Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

good quotes from martial arts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good quotes from martial arts

following on from the crap quotes how about some goood, or useful quotes from your instructors etc.

eg. getting hit still hurts even if you are a black belt or know martial arts

Thats a bad quote.

Comment

why?

Comment

Just got back from MA, went to corner for a friend at an MMA fight.

"Hit him harder"

Thats an awesome quote, applicable to several sports.

Comment

what about "don't wrestle a wrestler - dont box a boxer"

Comment

Originally posted by mudderfunkster
            why?
            Because its so damn obvious/serves no purpose? Most worthy quotes/sayings tend to motivate or serve a purpose useful to the person reading.

Comment

in the context I heard it, I thought it was good. As you know people may start to feel a bit of ego, training in a dojo/gym/kwoon etc. and i think it serves as a bitof a reality check to people that start thinking they are invincible because they have done one year of "xyz"

Comment

see my signature, go to the links, lots of good quotes.
                "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Comment

The Sphinx:
                  "When you can balance a tack hammer on your head, you can head off your foes with a balanced attack."

Comment

Read my sig.

And if you can, the whole book if you want "traditional" RBMA quotes.

Comment

keep your guard up
                      TRIANGLE
                      PUT YOUR HAND IN HIS HIP
                      GET UP GODDAMMIT
                      ROLL TO HIS RIGHT
                      WHERE ARE YOUR ARMS
                      IF THAT HAND TOUCHES THE GROUND AGAIN IM GOING TO CUT IT OFF

im sure their are more i just can't think of any right this second

oh wait yeah i can....

CAUSE SOME CAT JUST BE FLEXIBLE, THEY'LL HAVE YOU SO TIGHT YOU'LL JUST GO TO SLEEP
                      PUT SOME PREASSURE ON THAT MOTHER FUCKER
                      TRIANGLE
                      DON'T LEAVE ONE ARM IN AND ONE ARM OUT
                      DON'T HUMP YOUR BACK
                      GET ON YOUR SIDE MORE

ok im done for now

Comment

oh yeah 1 more

we don't do that crouching dragon hidden tiger stuff in here

Comment

nice.
                          "you gotta attack with combinations, maybe the first two will miss or get blocked but the third one may hit 'em" similar to Bruce Lee quote" ABC - attack by combination"

"in a fight don't pull back into any stance.....your opponent will think you know something and be ready for you, if anything just position on leg slightly back"

"in a fight the bigger guy will probably win"

Comment

dont post then fucker and let it fade to oblivion

Comment

"a belt only covers two inches of your ass and the rest you need to back up on your own" - royce gracie
                              "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
                              "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
                              "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
                              "Seriously, who gives a fuck what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X