What to look for in MUAY THAI class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to look for in MUAY THAI class?

Hello guys and special hello the LADIES ;)

So, there is this place that have many MA on it: Muay Thai, Kung Fu, BJJ, Judo and some other i dont recall. Its a gym so they also have weight lifting and such.

Im probably going to check the place out and was wondering what should i look out for when searching for good MT training?

Kicks, punches, Knee strikes, naked Thailand boys with oiled down bodies that would make a straight man pop a big one.
    "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
    - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog shit on your shoe.-Ronin69

Comment

ONG BAK!

Nah, look for a place with good hard practice, lots of contact, bag work, no punching of air.

Anywho.

Stop posting with your cock out, it's annoying.

Comment

Find out if they are truly Muay Thai.
        Too many people out there think if they add a low kick to their sparring they are doing Muay Thai.

Ask if they know....
        what Wai Kru is ( respect to teachers dance)
        what Ram Muay is ( music played when fighting)
        Teep ( front kick or push kick )
        Sok ( Elbow)
        Kau ( pronounced cow its a knee)
        Kru (instructor)
        Jarokae Fad Hang ( spin kick / crocodile whips tail)

A good Muay Thai school would like to use long bagsand Thai pads (arm and belly).

And they do shadow box ...punch air.

Find out if they trained in Thailand or have actually fought Muay Thai and or had students fight Muay Thai.

Comment

What kind of music DO they play when fighting (I've never seen a Muay Thai fight with music).

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog shit on your shoe.-Ronin69

Comment

It sounds like a horn and drums. Its sort of high pitched and its speed seems to increase as the fights progress.
            A.K.A. rocks your socks.

Comment

every time i saw a muay thai fight they had music playing. odd. however, my experience is limited to late night, subpar cable channels.

Comment

Yo, xebs! :D

Comment

LOL yo Shooter whats up :D

Comment

At Muay Thai galas in Holland (and we have a lot of 'em) they often play this music too. Sounds like Middle-east belly dance music to me. Adds to the atmosphere.

Comment

Cool man, I want to get some.:)

Comment

Originally posted by Sit Dang
                        Ask if they know....
                        what Wai Kru is ( respect to teachers dance)
                        what Ram Muay is ( music played when fighting)
                        Teep ( front kick or push kick )
                        Sok ( Elbow)
                        Kau ( pronounced cow its a knee)
                        Kru (instructor)
                        Jarokae Fad Hang ( spin kick / crocodile whips tail)
                        I don't if any of that matters dude. The terms I mean. Maybe ask the TEACHER if HE knows but I trained under an ex-pro fighter from Thailand but he never bothered teaching us the terms in his own language. He was pretty excited to be living in beautiful Venice beach CA and meeting all the beatifull girls that walk past the gymn every day. English was the language of choice in out gym.

The rest of yer post., uh... yeah. Cool dude. :cool:
                        Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Comment

What to look for in a Muay Thai class ?

Muay Thai obviously.
                          Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal
                            What to look for in a Muay Thai class ?

Muay Thai obviously.
                            That civilisation may not sink,
                            Its great battle lost,
                            Quiet the dog, tether the pony
                            To a distant post;
                            Our master Caesar is in the tent
                            Where the maps are spread,
                            His eyes fixed upon nothing,
                            A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

padwork - lots of pad / bag work

high work rate and good technical instruction. too many gyms just let you hammer the bag without correcting flaws

if you can get a coach thats competed and whose students have also, your pretty much onto a winner....

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X