Baji question for ASIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baji question for ASIA

Hey asia, I'm looking into martial arts schools in my and i've noticed there is a bajiquan(spelling?) school within reasonable distance from me. As someone recovering from a kungfu mcdojo would you reccomend Baji? I'm interested in learning how to grapple as well as fix my standup game. I have a few years worth of mcdojo training, about 4 months of real kickboxing training, and no grappling experience whatsoever.

What exactly is involved with Baji? I realize I can do a search for style information on the net, and I will, but I'd like to hear from a practioner as well.

Also, were I to consider joining the school is there anything in particuler I should look for in deciding if its a quality school?

Comment

BAJI! mainly consists of generating and building fajing and releasing it in an explosive manner.

What to look for? Depends on teacher but I would look at their conditioning exercises to build fajing. How well the do Da Baji and Xiao Baji (there are several forms but these two contain the core of the system.)
      ______
      Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
      -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
      The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
      -Daniel Tosh

Comment

What in the hell does that mean?

Comment

Puny San Soo guy!!!:p
          ______
          Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
          -Daniel Tosh

Comment

Doesn't "fajing" mean explosive energy?

Comment

ssssshhh! The mortals are reading this!!!!

Yes it does.

http://www.wutangcenter.com/wt/fajing.html
              ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Comment

Sakeownz,

I live around you and Deluxe247 and I'm curious as to where this !Baji! school is.

Comment

if you wish to truly learn fajing, you must first learn to squat like a monkey!!!

Comment

sakeownz- do they have a website? ask politely of their lineage.

Comment

I got a question for the Masta' Blasta' Asia...who the hell brought BAJI!!! to Japan? It's even supposed to be real popular there. Is there some big shot in the 30's or someting that brought it over? I've always wondered.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X