Lewis Clarke fake brown belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nutcracker, sweet! View Post
    OK, so let's see if I've got the facts down, here.

1. Lewis trains at DMAC from white to blue.
    2. Blue is the White's (Chris and Neil?) understanding of his current rank.
    3. Lewis buys a purple belt, shows up to Hamma for photo-op.
    4. Lewis buys a brown belt, shows up to Hamma for photo-op.
    5. Lewis starts his own gym, possibly somewhere between 2 and 4.
    Fyi, #3 was actually posted on the Caged Steel FB page. So that photo op went far and wide to tens of thousands.

Tony's message says he showed up at Hamma as a brown. But there he is in purple, with 4 stripes. It wouldn't be hard for Lewis to just show up to train with Tony with a fresh off the shelf sankyu and Tony wouldn't question it.

So, maybe Lewis lied to Tony and said he'd been promoted to brown, showed up for #4, and got essentially an endorsement from Tony under false pretenses. A real black belt endorses a fake brown and for all intents and purposes, few are going to argue...and here we are.

Lewis is a freshly minted MMA pro (1-0), I'm thinking maybe he got a little greedy and created this illusion.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/16/2019 3:42pm, .
    '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

OK, so let's see if I've got the facts down, here.

1. Lewis trains at DMAC from white to blue.
      2. Blue is the White's (Chris and Neil?) understanding of his current rank.
      3. Lewis buys a purple belt, shows up to Hamma for photo-op.
      4. Lewis buys a brown belt, shows up to Hamma for photo-op.
      5. Lewis starts his own gym, possibly somewhere between 2 and 4.
      Almost..

Lewis trained with neil and Chris till blue.

Lewis went to another gym wearing a purple and then came back to DMAC with said purple.

Lewis then didn't train at DMAC for a long time and started training at various other places in Doncaster, then went to HAMMA. Started training at HAMMA and then showed up with a brown belt one day I believe claiming someone gave him it in Doncaster .

Lewis only recently started his own gym (in the last 3-4 months or so)

Comment

And, finally, Lewis says Tony awarded him brown, and Tony says "nope."

I think we're done, here. Maybe some due diligence for one of us to actually talk to Tony about the sitch. I suppose somebody should reach out to Lewis for his side of the story, too.
        Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

And, finally, Lewis says Tony awarded him brown, and Tony says "nope."

I think we're done, here. Maybe some due diligence for one of us to actually talk to Tony about the sitch. I suppose somebody should reach out to Lewis for his side of the story, too.
          I agree. The only reason some investigation was started was because he is one of those people that if he is awarded something it is plastered EVERYWHERE on all his social media and everyone is made aware of the fact he has been awarded something or promoted . The fact that there was no promotion picture of lewis with Tony started the suspicion and it is why all this has come about.

Neil has spoken to Tony and tony confirmed that he hasn't graded lewis however I haven't heard from lewis and do not know his side of the story .

Comment

Originally posted by Chris129 View Post
            Almost..

Lewis trained with neil and Chris till blue.

Lewis went to another gym wearing a purple and then came back to DMAC with said purple.

Lewis then didn't train at DMAC for a long time and started training at various other places in Doncaster, then went to HAMMA. Started training at HAMMA and then showed up with a brown belt one day I believe claiming someone gave him it in Doncaster .

Lewis only recently started his own gym (in the last 3-4 months or so)
            I've trained at an MMA gym briefly over in Doncaster. The instructor there is my current MMA instructors former mentor. I believe the name of the gym is Ludas Magnus. Though from my brief period there the ranking BJJ instructor there is a Purple belt last I checked so I don't think he'd be able to promote past that if he trained there at all. I could maybe enquire. They also have a good few Caged Steel fighters there too, Doncaster is a relatively small place so I don't think they'll be many MMA gyms there least not producing those kind of fighters.
            Last edited by Sovvolf; 12/18/2019 6:38am, .
            "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Hole View Post
              Fyi, #3 was actually posted on the Caged Steel FB page. So that photo op went far and wide to tens of thousands.

Tony's message says he showed up at Hamma as a brown. But there he is in purple, with 4 stripes. It wouldn't be hard for Lewis to just show up to train with Tony with a fresh off the shelf sankyu and Tony wouldn't question it.

So, maybe Lewis lied to Tony and said he'd been promoted to brown, showed up for #4, and got essentially an endorsement from Tony under false pretenses. A real black belt endorses a fake brown and for all intents and purposes, few are going to argue...and here we are.

Lewis is a freshly minted MMA pro (1-0), I'm thinking maybe he got a little greedy and created this illusion.
              Yep. He is 1-0 in mma at pro However in his pro debut he fought someone he beat in amateur in seconds (Reece street). if you look up Lewis's record he has only ever fought bums in mma apart from one real fight when he lost in his amateur career.

Comment

This guys is in a bit of trouble for inappropriate messages to an underage girl.

After I stumbled on this thread I was going to pop in and roll with him at some point before the planet went to shit.

I didnt see anything sexual but they looked like two teenagers flirting so I can see why her family got pretty upset about it .

If I were her father id have been fuming as it looks like grooming regardless of what he said his true intent was which was to get her to train at a local youth club and UFC at his gym.

There were allot of people calling him "nonce" "pervert" online.

If his gym survives that ill try and get to the bottom of his black belt claim when things get back to normal.
                Last edited by PDA; 6/15/2020 5:50am, .
                King without a crown

Comment

Originally posted by PDA View Post
                  If his gym survives that ill try and get to the bottom of his black belt claim when things get back to normal.
                  if he really is a nonce could you be kind enough to hold that choke on for slightly longer than the normal acceptable standard?
                  "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Sovvolf View Post

if he really is a nonce could you be kind enough to hold that choke on for slightly longer than the normal acceptable standard?
                    I dont know how old he is but the messages looked very immature.

Regardless, im unlikely to choke him I like leg locks.

Id also be interested to know if he has the required DBS check to enable him to teach minors.
                    Last edited by PDA; 6/17/2020 3:33am, .
                    King without a crown

Comment

Id also be interested to know if he has the required DBS check to enable him to teach minors.
                      That's a fair question like. Wonder how we go about checking that beyond asking. Also be interesting to get a time table at his gym to check whether they offer a kids class and whose teaching it.

Comment

That's a fair question like. Wonder how we go about checking that beyond asking. Also be interesting to get a time table at his gym to check whether they offer a kids class and whose teaching it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sovvolf View Post

I think this concludes that he does.
                          King without a crown

Comment

I took a look at the facebook page of the people calling him a nonce and according to their status's he wanted to coach a boxing class but backed out when asked to do a DBS check.

One of the 15yr olds he contacted stated on Facebook that he wanted to take her for a drive to smoke weed and asked for a hug.

Also asked if she had ever "shagged" somebody and sent her nude photos.

There seam to be a number of people after him to resolve this both legally and the old fashioned way so id say it is very unlikely we will see his gym open up again and as some of these posts are a week old i think it is quite likely he has at least been contacted by local police and perhaps even had a slap or two .

I may not get to roll with him to find out if he is a legit brown or not but Big Bubba on B Wing HMP Belmarsh is probably gonna do it for us.
                            King without a crown

Comment

Shame. I'm in Barnsley. Doncaster is only around the corner. That said I'm not ranked enough in BJJ to be able to really provide an actual critique.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X