Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do so many people have this love affair with Wing Chun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drunkenj
    STFU----- oh oh oh my WC is too deadly for the ring

grapplers get owned by better fighters
    kickboxers get wned by better fighters

You are the only person to have been owned by WC

stfu and go spar
    says the guy whos style is n/a

Comment

haha.. u guys make me laugh

in the end it doesn't what style it is, its what situation it is applied

WC fighter get on the ground with grappler? chances are WC will get owned...
      Grappler trying stand up with WC? the grappler will end up with a bloody nose, and misc. broken things.

its the same reason why we don't see many shaolin fighter in MMA
      1) the thing they do is frowned upon in the rule books
      2) they're considered too "flowery"
      3) years of wu shu performances and misleading movies led to impression of shaolin being a wuss ass style

if u find a shaolin master... have a go at fighting him and tell me how it goes :)
      not saying that shaolin is all bad-ass and too dangerous.. just alot of stuff they teach is kinda.. well, painful...

Comment

I am another one who has a class where we spar (another one of the 0,00000000000001%!).

The reason I love WT is that:
        - it's teaching me body mechanics I hadn't figured out when doing other styles (BJJ,JJ,Kickboxing)
        - it fills some of the gaps of those styles (attacks from non-guard position, nasty targets etc.)
        - it's providing me with more sensitivness

I agree most of the schools are made of people who has never sparred or experienced a fight with real boxers or wrestler, but that does not mean the system is not good.

Comment

^ Oh dear God. I was waiting for some bell-end to bring up, "Shaolin monks".

Yes, they're far too "deadly".

Comment

Ahh, yes again. Same old show.

Comment

Ohhh cool I didnt know there was a MMA tourney on in Brisbane! Kick le ass. I might check it out. Its hosted in Toowoomba isnt it? Woot. Oh and WC [email protected]

Comment

you should change your name from kultra to CULT-ra ....... because you have clearly been brainwashed by the 'too deadly for the ring' bullshido.

Not all WC'ers have a bad attitude, look at wingchunlawyer he crostrains in mauy thai and actively spars against people from other styles...... take a leaf out of his book

Comment

i personally liked wing chun because of the social aspect, and the harsh training.
                  it conditioned my hands and made me punch much faster, built me up and therefore i got a positive out of it.
                  i only quit because like the grapple, and competiton aspects of JUDO.

Comment

L2BL are you going to busa this weekend?

Comment

Look it dosen't matter. If you find a style and a school that you enjoy and you get on well with your instructer,the training pushes you and you are learning more and more,thats what matters most.

Its not ther martial art,its the person.If you are recieving benefit from where you train then you are doing the right thing by training there.Let us stop putting other arts down and just repect other peoples right to learn.If its one thing I've learnt about the martial arts world its this. No one likes anyone elses style,everyone thinks their style is the best and every other master or instructer is a fraud.

If you enjoy what you are doing, be happy and you are being the best you can be.Make no mistake. If your not happy with what you are doing,yeah o.k go find something else. But if the style you do pleases you and teaches you well,I say enjoy.

Comment

I think of it in terms of... cooking

some like chinese, some like fastfood, some liek italian, some like viet...

don't mean any of them are the be all and end all of cusine right?

mix it up people!

Comment

WC is a simple and straight forward style, and systems like that are always very poplular, much like "flashy" styles like TKD are also popular.
                          In some cases, because of Bruce Lee, Wing chun also gets alot of publicity.
                          And Wooden Dummies are SO COOL !!!

Comment

"I don't know why people love wingchun, I don't know why people bash wingchun"

thankyou for chiming in, good luck in life :)

Comment

Originally posted by Will
                              I think of it in terms of... cooking

some like chinese, some like fastfood, some liek italian, some like viet...

don't mean any of them are the be all and end all of cusine right?

mix it up people!
                              Like wasabi beef steak? Or ketchup sashimi?

Comment

Originally posted by drunkenj
                                L2BL are you going to busa this weekend?
                                erm i dont know what you mean...so no.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X