Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conditioning or technique, which is more important?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Te No Kage!
    replied
    I guess it depends on what kind of fighting, you're talking about, I was thinking more along the lines of kickboxing/boxing where conditioning plays a big role. It's hard to take a break when the other guy is wailing away on you. Also if you're fighting to win by points, conditioning will help you pick apart your opponent because they'll be dropping their guard by being tired. And I don't care who you are, you have to expel some energy to kick or punch no matter how technically good it is.

Leave a comment:

• Green Meanie
    replied
    Superior technique allows you to call the shots. Your opponent's superior conditioning won't get him very far if you make him do all the work. It also allows you to take a breather when you need one when you have the skills to ride and defend in a way that your opponent can't get through.

Leave a comment:

• FCTKD
    replied
    Technique, once you have technique down you can always get fit. Infact I know people who have they're technique down so well that they almost never train only workout and stretch. Not me though, I got to do both.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Technique. For no particular reason, other than what everyone else here who said the same thing said.

Leave a comment:

• Jolly_Roger
    replied
    Depends on your aims.

Leave a comment:

• Matsufubu
    replied
    This question is like asking "Food or water: which would you prefer for the rest of your life?"

You need both, although I would agree that if you have mediocre technique, a skilled opponent will put you away regardless of how conditioned you are.

Djimbe has a point: a 250lb relatively unfit muscleman will put away a 150lb marathon runner easily.

Leave a comment:

• Jenfucius
    replied
    a good recent case would be the corrie sanders vitali klitschko fight. corrie sanders had big power and ok technique, but gassed out early and vitali gave him the beatdown. i am not certain of the applicability of this logic to submission fighting.

Leave a comment:

• Djimbe
    replied
    Originally posted by fragbot
    attitude > power (conditioning by another name) > technique

Umm , no .

"Conditioning" can = Cardiac Endurance .

And it usually does in these convos .

But if it can ALSO = POWER , then there needs to be a distinction made ...

BIG Power + NO "Gas" + Flawless Technique = KTFO

Flawless Technique + MAD Gas + NO Power = NOko

See the Variant ?

Leave a comment:

• fragbot
    replied
    attitude > power (conditioning by another name) > technique

Leave a comment:

• Djimbe
    replied
    because in a LOT of situations , Technique is not what balances Conditioning .

POWER is .

Leave a comment:

• Jenfucius
    replied
    in the squared circle at least, outstanding conditioning has defeated outstanding technique many a time.

Leave a comment:

• Ronin
    replied
    I meant the worst your technique the quicker you will gas out and the more important your conditioning becomes.

Leave a comment:

• Punisher
    replied
    They go hand in hand, the better your technique, the less effort you will use, so conditioning takes a secondary role, and vicea-versa.
    Vicea-versa?

The better your conditioning, the longer you can sustain maximum effort, so your technique takes a secondary roll? That doesn't seem quite right to me.

Maybe the energy conservation part of technique, but technique is more than that. There is also effectiveness. Whether or not your techniques waste a lot of energy, that have to at least be fast enough to land and strong enough to do damage.

Leave a comment:

• El Tejon
    replied
    How can one separate Yin and Yang? [gong sounds]

Hey, guys, quit throwing things at me!:D

Leave a comment:

• Ronin
    replied
    They go hand in hand, the better your technique, the less effort you will use, so conditioning takes a secondary role, and vicea-versa.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X