I hate McDojos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate McDojos

I, going to a McDojo, think that tey are the stupidest conepts in all of MA. I have to pay $150 now for a testing, and even they are not challenging if you know the forms. Te only reason I stay is because I have no where else to go, and because I enjoy the workout.

you would better off saving your money and buying instructionals and training with some friends in a garage!

$150 for testing? that is just ludicrous!!!

you should save your money and buy some mats, gloves etc

hell you would better joining the local wrestling club or boxing gym!

Comment

If you are just starting to learn martial arts, then it may be a good idea to stop. If not, should should know better.

Cease being an idiot!
      One Somali Pirate.

Comment

I pretty much gave up on testing because of this. I now just go for the workout. I'll eventually quit.

Comment

we just had a test at our gym .... 30$ ... 2.5 hour test ...

after the test no one spoke for around 15 min or so .... we were just laying there in agony ....
          totoro-san ... world sushi munching champion ...

Comment

just curios VideoGC, are you living in a nice conservative neighborhood where they can afford to charge you that much or is it just no competition?

in our dojo, the test cost does go up with ranking, but it tops out at $150 for any yudansha level testing. the estimate annual tab range of a student is between $1200 - $3000 including tuition and testing, depending on their rank. fortunately i'm getting what i wanted from the school.
            zenbert
            Hold me... :3some:

I love MA. Unlike many things in life, you get what you put in.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
              500 for a WTF blackbelt.
              now that's extortion!
              zenbert
              Hold me... :3some:

I love MA. Unlike many things in life, you get what you put in.

Comment

fernando is correct.

Joining a boxing/wrestling club is an excellent idea, that's what you SHOULD do.
                "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Comment

wow $3000 a year for karate!!! I could start my own gym with that kind of $$$$.........
                  http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Comment

I just tested for my red belt in ku nulin gus-do. It was free.
                    "Prison is for rapists, thieves and murderers. If you lock someone up for smoking a plant that makes them happy, you're the fucking criminal." - Joe Rogan

El Guapo says dance!

Comment

Originally posted by chaosexmachina
                      I just tested for my red belt in ku nulin gus-do. It was free.
                      What the hell is that? It sounds like food for some reason... :p

Comment

He likes the chocha... he eats it like a vulcha

Comment

Originally posted by jubei33
                          wow $3000 a year for karate!!! I could start my own gym with that kind of $$$$.........
                          Thats twice the typical divorce retainer or lower level felony retainer for lawyers in Connecticut. This thread once again confirms why I hate the concept of belt testing fees.

Comment

I, going to a McDojo, think that tey are the stupidest conepts in all of MA.
                            sorry, but does anyone else see a lot of irony in this statement?
                            CLICK THE ADDS ROMO!

This chapter will also show clips from a high-speed video in which Master Bristol conceals a Swiss Army Knife inside his buttocks. -from "The Magicians Code" by Hans Bristol

Comment

Somewhat, but at least he admits it. Besides, if he's getting a workout, and if he was not interested in fighting, is it really a McDojo?

Lotsa "if"s

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X