"Grandmaster" Hakeem Alexander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJR View Post
    you never know - i've run into a couple people over the years that though clearly 'a few sandwiches short of a picnic' could nonetheless handle themselves pretty well in a fight. in fact, their erratic behaviour and lack of good judgement tended to increase the probability that they'd get a lot of 'real world' experience.

plus, if someone really is crazy, there's no telling what kind of fucked up stuff they might pull (i.e. look at some of mr. alexander's paranoid sounding references on his blog to being imprisoned for 'espionage' - sounds maybe like he's been stalking his self-defined 'enemies,' even doing break-ins, etc).
    Never did I define anyone as my enemy that I was "Stalking". I broke into my Middle school and elementary school with some friends. For you to extrapolate stalking "self-defined enemies" is rather idiotic and shows an inability to read my so called low level babble. (In the case of the rant you falsley extracted the data, while it is rather disorganized, with a tiny bit of effort, it is understandable)

http://poems.hypnoathletics.com/2006...pthaikido.aspx

Comment

One video example of many
      http://www.bullshido.net/forums/vbtu...&t=88500#watch

Originally posted by lifetime View Post
      Fucking hell how can someone be a 26 year old Grandmaster and still not know the meaning of a paragraph?

Edit: Bruce Lee's movies came out in the late 70s. I sincerely doubt the whole "growing up with Bruce Lee movies" thing. Seems trivial, and it's possible, but something's not right.

Edit2: Seems to have done a lot in his life. At 26. Right. Compares himself to Bruce Lee and Ueshiba. Fucking moron. I hate this dude already.

I do NOT understand why every dickhead on the streets these days decides he's qualified enough to invent a new system "encompassing the principles of BLABLABLA". It's not a new system. There's nothing original in it. You've just taken shit from 3 different MAs and put them together in some random order, and suddenly decided it was different and radical enough to form a new way of fighting.

BJJ for it's time was a new way of fighting. It was original because no MA at the time focused on winning a fight while the fighter was on his back. JKD was revolutionary because it first advocated true MMA cross-training. Kyokushin was original because it advocated full-contact kumite and extreme training methods. Muay Thai is original because of it's 8 body weapons philosophy.

Putting together a bunch of moves from different MAs does not a new fighting style make. Unless they've all figured out something that the other MA's haven't, there's nothing original about them. They're just bastardized martial arts.
      Have done a lot because I never had a 9-5, and dedicated all my time to researching and training. Never compared myself to Ueshiba or Bruce Lee jus found similarities in my development and philosophy as well as the self taught swordsman Musashi.

Did not just put together a bunch of moves but studied the philosophies of them and filed tested them in actual fights, many of which I have recorded from amateur bouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
        T! M! I!

Don't forget Tommy Ledbetter, who stuffed you in a locker and called you a wimp!

Um, no. It's because you're an incoherent, pompous blowhard who has no credentials to instruct anyone in anything.
        I have no credentials that satisfy mainstream martial artists but have proven myself in combat and have videos showing such ability.
        in conjunction with the fact
        I have however certified to be a fitness trainer (NASM), in CPR (Red Cross), LifeGuarding(Red Cross), Hypnotherapy(Hypnosis Motivation Institute) and others which I find revelent points of similarity in martial arts being both a fitness, and mental discipline.

Comment

So, I do have a lot of real world experience, competition combat, lots of personal research because I have a lot of time on my hands due to choosing high paying yet time freeing work like writing and training.

I have had lots of mental and other issues and resolved them on my own.

And indeed my sense of humor, which is not apparent to many here, has been called "Dry and questionable" before... I can live with that, I like it.

Interestingly for years I have had this thread linked from my website http://www.HypnoAthletics.com and others. It has had no effect on my clients who have read it, nor on the professional boxers, kickboxers, martial artists, yoga instructors, or pilates coaches who always call me first to teach their classes or handle their students when they have many others to choose from with credentials that are not from an auto-didactic existence and from more established schools.

Because I teach safe and enjoyable classes that impart measureable and appreciated results from anyone whom I share with in this capacity and others.

Nor has this negatively effected friends, family or employers who I have urged to read it.
          Good enough for them, good enough for me.

