Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNBELIEVEABLE!!-- fat, russian, psychic-marital arts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LLL
    http://www.aikidojournal.com/new/art...?ArticleID=510

Anyone see any problems with these explanations?
    They suck?
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

Yes they do, and make no sense whatsoever...

Comment

I can't create fire?

So all those years of camping mean nothing?!?!

*cries*

Comment

Wow. I haven't heard so much ass-talk in weeks! Where do people come up with this crap?
          Deluxe247 tells it like it is:

you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)

This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

Comment

Heheh... Vectors bouncing all around, cosmic energy, swords cutting through chainmails; what's there not to love...

Comment

I think language gets corrupted and disrupted into flower-speak when there are too many aiki-bunnies in a given place, online or otherwise.

Comment

Blame Ueshiba, and his odd visions.

Comment

I guess this place only knows how to ridicule. It's simple, Haven't any of you ever been psyched out?
                  A simple head fake to get you to commit in the wrong direction. Hit a guy with enough leg kicks and he will flinch every time you gesture like you are going to do one more.

You guys make fun of things you don't understand and discount and disregard the rest which is very valuable.
                  One clip of a training exercise taken out of context negates hundreds of others? That to me is bullshido.
                  Oh well...
                  :rolleyes:

Comment

Hi Furtry,

I'm not bagging on Systema as a, er, system. I also think the upcoming seminar at George Ledyard Sensei's school will likely be very good, as I've heard that his bullshit tolerance is pretty low -- I wish I could attend. I also do think that some of the Systema video clips that I've seen online look silly, but not as silly as some aikido videoclips that I've seen.

Which is why, as a guy that studies aikido, I've been exposed to more than my fair share of metaphysical, esoteric mumbo jumbo that I feel I can comment on. I've avoided directly commenting on Systema, because I haven't directly experienced it. But I've certainly experienced plenty of aiki-related mumbo jumbo and will certainly call Bullshido on that when I see it.

Comment

Could someone explain the 'psychic energy' concept? Where does the 'energy' part come in?

Comment

Furtry, as a solid believer in aikido and many of the more esoteric concepts out there, I wish people would stop talking about it in high-falutin' fancy talk, and instead invite folks to come train with them and feel the stuff. No amount of talking about "it" can make someone understand it, they have to expirence. Additionly, all the time people spend talking about it is time they could be training it. I know what I would rather do.

Also, the aiki- based arts and their relatives, like systema, seem to think they have a monopoly on fluid, effective, almost mystical "power", which is patantly false. I have seen jujutsu guys who have more aiki- then my aikido. I have been wrecked by the amazingly relaxed power of an expirenced wrestler, my every attempt to fight him easily smothered and redirected to my eventual incapacitation. Whatever word you use to describe "it" or whatever you believe "it" to be, talk less, train more, and be humble.

end of rant.

Comment

Originally posted by Budd
                          Hi Furtry,

I'm not bagging on Systema as a, er, system. I also think the upcoming seminar at George Ledyard Sensei's school will likely be very good, as I've heard that his bullshit tolerance is pretty low -- I wish I could attend. I also do think that some of the Systema video clips that I've seen online look silly, but not as silly as some aikido videoclips that I've seen.

Which is why, as a guy that studies aikido, I've been exposed to more than my fair share of metaphysical, esoteric mumbo jumbo that I feel I can comment on. I've avoided directly commenting on Systema, because I haven't directly experienced it. But I've certainly experienced plenty of aiki-related mumbo jumbo and will certainly call Bullshido on that when I see it.
                          Budd, I'm very much of the same opinion on the video clips. And the ONLY person I've seen do this kind of stuff, and felt/experienced personally, was Mikhail, and Vlad to an extent.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL
                            Could someone explain the 'psychic energy' concept? Where does the 'energy' part come in?
                            I can't explain energy. All I know is that when this was done to me it felt like he faked me out with his body language. I gave respect to his movements because if I didn't I ended up being hurt. In other words if I didn't move out of the way I would have gotten hit. I became so in tune to his intent, so aware of his movements that I reacted to stay safe.
                            If I was not consciously aware of his movement then I would have been sucker punched.
                            The energy thing is a misrepresentation/misinterpretation by TRS and the like to sell tapes. NOT by Vlad or Mikhail.
                            Vlad states that psychic= consciousness.

Comment

Furtry,

I heard some very good things regarding the Systema workshops that were done at the most recent Aiki Expo and very much look forward to getting to experience it someday.

Comment

From http://www.hyperdictionary.com/searc...psychic+energy

PSYCHIC ENERGY: Dictionary Entry and Meaning
                                Pronunciation: 'sIkik 'enurjee

WordNet Dictionary

Definition: [n] an actuating force or factor

Synonyms: mental energy

See Also: incitation, incitement, libidinal energy, motivation, motive, need, provocation

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X