Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you presently define your very own warrior code for living ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you presently define your very own warrior code for living ?

How do you seriously define your very own warrior code for living at the present time, if you have one (or had to have one) ? Or quote anything that answers this for you.

I'm looking at a martial art to take up and am interested to learn more about bushido.
    Last edited by BDuncan; 5/26/2004 7:20pm, .

This should be good.
    "I'm offering straight punch, kick while downed to the ribs or head, and of course- the german suplex...which is one suplex quickly followed by another." - Guerilla Fists

Matt Thornton explains "aliveness": http://www.bullshido.com/videos/sbg2.wmv

West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu thread
    West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu archive thread
    (experiment to see if I can boost the thread's Google rank)

Comment

here is the wattle, its the emblem of our land, you can stick it in a bottle, you can hold it in your hand
      CLICK THE ADDS ROMO!

This chapter will also show clips from a high-speed video in which Master Bristol conceals a Swiss Army Knife inside his buttocks. -from "The Magicians Code" by Hans Bristol

Comment

Ham.

Comment

Maximum respect, minimum fear

Comment

My warrior code of conduct is covered by the constitution and various state and local laws.

It's one thing to enrich yourself culturally, but it's another to go around like Ghost Dog, pretending to be a Samurai.

Do not look to the martial arts to teach you how to be a respectable person. Seriously, unless your school is little more than a cultural training center, you should be learning how to hurt another person. How this instills a spirit of honor is beside me.

That's my 2c, and I'd imagine not everyone will agree with me.

Comment

Amen phrost.
              And before you go into some school talking about wanting to learn bullshido, the term for the warrior code is BUSHIDO. Bullshido is a play on the term for crappy schools.
              And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

Tridiot?

Kidding, I'm sure he means well.

Comment

Yeah, I think this is true ignorance and not someone trying ot be a dumbass.
                  And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

Forest Whittaker has nuthin' on me.. :)
                    video game reviews

Comment

My warrior code?
                      Kill the other guy, take his money and his women.

Better than spouting vaguely zen sayings...
                      Canuckyokushin:

These women can do back flips right over my head and still land on there feet .GRrrrrrrr!

THAT'S NOTHING, I USED TO KNOW SOME 12 YEAR-OLDS WHO COULD FIT INSIDE A SUITCASE AND STAY ALIVE FOR 7 OR WAS IT 6 HOURS

Comment

1) I'm not a warrior, I'm a chemist and a martial art hobbyist
                        2) I'm a Christian
                        3) I try to live by the 12 scout laws
                        "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Comment

I have a god complex

So when life gets shitty I start planning the destruction of the planet and all those who live on it.
                          When I'm in a good mood I think we should give peace a chance.
                          "ARGH SURF NINJAS *implodes* " the cruel fate of Stold3

Comment

Excellent thread title!

I do believe I presently define my own code as something like this:
                            I don't give a fuck about people that don't give a fuck about me, and are ungrateful.
                            I want to hurt those moronic fuckheads.

I also don't give a fuck about some random guy on the street getting beat up.
                            If I have a cell ready and am in a good mood I'll call the cops. If I'm fucking piz doff like I am now, I'll try to seriously hurt those cowardly motherfuckers.

And anyone that comes after me or my family or my property, gets hurt.

Honour and Strength.
                            Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

Just try to be a good person, don't be an asshole, don't abuse power, help others.

Go on long rants about instituationalized abuse for profit :D
                              Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X