And I do not have any grudge against BULLSHIDO, I like the site, love the posts and forums, I learn alot and most importantly, I laugh a lot...
          Especially at myself.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Indenju View Post

Have done a lot because I never had a 9-5, and dedicated all my time to researching and training. Never compared myself to Ueshiba or Bruce Lee jus found similarities in my development and philosophy as well as the self taught swordsman Musashi.

Did not just put together a bunch of moves but studied the philosophies of them and filed tested them in actual fights, many of which I have recorded from amateur bouts.
            ^^^This does not match THIS:

Never claimed to be a GM of 3 styles, just one that I adopted and adapted for my use, gave it a name. I once took it literally that creators of a practice are by default GMs of said practice. But since I am of no TMA background, I took liberties that I felt appropriate; I am GM of CTK.

Comment

I think I see what you mean It is Fake. The training I do is not in a traditional way, I do not choose to be a student of one school or MMA club or anything like that. However, what I do is study the teachings of TMA and adopt and adapt them for my specific goals and uses, even if that conflicts with the philosophies of the creators, founders or teachers.

So perhaps saying I am of no TMA background is not the best description of my path. Perhaps it is best sid that I study TMAs in a way that is not the standard teacher student relationship, going up through the ranks, etc.

Though I am able to get along quite well in many TMA events and with many organizations
              http://www.bullshido.net/forums/vbtu...&t=88499#watch

If I am unclear, I would actually like to communicate until I am able to be coherent enough through this type of forum to be understood. So if more clarification and questions are in order please pass that along to me.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyCache View Post
                The guy looks like he's big enough and fit enough that he can get away with a lot of slop, to me. Looking at his pics, he looks like he's probably got enough brute strength to be a PITA for the casual exponent, well trained or not. . . but he's clearly either out of his mind or just being a prick. I think he's in some sort of band, and wants to be an actor...but he needs to learn to slow down and type. I don't understand people that can't communicate in writing whatsoever...anyone smart enough to plug in a computer should be able to type at least as well as they can talk...
                I was just being a prick, because after I joined BULLSHIDO to communicate and offered a friendly greeting, all of a sudden I was being called names and all sorts of unjustified assumptions, downright lies, and blatant misinterpretations due to stupidity or intentionally misleading readings of my internet posts were being spread around here as if it were true.

This was all before I started being n asshole back to the community.

A false picture was created of me before i even had the chance to explain that I really don't care to train with anyone for long, that I moved around a lot because I was homeless, and have not found anyone I cared to train with for long anyway

Comment

FOr the love of....

Hakeem, it isn't even about credentials any more. It's about credibility.

You want it? Legit credibility for being a real fighter, from real fighters? Go out and get some real fights. Not local frat-boy toughman scraps, not anecdotes about your mis-spent youth; real fights. FIghts against opponenets with skill and training, with lots of witnesses. That's where credibility is.

Right now, all you really are is another guy with some athletic gifts and more ego than sense about it. You have potential...go out and explore it if you dare.

Otherwise, man, let it die. This is getting kind of sad.

Comment

Read what Scrapper just typed and this
                    I really don't care to train with anyone for long, that I moved around a lot because I was homeless, and have not found anyone I cared to train with for long anyway
                    although sad, reinforces the attack on your credentials.

Have fun, I'm done.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrapper View Post
                      No one said you DIDN'T train with Mestre Pele, or that you don't know Jay Flowers. What we have issue with is your presentation. None of the law-enforcement agencies you referenced have any record of you as an instructor. You probably unofficially worked with these people. I used to train with two marines...that doesn't mean that I can say, "I train the US marines."

The truth is, (by your own admission) you have less training than the average 12-year-old TKD black belt. You can obviously kick high, and you obviously have a very high opinion of your own skills and your personal intellectual development. What you have failed to do is convince a group of individuals knowledgable of the subject you profess to be expert in that you are in fact anything more than a garden-variety dilletante in that regard. I have asked politely for you to clarify exactly what it is that makes you a grandmaster. Your response has been bad poetry, pathos-laden allegory, and unverifiable anecdotal evidence.

You display many of the classic traits of a martial arts romantic who wants the skills without the work. Have you won any competitions? Hold any titles? Defeated hordes of ninja? What have you really done? Fighting your drunk father, while an inspiring story, doesn't exactly mean anything. I was bouncer, and I have fought with dozens of drunk people. They are easy to control and victory is a relatively simple thing if you know what you are doing. The fact that you list this as an accomplishment is indicative of your lack of knowledge on the subject.

