The next big thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next big thing?

Over the past several decades (in the US) there have been several trends in martial arts including the explosion of karate, limited popularity of american kickboxing, mainstreaming of groundfighting, mixed martial arts/ cross training, "NHB" competitions, "reality" systems, etc.

What do you think the next trend will be? Why?

Use of the search function on internet forums.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

Man vs. Ape.

Comment

...because it's awesome.

Comment

I'd wager there'll be a bunch of crappy martial arts coming together and calling themselves "MMA" to capitalize on the trend.

Oh wait, that's another thread.

Comment

I certainly think that counts as a "big thing".

In fact, I'll be going to my YMCA tomorrow to see if the "Extreme Martial Arts" is all it's cracked up to be. 11 different styles are touched upon if memory serves me. We'll just see what my 22 hours of teh grapple can do against 'em.
            Last edited by Nid; 5/28/2004 10:33pm, .

Comment

Wath out for that 720 jump spinning kick.

Comment

Ninja sex.
                Canuckyokushin:

These women can do back flips right over my head and still land on there feet .GRrrrrrrr!

THAT'S NOTHING, I USED TO KNOW SOME 12 YEAR-OLDS WHO COULD FIT INSIDE A SUITCASE AND STAY ALIVE FOR 7 OR WAS IT 6 HOURS

Comment

Chuan,

Noted. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by keinhaar
                    Chuan,

Noted. Thank you.
                    Hey no problem. Wouldnt want one to catch you sleeping...:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Jolly_Roger
                      Ninja sex.
                      I thought Ninjas were incapable of procreating...

I mean, do you honestly think Ashida Kim actually knows which hole to stick it in?
                      "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Comment

Originally posted by Rising Phoenix
                        I thought Ninjas were incapable of procreating...

I mean, do you honestly think Ashida Kim actually knows which hole to stick it in?
                        He is NINJA so he always gets you from behind...:rolleyes:

(sorry)

Comment

Originally posted by Chuan
                          He is NINJA so he always gets you from behind...:rolleyes:

(sorry)
                          No apology necessary. Ninjas are fags.
                          "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Comment

Originally posted by Rising Phoenix
                            No apology necessary. Ninjas are fags.

Or fat kids who wish they were fags, so at least they'll get some...
                            Canuckyokushin:

These women can do back flips right over my head and still land on there feet .GRrrrrrrr!

THAT'S NOTHING, I USED TO KNOW SOME 12 YEAR-OLDS WHO COULD FIT INSIDE A SUITCASE AND STAY ALIVE FOR 7 OR WAS IT 6 HOURS

Comment

or fat ugly kids who wish they were fat kids who wish they were fags...
                              CLICK THE ADDS ROMO!

This chapter will also show clips from a high-speed video in which Master Bristol conceals a Swiss Army Knife inside his buttocks. -from "The Magicians Code" by Hans Bristol

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X