Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shane Miller in Orlando... anyone hear of this guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shane Miller in Orlando... anyone hear of this guy?

http://americandragononline.com/abou.../shane-miller/

Link to his claims.

Welcome to the site.
    Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

thanks for linking.

Comment

From Joe's link above he doesn't mention judo. Is1Jon - have you got any links or scans of certificates that you can sure claiming any expertise in judo or ranks he has awarded in judo?

Comment

Originally posted by scipio View Post
          From Joe's link above he doesn't mention judo. Is1Jon - have you got any links or scans of certificates that you can sure claiming any expertise in judo or ranks he has awarded in judo?
          He says on his website that he has 3rd master ranking in the art of Yudo in 2005 and now has his 4th degree Black Belt in Yudo from the Repubic of Korea Yudo Association. Also that his son, who is 14 has a 1st degree black belt in TKD and Yudo.

My understanding is that Yudo is simply the way they pronounce Judo in Korea and that they are interchangeable.
          Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post
            He says on his website that he has 3rd master ranking in the art of Yudo in 2005 and now has his 4th degree Black Belt in Yudo from the Repubic of Korea Yudo Association. Also that his son, who is 14 has a 1st degree black belt in TKD and Yudo.

My understanding is that Yudo is simply the way they pronounce Judo in Korea and that they are interchangeable.

Comment

What strikes me as odd about his judo credentials is, why is an American citizen claiming he got credentialed for a Japanese martial art by a korean organization which is 99.999% for the Korean judo community?

Comment

Originally posted by ls1jon View Post
                What strikes me as odd about his judo credentials is, why is an American citizen claiming he got credentialed for a Japanese martial art by a korean organization which is 99.999% for the Korean judo community?
                Because he can, that's why. It's not uncommon for Americans to get judo rank via the Korean organization, and eschew the various US governing bodies.

There are Korean judo teachers in the USA who are not involved with the judo organization in the US, not unlike some of the TKD groups.
                Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by ls1jon View Post
                  The people I know who had been involved with the Yudo guys were mostly American service members who were stationed in Korea. When I lived in Japan we used to take space A flights over to Korea all the time. No big deal. But the main thing was if you were stationed in Korea and got tired of the black market and running around town, Korean martial arts was very popular. It would only make sense to continue that when you got back to the US.
                  Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                    Because he can, that's why. It's not uncommon for Americans to get judo rank via the Korean organization, and eschew the various US governing bodies.

There are Korean judo teachers in the USA who are not involved with the judo organization in the US, not unlike some of the TKD groups.
                    Yeah, but since Pious Yoon isn't around any more, I have... questions about the ones that are left.

Comment

Originally posted by AcerTempest View Post
                      Yeah, but since Pious Yoon isn't around any more, I have... questions about the ones that are left.
                      Well, how about in Montana ?

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Well, how about in Montana ?
                        Don't know for sure who is up there.

I can talk to Martin tonight when I see him and see what he has to say on the matter.
                        Do you know anyone up in Montana that I should be aware of?

Comment

Don't know for sure who is up there.

I can talk to Martin tonight when I see him and see what he has to say on the matter.
                          Do you know anyone up in Montana that I should be aware of?
                          Tell Martin "hi" from me, I have not seen him in a long time.

Kim Sol, I believe Martin will know who you are asking about. Legit Judo guy, just not involved in American Judo stuff, AFIK.

Comment

Tell Martin "hi" from me, I have not seen him in a long time.

Kim Sol, I believe Martin will know who you are asking about. Legit Judo guy, just not involved in American Judo stuff, AFIK.
                            Will do. You know he goes to Montana every summer now?

Been getting over to Spokane for the National Junior Olympics pretty often too.

Comment

Will do. You know he goes to Montana every summer now?

Been getting over to Spokane for the National Junior Olympics pretty often too.
                              No, had no idea.

I skipped US Nationals. I was totally burnt out from Canadian nationals coaching.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X