Contact Lenses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact Lenses?

Anyone else here wear contacts? Generally it doesn't even cross my mind that I'm wearing them, but once or twice, I've been struck in the face during sparring in such a way that my lense popped out. Do others have this problem? I know that my guard shouldn't be letting those shots through, but every now and then it happens.

Yes I wear them.

One time I think it was my 3rd MT fight one popped out and I assumed it was gone forever. But at the end of the night one of the judges walked up to me, told me I had a good fight and handed me my contact lens! It had landed on his score sheet in the second round.

Comment

Yeah, mine pop out whenever someone gets a good shot at my eyes.
      "Emevas,
      You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Comment

lol, good stuff WS. and glad to know that I'm not alone and you guys have the problem sometimes too. maybe i should wear those ghetto azz basketball goggles, and be like the old motorcoach driving ninja!

Comment

I've thought about getting them, but I've got 20/40 vision, so I can do most stuff except see a movie, drive in unfamiliar areas, or attend lecture without glasses. Wearing contacts all the time would only hurt my vision.

Comment

Do those goggles work for full contact? My astigmatism doesn't really allow for contacts (they'll pop easier) and laser would cost a LOT for me...
            Regards,
            CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
            One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
            Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Comment

What I do is just take em out during a fight. It doesn't really hinder my vision, and theres no annoying search for them on the floor later on.

Comment

I've scratched up contact lenses during grappling. Not a problem if you've got the daily wear type, but otherwise, use your own judgement.
                "I'm offering straight punch, kick while downed to the ribs or head, and of course- the german suplex...which is one suplex quickly followed by another." - Guerilla Fists

Matt Thornton explains "aliveness": http://www.bullshido.com/videos/sbg2.wmv

West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu thread
                West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu archive thread
                (experiment to see if I can boost the thread's Google rank)

Comment

My vision is too bad to fight without contacts, and I'm too faaabulouuuuuus to wear those horrible Horace Grant glasses. I'll lose the contacts with a good head shot, or if I get taken down hard sometimes, but I'm saving up for LASIK so I won't have to worry about it anymore.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Comment

Comment

I wear lenses and they've only popped out a few times. It tends to be less when I get hit straight, but more when someone gets a glancing blow that brushes the eyes (and this tends to happen more with grappling).

I only use dailies though, so it's no bother.

Comment

That civilisation may not sink,
                        Its great battle lost,
                        Quiet the dog, tether the pony
                        To a distant post;
                        Our master Caesar is in the tent
                        Where the maps are spread,
                        His eyes fixed upon nothing,
                        A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

I've never had one knocked out, but a hard slam or head shot will force one to shift. It's uncomfortable and my vision is blurry until it shifts back into place.
                          "Quiet fool before I am kicking the butt!"
                          -My three year old trash talking to me

"Integrity can't be bought or sold---you either have it or you don't."
                          -The Honky Tonk Man

"If you can't be a shining example, at least be a dire warning."
                          -My Father to me one day

"No surprise. Until Aikido sheds its street-brawling, thuggish image, it'll never be mainstream."
                          -Don Gwinn

Comment

I wonder if this has ever been discussed before!?!?!?

Here:
                            http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...&threadid=9621
                            Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

used to pop out. my defense is better now so i don't get hit cleanly in the eye much anymore. i popped out another dude's contact lens last time, and it felt damn good.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X