McDojos: THIS is what is to be done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McDojos: THIS is what is to be done!

In response to the other thread; I believe that we all need to volonteer our services in our cities and communtities to put up flyers and such, to advertise what McDojos are and which ones they are in your city. We could have someone write up an 'offcial' Bullshido flyer explaining what McDojos are, and leave a space underneath, cutomizable for each area to list McDojos. We should make sure the right person is doing it for each area as well (somehow... nominations, mods and admin select, etc...). That's my idea. If it sucks, have at me!
    "Prison is for rapists, thieves and murderers. If you lock someone up for smoking a plant that makes them happy, you're the fucking criminal." - Joe Rogan

El Guapo says dance!

Lawsuit city.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

A flyer explaining what a Mcdojo is would be ok, but indicating any school specifically would be a very bad idea.

Comment

Perhaps do not put the actual name of the school but put a close description of it.

Comment

Yeah, that's definitely no-no as far as law here goes.
          What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
          http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Comment

Do you think there would lots of lawsuits or lots of challenge matches to defend ones Mcdojo honour??
            "Pussyhole"

Comment

The challenges would be sweet... Lawsuits would not. But maybe if we left Bullshido.com out of it? An anonymous flyer maybe?
              "Prison is for rapists, thieves and murderers. If you lock someone up for smoking a plant that makes them happy, you're the fucking criminal." - Joe Rogan

El Guapo says dance!

Comment

maybe try one of those "flash protests" where you dont formally organize a protest, but use cellphones to message from person to person to do some kinda boycott or something. Maybe thats a little extreme..

either way, look for PEACEFUL means unless you like facing the law

Comment

I don't know enough people with cells that hate McDojos... lol

El Guapo says dance!

Comment

Lawsuits aside, I think it would be unfair for a lot of schools.

From what I have seen online at least, people come here and start saying "OH, look at this McDojo" when they have never attended, and know very little about the school. You know it happens.

I think the term would get handed out too quickly in the real world as well. Some people would just label them without checking them out.

I also think the people putting up these fliers don't have the right to do so because they are biased to begin with. It would be one thing if they all worked for the Better Business Bureau. But they don't, these people would probably be from MA schools competing with the ones they are trying to knock down. That isn't objective, or fair.

Comment

I hate McDojos as much as the next guy.

But do you think a business that has broken no laws, and has all their customers there of their own free will, deserves to be slandered?

It's more of a philisophical issue to me.

Comment

The better business bureau was started by Al Capone. Just in case you were wondering . . .

Comment

Really? Al Capone, I had never heard that.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcFu
                            The better business bureau was started by Al Capone. Just in case you were wondering . . .
                            Source?
                            "I'm offering straight punch, kick while downed to the ribs or head, and of course- the german suplex...which is one suplex quickly followed by another." - Guerilla Fists

Matt Thornton explains "aliveness": http://www.bullshido.com/videos/sbg2.wmv

West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu thread
                            West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu archive thread
                            (experiment to see if I can boost the thread's Google rank)

Comment

Oh I have none. It's just something I heard once and I like to bullshit Veridian.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X