I suggest you attend the next throwdown in your area, and allow us to see if you are as good as you claim to be. You may be an extremely competent fighter, and if you are you deserve respect as such. But you sound like a teenager with a Bruce Lee hard-on eveery time you speak.

If I am wrong, than it should be a simple thing for you to prove it.
                      Nowhere did I ever write or say that I trained any government or law enforcement persons or agencies in an official capacity. Once again, an intentional mislead or a misreading of my online posts.

Have won lots of amateur competitions and never claimed that beating drunk people or my crazy dad was the foundation of my practice, it was simply an inspiration to train and better myself and move on from such a life and environment. I have a lack of knowledge of TMA perhaps, but not of fighting and systematically training and documenting my progress to create my own practice.

As for the throwdown in my area, one of the very first things I did was to give my phone number and the location of my gym. If anyone really wanted to get me into a throwdown, or give me the opportunity to prove my skills in the so called "ego-free" environments it would have happened then. But instead, a bunch of cyber trash-talking went down that just lent itself to me not wanting to be cooperative.

If the environment was different when I first signed up to read the posts about me, I would have responded differently.

I actually like this site a lot and think it does a great job of exposing real frauds and MABS. But I have never defrauded anyone, taken their money and hurt them. Never made false claims. Everyone that trains with me experiences positive results that last. I have never injured, lied to, or degraded anyone I have shared my experiences with.

I just told the truth about my life and the inspiration it gave me to train mostly on my own. Sure my life was screwy and wierd, but who's isn't? Not many. So all I did was tell my story.

How is that fraudulent when by my own admission I have less training than a 12 year old TKD Black Belt? That is all in my online writings. Never claimed to be a master of capoeira, or muy thai, or aikido.

I did claim to be a GM of a practice that simply had a combined name, which served the purpose of reminding me of the 3 TMA philosophies that I was looking more deeply into.

Comment

As for the throwdown in my area, one of the very first things I did was to give my phone number and the location of my gym. If anyone really wanted to get me into a throwdown, or give me the opportunity to prove my skills in the so called "ego-free" environments it would have happened then.
                        You are an adult right? It is your responsibility to check the thread or get in contact with people organizing the event.

Nope, not the other way around.

But instead, a bunch of cyber trash-talking went down that just lent itself to me not wanting to be cooperative.
                        You realize this is why you are called arrogant. You not being cooperative does nothing. The event happened, people had fun, you chose not to go.

It is not, I repeat not, a posters job to get you to show up. If you wanted to go, you would have appeared.

It is that simple. Anything else is an excuse on your part.

The end

The fact you think your absence, and lack of cooperation means anything shows your arrogance.

Comment

Nowhere did I ever write or say that I trained any government or law enforcement persons or agencies in an official capacity. Once again, an intentional mislead or a misreading of my online posts.
                          You certainly went to great pains to imply it. Lots of people do that. They present something in a manner specifically to lead others into drawing a specific conclusion. You didn't lie...you implied. Spare me the over-intellectualized response about what you actually said and meant. The implication was obvious, as we here have seen it too many times before.

Have won lots of amateur competitions and never claimed that beating drunk people or my crazy dad was the foundation of my practice, it was simply an inspiration to train and better myself and move on from such a life and environment. I have a lack of knowledge of TMA perhaps, but not of fighting and systematically training and documenting my progress to create my own practice.
                          Your story about your father was your usual pathos. When presented with logical questions requesting explicit responses, you presented an emotional anecdote to deflect the inquiries. Matt Morton loves that tactic.

As for the throwdown in my area, one of the very first things I did was to give my phone number and the location of my gym. If anyone really wanted to get me into a throwdown, or give me the opportunity to prove my skills in the so called "ego-free" environments it would have happened then. But instead, a bunch of cyber trash-talking went down that just lent itself to me not wanting to be cooperative.
                          Throwdowns are group events. You show up and work out/roll/spar with other individuals. Your participation would have answered all questions about your credibility categorically. All this information has been readily available to you. It is not our fault you disregarded the dozens of throwdowns held annually. We do not bring the throwdown to you...you find one in your area and attend. This is not a secret. You would have to deliberately avoid this info for you to not have it. None of this is my opinion, it is objective fact.

