Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do so many people have this love affair with Wing Chun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude I'm not talking about just street challenges, or anything like that, just vale tudo sparring, but I guess that doesn't count since we didn't allow testicle biting, and didn't have lava and broken glass strewn everywhere. In fact I retract everything I've said, you have made me see the light djimbe, I'm worthless and don't know a damn thing, I am a liar pure and simple. You shouldn't be wasting your powers of deduction here, when there are so many unsolved crimes in this world, go I say, use your talents for the betterment of mankind.

Comment

What the f%$#^ am I doing arguing with somebody over the internet, I feel like such a tool, god I hate working graveyards, since nobody's in town right now I'm hanging out on this site way too much, and arguing with people over stupid shit, I feel like such a tool, almost as much as djimbe must feel like a tool right now, I give up, this is stupid, unless I'm actually mounted on top of you beating you until you look like I feel right now there is no way to win this stupid conversation. Hopefully I'll see you at a throwdown someday, until, and if then goodnight djimbe.
      Last edited by stoogejitsu; 3/17/2004 4:42am, .

Comment

Why do you hate Wing Chun?

Comment

I don't, I just wanted to start the same thread I've seen over and over again since the time of McDojo, because I like to see peoples opinions on a subject, and though it's been discussed many times before we are constantly getting new members on bullshido, just curiousity, plus I never started a thread before and at the time I felt like ranting about the numerous times I saw newbies to martial arts being advised to take wc in every situation, and the fact there was a wc lineage debate in the history forum didn't deter me from asking a classic question.
          Last edited by stoogejitsu; 3/17/2004 4:43am, .

Comment

Dude , YOU came on here acting like yould sparred every WC school on the Planet , and you come from a state with 3 schools in it . WC/WT has arguably the highest rate of McDojoism in it of any MA , and youre acting like Im talking about Lava Flows .

If youre not going to look at the universe in a Realistic manner then you can get ANY answer to ANY friggin question . If the WC guys that you faught were Bodybuilding Athletes at the samy PHYSICAL level as you , and the only difference between you and them was your MA training , then fine . If youre Fighting ppl that are basically not athletes at all that are just trying to get home at night , then youre looking at something different entirely . Most MA schools teach anyone , not just natural athletes , and your overall Fighting Ability has a LOT to do with what you starteds out working with in the first place .

Comment

I never stated I sparred every wc guy on the planet, and yes sometimes I am overdramatic, so what it's the internet, and I do attempt to look at the universe in a realistic manner, I have been trying but sometimes we all get carried away when we want to make a point. In my case I'm not always the best writer, more of a scientist, and really can't get my thoughts out on paper the way I'd like to. But I have sparred enough wc guys to experience mostly the athletes, probably because most nonathletes could care less to be competitive and maybe that's a better way in many cases, and from this, as well as what I have researched on my own and have seen from the videos on this sight, I drew a conclusion. I'm not making the claim that all wc is bullshit, I just have had a hard time digesting why there is such a large group of people, who seem to be somewhat knowledgable in fighting (more so than many mcdojoists), that still believe it is still a relatively complete style, and I know I could be wrong in making any conclusion, or observation, it just is perplexing to me why this is so when it lacks one of the ranges/areas of fighting, yes I'm speaking of the ground. I agree there are most likely many great wc schools out there who train pads and train hard, but if they are only teaching wc it seems they are leaving there students with a major weakness.
              Last edited by stoogejitsu; 3/17/2004 5:45am, .

Comment

Well , most of the Vids on this site are there for their comic Value . Theyre there to point out the Idiots/Jackasses out there , not usually the "Best" there is .

WC is , when taught correctly AS A COMBAT SYSTEM , with all of the Wooden Dummy Training , Bagwork , Chi Sao , Lot Sao , and Sparring that its supposed to have is a very powerful system of MA . The biggest issue is that very few places train HARD and most of them turn out pussies because theyre McDojos , especially in the states . But hell , MOST MA places are McDojos , and that dosent mean that the core system sucks , just that there are a LOT of ppl out there making a buck being Liars . No matter WHAT the system may be .

it just is perplexing to me why this is so when it lacks one of the ranges/areas of fighting, yes I'm speaking of the ground.
                Why/how does WC "Lack The Ground" ?? Why is it that "Ground & Pound" isnt a valid tactic unless a Boxer/wrestrler does it ? WC/WT has all maner of tactics for dealing with a grounded opponent like Trapping limbs and Stomping , etc . No , there arent many SUBMISSIONS , but ive seen the GNP thing work enough times to know that if you have it done to you by someone whos trained to do it , and you have no training , youre on the shitty end of the stick .

Comment

I remember those pics of a WC man G&Ping another guy. That sure was great WC.

Comment

stoojitsu has a valid point, djimbe what do you want .... him to fight every WC practitioner in the world, after roiding them up till they are bigger than him, in a deadly street fight with lava and broken glass.

You don't even study WC so what is your beef, do you only come here to troll or what

FYI -- i would bet money that stoogitsu could kick your fat ass any day of the week

Comment

Wow , not even a keyboard warrior for yourself anymore , eh ?

any time YOU want to try me stupid , feel free . Ill be at the next PA McThrodown , in fact . Just dont try to get other ppls asses kicked for you , okay dumbass ? If you want to fight me , I dont exactly hide myself but you dont , you want to stir up shit between others and duck out completely .

THAT is the definition of a troll .

Comment

Originally posted by KageReaper
                        OH, and Kultra..Jun Fan Gung FU has a wing chun base..JKD is a philosophy, not a style and is based on getting what works for you..not a set style(wing chun)..get it right
                        jun gan gung fu is jkd, just one is the english name and one is the asian name, same way u see wing chun, vsting shun, and all that stuff

Comment

Why do you hate WC?

Comment

Hey, Djimbe, we haven't met, but aren't you that dude on the video?
                            You know, the one with "We care a lot" from Faith no More as soundtrack?

Comment

Originally posted by Kultra
                              jun gan gung fu is jkd, just one is the english name and one is the asian name, same way u see wing chun, vsting shun, and all that stuff
                              Sorry If I ask something stupid, but wasn't Jun Fan Bruce's name, so Jun Fan Gung Fu means "Jun Fan's Kung Fu" and Jeet Kune Do means "Way of the intercepting fist"?

Comment

Originally posted by SLJ
                                I remember those pics of a WC man G&Ping another guy. That sure was great WC.

Hmmmm, and what system did that guy steal that "pounding the guy when you are on top of him" move?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X