Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conditioning or technique, which is more important?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conditioning or technique, which is more important?

Is it better to have outstanding technique and mediocre conditioning, or to have outstanding conditioning and mediocre technique?

in the ring? conditioning
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Comment

I'd go with technique. If that's not working for you, then what good is the conditioning?

Comment

i don't get the question. why not both?

Comment

the best technique in the world won't do you jack if you gas out after 30 seconds
          "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Comment

the best technique in the world won't do you jack if you gas out after 30 seconds
            He said mediocre, not bad.

Comment

If you have outstanding technique you might be able to end a conflict quickly.
              If you have outstanding conditioning you might be able to hold off until the other guy gasses out.

Better to be good at both just in case.

Comment

Technique. I'll be damned if I saw round three of a wrestling match more than 3 times.
                True. If Vitor Belfort gassed out at 2 minutes he'd probably still win plenty at UFC. Plus, I figure if you're training technique enough to get good at it, it would be weird if you gassed out really fast. Even if you smoke three packs a day you'd be able to do more than a round of kickboxing and probably a full NHB round.

Comment

I'd have to go with technique also. Your unlikely to be in a long dragged out conflict in the street. You need to move in quick explosions, not sustained bursts, and then escape.

In the ring, I still pick technique. First of all if you have outstanding technique you don't waste a lot of energy so you make the most of the conditioning you do have. Also begining able to fight mediocrely for a hour, isn't going to save you against a guy who can knock you out or tap you out in the first 5 min.

Comment

I know a few guys like my friend who's a champion boxer that would kick my ass bigtime even if he wasn't in shape and I was. His technique is too good for me.

Comment

I'll give you that, I know technique is very important, but I know from first hand experience that being out of shape sucks in the ring

Comment

They go hand in hand, the better your technique, the less effort you will use, so conditioning takes a secondary role, and vicea-versa.

Comment

How can one separate Yin and Yang? [gong sounds]

Hey, guys, quit throwing things at me!:D
                          Kung fu is translated as "stand around and talk."

Comment

They go hand in hand, the better your technique, the less effort you will use, so conditioning takes a secondary role, and vicea-versa.
                            Vicea-versa?

The better your conditioning, the longer you can sustain maximum effort, so your technique takes a secondary roll? That doesn't seem quite right to me.

Maybe the energy conservation part of technique, but technique is more than that. There is also effectiveness. Whether or not your techniques waste a lot of energy, that have to at least be fast enough to land and strong enough to do damage.

Comment

I meant the worst your technique the quicker you will gas out and the more important your conditioning becomes.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X