Karate Matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gajus shut up !

Listen I know this is unusual of me but let me defend karate for a moment.

Full contact karate matches are just that. Full contact. A mouthguard,groin guard and you go at it hard NO GLOVES. You can kick to the head but you cannot punch to the head for a good reason. Because if your not wearing gloves and engage in sparring that allows punching to the head, too many people will get seriously hurt. And anyone who doubts this should go to a full contact tournament sometime. You'll soon see its strenuous enough to compete.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

Comment

too many people will seriously get hurt ey? wow look at gajus's avatar looks like his kick didn't hurt at all...

Comment

Hannibal, nobody listens to you. You can't expect to tell anyone on this board to shut up. You should be banned until you actually start training.

People still get hurt plenty in Kyokushin tournament. Especially people without much experience. The guy in my avatar got a broken zygomatic. My best friend got a broken jaw at a tournament in Montreal from a head kick. I chilled with him in a Canadian ICU for 2 days after that. My instructor has a boxer's fracture from tournament right now. Full contact with no gloves gets you injuries. If you can't deal with that, you just don't compete in Kyokushin. No punching to the face really reduces those injuries and usually prevents people from being disfigured for life. However, people still do punch to the face in tournament. It's just not legal. In fact, I have been punched in the face in every single Kyokushin tournament I've ever fought in.
        Deluxe247 tells it like it is:

you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)

This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

Comment

Gajus I was just stating a logical reason as to WHY no punching to the head is allowed in full contact karate tournaments. Beacuse no gloves are worn thats all.

And what exactly is a zygomatic ? It sounds like the name you would give to a turbo charged vibrating dilo.....
          Last edited by Hannibal; 4/25/2004 7:16am, .
          Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

Comment

Come on now, that was funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenfucius
              yeah, but those hands come down mighty fast in a fight.
              Jen, don't you think this is indicative of a weak individual rather than a weak style. Which karate style tells you to drop your hands and not protect your face? I try to never drops my hands, and when my partner does I smack him in the face to remind him. Why does everybody keep on trying to make this so black and white?
              "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X