"Grandmaster" Hakeem Alexander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Grandmaster" Hakeem Alexander

Who is this guy? Just reading a discussion board, and this guy posts his resume. 26 year old, supposedly the grandmaster of his CapThaiKido. Sounds like bullshido, but here's the post. Any comments?

http://sanjosekenpo.com/_disc15/0000008c.htm

The post is too long to Copy and paste here, sorry about that.

i'm not even going to read that

Comment

If he is located in San Jose and someone can go through all the bs to tell me the location of his Dojo I will go check it out.

Comment

double post.

Comment

This is Hakeem. I am in the San Fernando Valley (Tarzana). I teach fitness at Bodies in Motion Encino and privately. You can contact me by VM or page at 818 828-0037. I welcome inquiries and visits from anyone who wishes to open up a MATURE dialogue. This is a really great site, I am glad to be featured on it!

Comment

Fucking hell how can someone be a 26 year old Grandmaster and still not know the meaning of a paragraph?

Edit: Bruce Lee's movies came out in the late 70s. I sincerely doubt the whole "growing up with Bruce Lee movies" thing. Seems trivial, and it's possible, but something's not right.

Edit2: Seems to have done a lot in his life. At 26. Right. Compares himself to Bruce Lee and Ueshiba. Fucking moron. I hate this dude already.

I do NOT understand why every dickhead on the streets these days decides he's qualified enough to invent a new system "encompassing the principles of BLABLABLA". It's not a new system. There's nothing original in it. You've just taken shit from 3 different MAs and put them together in some random order, and suddenly decided it was different and radical enough to form a new way of fighting.

BJJ for it's time was a new way of fighting. It was original because no MA at the time focused on winning a fight while the fighter was on his back. JKD was revolutionary because it first advocated true MMA cross-training. Kyokushin was original because it advocated full-contact kumite and extreme training methods. Muay Thai is original because of it's 8 body weapons philosophy.

Putting together a bunch of moves from different MAs does not a new fighting style make. Unless they've all figured out something that the other MA's haven't, there's nothing original about them. They're just bastardized martial arts.
            Last edited by lifetime; 1/30/2005 10:38pm, .

Comment

This says it all...a mixture of "Capoeira, Muy Thai and Aikido".

This has to be some be some kind of joke or Bullshido troll. If Bullshido really wants to pursue this, I can cover his claims in S. Fla.

Gringo Grande
              MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
              (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Comment

All I can say is wow. Wow to whichever forum member put that together. You have somehow managed to capture the essence of Bullshido and contain it for other to marvel at.

Comment

LOL, this guy is a right cunt.

Comment

This get a chuckle out of anyone else? A 26-year old grandmaster of an art combining three popular styles claiming he's tired of McDojos?

Comment

Did a google search, and I don't know where to start. You have to read/see this for yourselves...

http://www.hakeem.actorsite.com/

http://redcoin.easyjournal.com/

Comment

Holy christ, read "Backgrounder for my potentials" on the easyjournal one. Here's some select parts:

My poor New York City located family could not afford classes so I mimicked movements I saw on-screen and convinced my parents to at least buy me some shurikens
                        (throwing/ninja stars) from China-Town and flung them into any target I could possibly find. At the age of nine years old two grown men in an old Buick grabbed me while I was walking down the street from school one block away from home in broad daylight and pulled me into their car and began to drive away. I took some of my throwing stars from my pocket and stabbed the passenger who was holding me in the leg and then gored the driver in
                        the throat with another when he looked over to his screaming partner, leaving the sharp weapons protruding from their punctured flesh. The car crashed into a house. I exited
                        the car and ran home.
                        was arrested on school campus with deadly homemade nunchukas, tri-sectional staffs, and various other injurious devices. Along with that I was reading ninja
                        books and leading my friends and even once my girlfriend on burglaries to test my espionage skills, which sometimes resulted in my detainment by law enforcement. But not
                        enough to stop my practice to get me to the point where I have never been arrested for spying once since I was 17 because I became a Houdini-like prowler and escape
                        artist. Again no pride in that except the skills built.
                        Aside from his capoeira experience, this includes all the people he's supposedly trained:

Then he gives the same spiel found by Edge.

Comment

Grandmaster Hakeem in all his glory.

Comment

oh, there's more....

http://redcoin.easyjournal.com/default.asp?eid=1998327

Comment

How much "look at me!" crap can one guy be into all at once? When does he have time to do anytning else?

On the other hand, maybe he can fight; I know that if he acted this big a fool where I come from he'd be fighting for his life every day.

I wonder.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X