Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I joined a judo school, would I get just as good of instruction as bjj for cheaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do they offer no-gi and Vale Tudo training at your BJJ school?

Comment

Originally posted by Meex
      Both would serve you well in nhb. However, if you've already got some jj training, go with the judo. If you're fairly confident in your striking/stand up game and wanna fast-track? bjj.

Like any physical activity, your body adjusts to the training. judoka are realtively bigger, broader, and stronger overall due to the movements, throws, and the intensity and constant resistance during training.

Bjj? Their overall conditioning is more for agility, wiryness, and they go with the flow a lot, and conserve energy when possible, working toward a position where they have an advantage, leading to leaner physiques.

Raw power? edge to judo.
      Effectiveness is determined by training, and talent.

`~\
      I never seemed to fit in with the Class Picture at the Gracie Academy, but I seem too quite well at my Judo School.

Funny that.
      Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
      "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Comment

Just look at you. . .you're a natural.
        Now, go kick somebody's butt!

`~\
        sigpic

Comment

Re: If I joined a judo school, would I get just as good of instruction as bjj for cheaper

Originally posted by FormLess
          Is Bjj really worth all the money that they charge for it or would it be better to join a good judo club?
          Depends on your goal I suppose. The rules for each system differs, especially when it comes to tournaments. Bjj doesn't work if you attempt to apply it to a judo bout. As for defense, it varies, again, knowing what you desire ultimately from such endeavors would aid in answering your own query.
          Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Comment

Re: Re: If I joined a judo school, would I get just as good of instruction as bjj for cheaper

Originally posted by Kungfoolss
            Depends on your goal I suppose. The rules for each system differs, especially when it comes to tournaments. Bjj doesn't work if you attempt to apply it to a judo bout. As for defense, it varies, again, knowing what you desire ultimately from such endeavors would aid in answering your own query.
            Okay, who hacked the site and stole Kungfoolls login and password?
            Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
            "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X