?
          "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Comment

I agree somewhat, it is a normal demo. As what's wrong with it... well I guess a demo isn't supposed to be a good time to be showing hard sparring and grappling.

Comment

Aren't those kind of demos supposed to be entertaining in some way?

Comment

That was cool but yeah the music is kinda bad, usually there would be other songs like dance music or the Mortal Kombat team in these demos.

Comment

THAT FUCKING SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!

Although if it was in a movie it would of been cool.
                  LOL at the neck break.

Comment

Hey that music is classic kung fu shit. Wong Fei Hung's theme is the ultimate in fight music.

Comment

The music doesn't surprise me because IT WAS IN TAIWAN!!!!! I don't think I've ever seen a demo where it's an all out NHB bare knuckle fight. Typically they "demonstrate" a few keystone techniques so the people there know what it looks like. Hell, even the judo demos I've seen are just guys demonstrating certain throws while the spokesman names them off to the audience (and they're non-resistant too!), but it's a DEMO! Not practice! What's the big deal with this? If people wanted to see a fight they'd go to a match, but typically the average non-martial artist doesn't know or understand what they're seeing which is why some styles tend to "DEMONSTRATE"!
                      "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Comment

All those high spin kicks, and unrealistic trapping makes it a bad example of JKD. They are trying to mimic Bruce Lee. Not JKD.

Comment

That sucked. no offense to JKD but that was horrible the only cool thing was the board break.

Comment

The link isn't working for me. I'd like to know what's supposed to be driving me into the homicidal rage here people ....
                            Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

Originally posted by SRK85
                              That sucked. no offense to JKD but that was horrible the only cool thing was the board break.
                              the worst part is he was trying to show off the "1 inch punch" ormaybe the "3 inch punch" then as he goes to do it he pulls his hand way back. blah!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X