Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wing Tsun techniques clip on Mcdojo.com

http://www.mcdojo.com/dl_goto.asp?id=52

What do you all think? Again not impressed, but it's diffcult to tell and realize that most to all of you know the anti-grappling almost definitely wouldn't work. Alot of the moves look unrealistic. Attacks with no or little resistance.

No sparring in practice, moves seem pre-emptive, they look like they're practising "Katas" on each other - the little you do see of the moves seem to lack validty because of this. However the intructor looks strong etc, but none of the moves are really that good/impressive. All imho; no disrespect meant.

Going to try a WT class out for myself though.

Also you can download the Leung Tin multiple attckers video in the "misc." section of the Mcdojo.com downloads.

From the same section Wing Chun techniques:
    http://www.mcdojo.com/dl_goto.asp?id=43

also (Wing Chun:) http://www.mcdojo.com/dl_goto.asp?id=53 if you can get it to work, i couldn't wouldn't mind hearing what happens from people who have seen this one.

Edited by - Blade Windu on November 13 2002 02:11:06
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Blade I would suggest you try JKD instead. It has wing chun already but if theres no JKD club near you then try the wing chun. good luck.

PEACE!
    Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

JKD doesn't have of all of wing chun in it, it only has what bruce knew of wing chun.

"But some apes they gotta go, so we kill the ones we don't know" - 'Ape shall never kill Ape' by The Vandals
      Apu: "Oh! You have just been Apu'd!"

Comment

i already do mma as well as bjj so don't need to do jkd, tho I know that comes from a 100% self-defence perspective.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Comment

If you reckon you don't need JKD, why even consider WT/WC? If it bothers you that you think it is ineffective, why worry about it? Why waste time on something that you are sure is worthless?

Comment

no i'm saying jkd is too much like mma, if has alot of the same moves.

I still want to try it out fo rmyself though (I haven't yet, only seen it.)

Comment

Did you go Black Windu?

Comment

:( not yet. Chose the worse days (if you don;t believe check the news on tube strikes / firemen strikes etc..)

Comment

Windu, jkd sucks. Bruce did not know much wing chun. I laugh at the wing chun jkd guys think they know. If you are in the UK try a guy named Sam Kwok. He is very good and knowledgeable in most fighting styles out there.

Comment

k thx.

Comment

Oi Blade, firemans strikes are over..time to take that WT class.

Lol.

Comment

looks like he only knows moves, not how to fight <sigh> the guy's mad slow too, for a wing chun "master" also the guy who was attacking didn't have a clue to wtf he was doing.

Comment

they're not over :P

Comment

Blade Windu,

no i'm saying jkd is too much like mma, it has a lot of the same moves.

No surprise there, as JKD *is* MMA in a way, adapting any techniques that "work", albeit to the built-in structure of the "system".

BTW, which elements are part of your MMA? Apparently little (or no) grappling, as you choose to take BJJ as well, or do you take BJJ for other reasons?

Comment

errr...yes they are and yer just a WT troll :-P

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X