Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Karate Matches

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Actually, it would be more like Ninjutsu as it would be 'too deadly' to actually make contact with a Tiger Claw/Eagle Maw, 3 curl fingered nosepicker.

    Shit keeps piling up.

    No punching to the face? What kind of karate is that? It sounds more like Taekwondo to me.

    Unless you'd really like to be flamed...stfu.
    "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

    "The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
    - The all knowing Dochter

    "but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

    That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog shit on your shoe.-Ronin69

    Comment


      #17
      While we are on the topic I was told once that in Kyokushin tournaments it used to be the case where :

      1. You could grapple aswell as strike except they outlawed this becasue people who were previously trained in Judo had a bit of an advantage. SO now tournaments are pure striking.

      Apparently this happened back in the day when Mas Oyama was around and still running thing. ANyone else give weight to this ?
      Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

      Comment


        #18
        Actually, I think I read something about that too on the net somewhere. I think the person was criticising kyokushin as becoming weaker over the years due to the aforementioned rules. However, I seem to recall he also bashed kyokushin a fair bit, so he may have been a bit biased.

        Wasn't there a link to that site posted here some time ago? I've emptied my history many times since then, so I can't really say where it is.

        Comment


          #19
          for every inch of chin, there is a foot of body to hit

          Comment


            #20
            Flamed? Cool I will get a lot of my new person lingo out. The most experiance I have gotten so far is Martial Art Planet.

            Seriously, they don't allow striking to the face? I thought all karate struck to the face and Taekwondo is all about kicks.

            Comment


              #21
              Karate does strike to the face, but they do it progressively (no doubt you 'hardcore' MA will find a problem with this, but you can shove it up your ass). So that yellow belts (generally with 1 year under there belt) don't get the shit beat out of them without some sort of protection. So we started with headgear, and slowly moved out of it. :)
              "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

              "The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
              - The all knowing Dochter

              "but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

              That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog shit on your shoe.-Ronin69

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Yumi
                Seriously, they don't allow striking to the face? I thought all karate struck to the face and Taekwondo is all about kicks.
                and you thought wrong, considering the fact that there are many styles of karate and several styles of tae kwon do.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Hannibal
                  While we are on the topic I was told once that in Kyokushin tournaments it used to be the case where :

                  1. You could grapple aswell as strike except they outlawed this becasue people who were previously trained in Judo had a bit of an advantage. SO now tournaments are pure striking.

                  Apparently this happened back in the day when Mas Oyama was around and still running thing. ANyone else give weight to this ?
                  In Holland you have the Budokai organisation. This is a combination of Judo and Kyokushin and it's real hardcore stuff. It was founded by Jon Bluming who is one of the pioneers of MMA. They're really into crosstraining, I'm doing Kyokushin with this organisation for just 2 months now and they're already trying to convince me to too pick up a second art. (preferably Judo)

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Yumi
                    Flamed? Cool I will get a lot of my new person lingo out. The most experiance I have gotten so far is Martial Art Planet.

                    Seriously, they don't allow striking to the face? I thought all karate struck to the face and Taekwondo is all about kicks.
                    You do realize that we're talking about sparring in the dojo, right? When we go full contact, we don't punch the head but we can kick it. Why? So we aren't all blowing chiclets by the end of the night. Like my sensei always says: "We're here to train, not mame." But as far as general curriculum for self-defence use, All styles train for punches to the face. Even aikido has atemi-waza to the face. So, what are you getting at?

                    BTW, when point-sparring (I know.....), we allow punches and kicks to the head because it's light contact
                    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

                    Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Why do they allow kicks if they want to protect the head? I thought kicks were alot more stronger than punches.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by dodger87
                        Why do they allow kicks if they want to protect the head? I thought kicks were alot more stronger than punches.
                        yes, but for the average man also slower and harder to get that high, also by the nature of the movement most kicks end up getting landed on the side of the head or jaw but not square on the face like a punch, except for maybe a front kick to the face. But at least in my case, in full contact it's easier and faster to kick the legs and punch the body. My kicks to the head are too slow and require too much commitment to the attack leaving me wide open with poor balance. Do some full contact sparring and you'll figure it for yourself.

                        edit: and when I say full contact, I mean no pads or protection except a mouthguard
                        Last edited by Te No Kage!; 4/24/2004 7:43am, .
                        "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

                        Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by johnbo
                          In Holland you have the Budokai organisation. This is a combination of Judo and Kyokushin and it's real hardcore stuff. It was founded by Jon Bluming who is one of the pioneers of MMA. They're really into crosstraining, I'm doing Kyokushin with this organisation for just 2 months now and they're already trying to convince me to too pick up a second art. (preferably Judo)
                          You're a lucky bastard. Blumings a badass.
                          Deluxe247 tells it like it is:

                          you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)
                          from:

                          This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

                          Comment


                            #28
                            that's why these karate guys drop their hands and need to take boxing.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by GajusCaesar
                              You're a lucky bastard. Blumings a badass.
                              yes I am and yes he is !

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Well when you say no face contact I assumed you mean none, light or hard. How are you supposed to learn to block your face.

                                Maverick; As far as I'm concerned there's only one type of Taekwondo.

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X