If the environment was different when I first signed up to read the posts about me, I would have responded differently.
                          If the environment was any different, you would be at MAP

I actually like this site a lot and think it does a great job of exposing real frauds and MABS. But I have never defrauded anyone, taken their money and hurt them. Never made false claims. Everyone that trains with me experiences positive results that last. I have never injured, lied to, or degraded anyone I have shared my experiences with.

I just told the truth about my life and the inspiration it gave me to train mostly on my own. Sure my life was screwy and wierd, but who's isn't? Not many. So all I did was tell my story.
                          If you have ever accepted money to teach anything you do not hold legitimate credentials in, than you have committed an ethical trespass in my opinion. Your own moral compass is between you and your conscience.

How is that fraudulent when by my own admission I have less training than a 12 year old TKD Black Belt? That is all in my online writings. Never claimed to be a master of capoeira, or muy thai, or aikido.

I did claim to be a GM of a practice that simply had a combined name, which served the purpose of reminding me of the 3 TMA philosophies that I was looking more deeply into.
                          The claim of "Grandmaster" implies a ranking and/or certification from a regulating group of people qualified to evaluate you. You do not have to tell an explicit lie to be dishonest. If you have ever allowed anyone to believe that you hold any legitimate martial art credentials, than you have lied IMPLICITLY, as opposed to EXPLICITLY. It is just as dishonest.

THere is an easy way around this. I don't care WHAT you call yourself, and I don't care WHAT you claim to know, if you have a record. If you claim to have been taught turkish oil wrestling from space monkeys while traveling the 8th dimension, it would not matter if your VERIFIABLE fight record was 21-0. Your record becomes your credibility and your credential.

It is OK to be self-taught IF you pressure-test yourself. I don't know how to make this clearer to you:

It is not our fault you came here claiming to be a grand-master. It is not our fault that you spouted bad poetry and silly anecdotes when asked for clarification. It is not our fault that you kinda made yourself look like a fool when you first showed up. You want us to treat you nicer? SHow us where we are wrong. Go get yourself a real, sanctioned, full-contact fight record and come back.

Unfortunately, you have an uphill battle with us. SOrry about that.
                          Last edited by Scrapper; 8/24/2009 2:26pm, .

Comment

This is so called pressure tested, is it not?

These do not count as actual full contact fights?

Comment

More pressure testing of my self-taught skills / art, no?

And does this not show my participation in an authentic TMA, Capoeira?

Why does there have to be a sanctioned record in someones bureaucratic organization for something to be a tested Martial (combat / war) Art (skill / practice)?

I have used it under "pressure tested" conditions with non-compliant and trained opponents in full contact and other events as the above videos demonstrate.
                              Last edited by Indenju; 8/24/2009 4:44pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Scrapper View Post
                                You certainly went to great pains to imply it. Lots of people do that. They present something in a manner specifically to lead others into drawing a specific conclusion. You didn't lie...you implied. Spare me the over-intellectualized response about what you actually said and meant. The implication was obvious, as we here have seen it too many times before.

Your story about your father was your usual pathos. When presented with logical questions requesting explicit responses, you presented an emotional anecdote to deflect the inquiries. Matt Morton loves that tactic.

Throwdowns are group events. You show up and work out/roll/spar with other individuals. Your participation would have answered all questions about your credibility categorically. All this information has been readily available to you. It is not our fault you disregarded the dozens of throwdowns held annually. We do not bring the throwdown to you...you find one in your area and attend. This is not a secret. You would have to deliberately avoid this info for you to not have it. None of this is my opinion, it is objective fact.

If the environment was any different, you would be at MAP

If you have ever accepted money to teach anything you do not hold legitimate credentials in, than you have committed an ethical trespass in my opinion. Your own moral compass is between you and your conscience.

The claim of "Grandmaster" implies a ranking and/or certification from a regulating group of people qualified to evaluate you. You do not have to tell an explicit lie to be dishonest. If you have ever allowed anyone to believe that you hold any legitimate martial art credentials, than you have lied IMPLICITLY, as opposed to EXPLICITLY. It is just as dishonest.

