No announcement yet.

Karate Matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, as far as i'm concerned that makes you very ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by Yumi
      Well when you say no face contact I assumed you mean none, light or hard. How are you supposed to learn to block your face.
      Oh, I don't know.....use my hands and arms, and roll with the punches, but wait a minute, how did I know that? We point spar with light contact to head, but beyond that, it's really common sense to keep your hands up and protect your head. You just got to get knocked in the head once and you'll remember after that. How do you learn to block your face, yumi? If you and I trained full contact, bare knuckle, no pads, that included punches to the head, how long would you last and be able to train? I wouldn't be able to train that way very long since my sensei would be slaying me every week. Getting punched in the nose sucks, it makes your eyes water, it hurts, and when it breaks you have to go to the doctor. And how do you train when you're hurt like that?
      "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Comment

its because they are women

Comment

Originally posted by MostbestKungFu
          its because they are women
          What?
          "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Comment

Well when you say no face contact I assumed you mean none, light or hard. How are you supposed to learn to block your face.

Were talking about matches. Unless your REALLY REALLY advanced in your system, your training to sparring ratio is pretty one sided: 20:1 (Training to sparring). I have yet to find a system that doesn't practice some sort of face blocking.
            "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
            - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog shit on your shoe.-Ronin69

Comment

yeah, but those hands come down mighty fast in a fight.

Comment

Amazing

Originally posted by Jenfucius
                that's why these karate guys drop their hands and need to take boxing.
                For once, I mostly agree with Jenfucius. If you don't fight with punching to the head with relative frequency, you just don't keep your hands up enough.
                Deluxe247 tells it like it is:

you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)

This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
                  Yumi, youre an idiot. Amongst the various karate styles there are all types of rulesets. Sometimes punching to the face is allowed, sometimes it isnt. Sometimes NO contact is allowed. As for TKD, there are two MAJOR styles that you really should've heard about. Seeing as it seems you haven't you need to shut the fuck up about the style.
                  This one's for Maverick too:
                  My aren't we being judgemental. I said as far as I'm concerned, which is prequalifying my answer, there was only 1 tkd. That's just the WTF. The ITF is an extension of Shotokan (again in my opinion) and the ATA is laughable at best. Tang soo do, Mu du kwan and all those others aren't taekwondo.

WTF doesn't punch to the face. If I'm ignorant of anything it would be that I didn't know about the different rules in Karate. My friend fight WTF she explains this to me all the time and we argue about it all the time.

Before you boys start getting your jockstraps in a huff maybe you should read more carefully. Plus I knew that was going to piss somebody off. Trolling I believe it is called?

Comment

We punch to the face 2/3rds of time. If you want to call Shidokan pussy karate there is a tournament in June. Also I'd be willing to punch you in the face if you need it :)

http://www.shidokan-atlanta.com

http://www.shidokan.com/rules.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Yumi
                      This one's for Maverick too:
                      My aren't we being judgemental. I said as far as I'm concerned, which is prequalifying my answer, there was only 1 tkd. That's just the WTF. The ITF is an extension of Shotokan (again in my opinion) and the ATA is laughable at best. Tang soo do, Mu du kwan and all those others aren't taekwondo.
                      you really are ignorant. why don't you read up on the history of tkd then come back and try to troll again. as for now, you're just an idiot.

by the way, it's moo duk kwan, and moo duk kwan IS tang soo do. unless you count the faction that split off of them and became moo duk kwan tae kwon do.

Comment

yeah, but those hands come down mighty fast in a fight.

I know their are people out there who have been prone to do this, I have yet to see it (any karate guy I know will KEEP his hands up because he's been punched in the face) but that's just my area.
                        "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
                        - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog shit on your shoe.-Ronin69

Comment

Originally posted by MaverickZ
                          you really are ignorant. why don't you read up on the history of tkd then come back and try to troll again. as for now, you're just an idiot.

by the way, it's moo duk kwan, and moo duk kwan IS tang soo do. unless you count the faction that split off of them and became moo duk kwan tae kwon do.
                          What's the matter Maverick, your boyfriend stop loving you? Tell me, which is more ignorant the person who ignores the fact that I said 'imo' or in other words (in my opinion) or the person who thinks that all striking arts that come from Korea are not neccessarily Taekwondo.

Who's more idiotic? The person who arguing about the spelling of a Korean martial art association or the person who admitted to trolling a little to see who would be stupid enough to argue something his little penis?
                          I guess that's a debate for another time.

And Osiris, as a matter of fact it does make my comment less idiotic. It basically predicates my want not to go into the semantics that you boys seem to want to argue about Taekwondo. You little kiddies think that I am insulting Taekwondo because I simply said "No hitting to the face? It sounds like Taekwondo to me."

These little insecurities that you have come forth when you assume what the other person is saying. The debate on where Taekwondo came from has been going on forever. That is not what this thread is about.

So you and Maverick can go play in your little sand box and cry all you want about how "idiotic" and "ignorant" Yumi is, or you could try getting the thread back on track and simply state there are karate tournaments that don't allow punching to the face. Either way you both need to get over yourselves.
                          Last edited by Yumi; 4/24/2004 11:19pm, .

Comment

hahahaha, what a fucking moron.

Comment

Hey now, I've left the dojo with a busted lip on more than one occasion. I almost broke my buddy's nose once, but it's fine because he tried to crush my testicles once when we were grappling. And then there was the time he almost broke my back. Or the time he shoulder popped out of the socket. Yeah, we're good buddies.

Comment

Dude, were not talking about freakin' ninja crap here. This is a thread about karate.
                                Deluxe247 tells it like it is:

you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)

This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X