Artist or Hobbyist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artist or Hobbyist?

I'm a hobbyist. I do martial arts when I want to. If i'm not in the mood to train, then I don't. On a 0 to 10 scale of commitment, I'm about a 4. I'm putting Omega in as an example of a 10. So... are you an Artist (over 5) or a hobbyist (5 or less)
    Artist
    52.38%
    Hobbyist
    47.62%
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

I fucking get twitchy and bitchy if I go a week with out training hard.
    I almost went nuts when I was up in Canada and couldn;t train for 10 days.
    I was trying to O soto gari trees.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

Easy.

I'm an addict.
      Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

On a scale of Kungfoolss to Omega, probably around a JKDC...

Comment

if i stop for a week r so, i start contemplating jointlocking and choking my friends. but i don't put as much time as i should towards general fitness, so i said hobbyist.

Comment

Originally posted by mike reese
            On a scale of Kungfoolss to Omega, probably around a JKDC...
            I'm a unit of measurement now?
            Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

i only train once a week, but the shits always in my head, and id go crazy without it, so somewhere upwards of 7...
              CLICK THE ADDS ROMO!

This chapter will also show clips from a high-speed video in which Master Bristol conceals a Swiss Army Knife inside his buttocks. -from "The Magicians Code" by Hans Bristol

Comment

"You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
                YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
                  -Styles i train in-
                  Judo
                  Bjj
                  Mtkickboxing
                  Western boxing
                  Wrestling

Comment

I'm gonna be honest.

I see myself as a hobbyist.

As odd of an analogy as this sounds, I see myself in many cases like an outdoorsperson. Someone who while they may not get out as much as they'd like, it's always in the back of the mind.

Hopefully my work situation will improve and I can get a bit more involved.

Comment

J-Kid, are you really a professional? Wow, when's your Pride debut ?
                      "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
                      YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

6 -- I train 4 days a week. 1-2 days of technique (4 hours), 1 day of sparring (30 min.). Cardio 4 days (25-30 min ea). Weight lifting 3 of the 4 days. I consider myself just on the other side of a hobbyist. Being a husband, father of 2 and working 50+ hours a week takes up most of my time.

Comment

hobbyist, i train twice a week but if i miss 2 or 3 lessons then i feel like i simply must go and train.

Comment

At the moment, I think my max formal training is around 9 hrs a week. I tend to think about it a fair bit though... so I guess a 7.5 maybe? :D

Comment

My intention is to lift twice a week, wrestle twice a week (2 hour class) and work the heavy bag on the weekend. Then... stuff happens. Like Lamaz class every hursday night (one of the wrestling nights). Like embarking on a major home improvement project (been putting in laminate-wood flooring for the past two weekends. Stuff like that.

So out of what was only a "decent" training schedule to begin with, IMO, I'm left with only one night a week of real training (in wrestling) if I'm lucky and some lifting. That definitely rates me as only a hobbyist.

Matt

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X