Attn. Ronin69

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attn. Ronin69

I read in your profile that you did 'Tenshen Shoden Katori Shinto ryu bujutsu' which is an art which I have read about in the past, but have never known of anyone who has taken it. Would you be so kind as to share with us your experience of it? as it comes across as a bit of a rare art and it interests me.

Cheers.

My VERY limited exposure to the TSKSR was while in Europe, Spain actually and only for a few months, the rest is from Otake's books and his video.
    There may be others better qualified than I to answer your questions.

Comment

Why don't you two get a room. Here's some KY and some condoms.

Comment

Do I detect a hint of jelousy ??

Comment

Don't talk to me anymore, you're more in love with him!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by omega
            Don't talk to me anymore, you're more in love with him!!!!!
            Now, now, how could that EVER be possible?

Comment

To my knowledge, there's only one person licensed by the TSKSR Soke and Shihan to teach it in the West, and that's Phil Renlnick Sensei (one of Draeger's contemporaries). Relnick Sensei is also the Menkkyo Kaiden from which we study our line of Shinto Muso-ryu Jojutsu.

Comment

In North America, I believe you are right, in Europe there are a few, ironically they are also, the majority, Aikido sensei's.

Comment

Oi, theres no need to fight over me, theres enough love to go around;)

Comment

Ronin69,

I know there are folks in Europe that are claiming to teach TSKSR, or TSKSR-based kata, but to my knowledge, Relnick Sensei's the only guy doing so that currently has the explicit permission of the Soke and Shihan.

Comment

There are a few under Tetsutaka Sugawara and Yukihiro Sugino.

Comment

I'm not going to go too much into it, but that's actually been a source of contention. There's a post on E-budo from a member of the TSKSR ryu in Japan regarding how the guys under Sugawara and Sugino DO NOT have the permission of the Soke and/or Shihan to teach. Seeing as how they're the only two that can issue such licenses . . .

Comment

Is that really old dude still alive, that TSKSR Japanese master? (I can't remeber his name) I remeber seeing him do a demonstration on Eurosport when he was 98yrs old.

Comment

Is he still alive? don't know, but I think so.
                            Budd, from what I have been hearing, there are some issues being raised about that.
                            Seems that, because of the small curriculm of the TSKSR, the big boys are holding back giving out licences untill some serious time ( and coin) has been invested.
                            This has been making some rather upset.
                            Politics is everywhere...

Comment

I think the problem is that TSKSR is a family-owned thing. As such, there's only really going to be one Soke and one Shihan. They may appoint representatives to share parts of the teachings, but serious students are expected to further their training at the main school in Japan. I also don't think this (which applies to the most of the koryu) is necessarily because of financial considerations or the desire to get tens of thousands of members. It's more of a quality-control/natural lineage progression that's built into the ryu.

If the guys in Europe weren't calling what they did TSKSR, I doubt that the folks in the ryu would take any kind of issue. But since the name is owned wholly by the current headmaster, Iizasa Yoshisada (the 20th headmaster), and the system has documentably been in his family since circa 1447, when Iizasa Choisai Ienao founded it, I can kind of understand if someone might take issue with persons claiming entitlement to something that might not be theirs.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X