THere is an easy way around this. I don't care WHAT you call yourself, and I don't care WHAT you claim to know, if you have a record. If you claim to have been taught turkish oil wrestling from space monkeys while traveling the 8th dimension, it would not matter if your VERIFIABLE fight record was 21-0. Your record becomes your credibility and your credential.

It is OK to be self-taught IF you pressure-test yourself. I don't know how to make this clearer to you:

It is not our fault you came here claiming to be a grand-master. It is not our fault that you spouted bad poetry and silly anecdotes when asked for clarification. It is not our fault that you kinda made yourself look like a fool when you first showed up. You want us to treat you nicer? SHow us where we are wrong. Go get yourself a real, sanctioned, full-contact fight record and come back.

Unfortunately, you have an uphill battle with us. SOrry about that.
                                No one was lead to a specific conclusion of me officially teaining Government or Law Enforcement, my original post says the word unofficially:

"I have taught mixed martial arts unofficially to members of the Dade County S.W.A.T. team, Broward County Sheriffs Officers, (despite my record United States Navy personnel..."
                                And so because you have seen it "so many times before" then because A, B and C did it then Hakeem is also? A bit hypervigilant maybe? You guys spend your time looking for BS and I think you may find it even when its not there. Except what you may at times fabricate, as with me. Is it intentional? perhaps your own insecurities? I do not know. But I am sure that it is wrong in my case

BULLSHIDO brought Hakeem to BULLSHIDO. Y'all came and found me, which is actually quite flattering. I did not come here claiming to b a GM, someone at BULLSHIDO, found an online post titled something like "Backgrounder for my Potentials", a private message to people who wanted more info about me and so I wrote it; - then, it showed up in a public forum somehow.

Uphill battle: OK with me. Never inplied anything, the posters here ASSUMED. It was assumed that I was passing myself off as someone who came from a lineage of a regulating group, or as you say "a ranking and/or certification from a regulating group of people qualified to evaluate you", when in fact, the post that most people started to shit on me for says:

"I do not claim any loyalty or lineage to any martial arts, combat, or fighting groups or organisation whatsoever with the exception of my own that I have founded; including the mercinary group "Red Coin" (blood money), International Martial Artists Rebellion (I.M.A.R.) and CapThaiKido (CTK)."

I mean, for someone to assume I implied anything with that is just plain ignorant.

And accepting money for something I have no legitimate credentials in? Come on! Who can give me legitimate credentials in a practice I created except for me? Like it or not. I am great at what I do and have proven myself as an instructor of Healthy-Living and Self-Defense.
                                YouTube - KappaGuerra: Capoeira, Boxing, Wrestling - The Beginning [1999-2001]

Never went to great pains to imply that any credentials were handed down to me by anyone. NONE of my comunications to anyone come near to implying this.

Everything I communicate to anyone who pays me or I train for free, EXPLICITLY knows that I have no more ranking in any form past a white belt.

I am very proud of the fact that I am self-taught and make it clear to anyone that I meet, that this is the case.

I even explain that I believe that the GRANDMASTER title is self appropriated by me because I have a unique set of skills that are the result of my personal research and persistent, hard physical training and labor.

Again:
                                "I do not claim any loyalty or lineage to any martial arts, combat, or fighting groups or organisation whatsoever with the exception of my own that I have founded; including the mercinary group "Red Coin" (blood money), International Martial Artists Rebellion (I.M.A.R.) and CapThaiKido (CTK)."

My "bad poetry" is your opinions BTW and not shared by the majority of my readers.

The silly anecdotes were because I was messing with you guys cuz I figured you for a bunch of dumb-assholes who did not deserve my respect, due to being new to this forum and not understanding why people I don't know would go to such lengths to dis someone they have no experience with.

As for looking like a fool, well, that's just my dry and questionable sense of humor. Many people, such as the pro boxers and martial artists I roll with feel just the same about you guys when they have read this thread. It is all subjective.

GrandMaster Hakeem Alexander
                                Mezcla
                                CapThaiKido
                                KappaGuerra
                                http://www.youtube.com/user/HypnoAthletics

http://www.hypnoathletics.com/Home_Page.php
                                Last edited by Indenju; 8/24/2009 5:30pm, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X