To Wing Chun or Not to Wing Chun is the question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HAPKO3
    Because my Kenpo was worthless. It really was. I actually had to put effort into unlearning a lot of the bad habits it has taught me.

I had already figured that out by the time I've met him. It took a painful and humiliating beating for me to realize it.
    I understand that I took alot of crap MA too and had to unlearn alot bad habits.

Comment

Ralizing that I've dedicated years of my life and tons of money to something that was worthless was a bitch. But I'm glad I had enough sense to cut my losses.
      You say what about my rice?

Comment

just curious what type of kenpo was it? Parker? tracy? or one of the many other flavors?

Comment

Parker.

Comment

in a ring, with a referee, with no shoes, and rounds and gloves, yes MT is superior. would most MT fighters stomp most WC fighters, yes. i completely agree. Wow, a boxer with years of experience handed it to you......imagine that.
            For the Asian games, the chinese government is paying Sifu Duncan Leung(Wing Chun) to train chinese fighters for full-contact matches. I dunno, you can say whatever you want about WC being B.S., but I doubt they'd give him 2 years to train their fighters if WC was garbage. it works against other styles. I've used it in sparring against Karate, TKD, and Muay Thai. If you think WC is garbage, there is a WC guy named Larry Saccoia in Virginia Beach i suggest you look up. it's as simple as that.

Comment

WC can be great, fullfilling, whatever. And I'm sure there's good WC places that will teach you how to fight. They just won't teach you how to fight as well as training and competing in MT will. That's all.
              This is an ignorant post. Why don't you just say that even the worst MT school will produce better fighters than the best WC school.

IGNORANT, IGNORANT, IGNORANT!

Comment

Originally posted by virtual_mantis
                This is an ignorant post. Why don't you just say that even the worst MT school will produce better fighters than the best WC school.

IGNORANT, IGNORANT, IGNORANT!
                Bullshit.

Why don't you reread my posts and tell me when and where I've said that.

It's really pathetic that you have to put words into my mouth and then argue with yourself in a desparate attempt to make a point.

Comment

It's all about ego. This is just a pissing match, and you HAVE to be right to lend credo to your "my style is superior" attitude. Well go kick Tyson's ass, and we'll talk, otherwise, your argument is just full of piss and wind. The SPORTING events you speak of have RULES.

Comment

You talking to me, son?

Comment

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I can understand where you're coming from. 'Guess I'd be defensive too if I were in your shoes.

I'm not bashing WC either.

I'm just saying that if this guy wants to be the best fighter he can be, he shouldn't be doing it.

WC can be great, fullfilling, whatever. And I'm sure there's good WC places that will teach you how to fight. They just won't teach you how to fight as well as training and competing in MT will. That's all.
                      Your third post in this thread. Not trying to put words in your mouth. Just pointing out that this is an IGNORANT line of thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
                        "And what if they don't brag about thier accomplishments how do we know about them?"

RIGHT...So everyone who does well in WC just happens to be humble?

I didn't say that all WC people were were all humble.
                        "Ok so if it's true where's the proof? televised sports aren't the final authority."

But theres no proof that WC generaly produces effectuve fighters. All you have is someones word. Muay thai has proof. If Im looking to become a fighter, Im gonna go with the guy who provides proof.
                        The ring is not the proving grounds. There's no proof that WC doesn't produce effective fighters

Comment

Sure, and I stand by it. Unless you point out where I said, and I quote "Why don't you just say that even the worst MT school will produce better fighters than the best WC school." you're the one being ignorant here.

Comment

The ring is not the proving grounds. There's no proof that WC doesn't produce effective fighters
                            Sure. But there is no proof that it does. In general, it's pretty damn hard to prove a negative.

However, if I want to become a fighter, I will go to a coach who has consistently produced fighters in the past, and is doing so currently. Doing anything else would be retarded. I this hard to understand?

Comment

Sure, and I stand by it. Unless you point out where I said, and I quote "Why don't you just say that even the worst MT school will produce better fighters than the best WC school." you're the one being ignorant here.
                              Are you a complete idiot? the above quote was my question to you. Isn't that how this whole forum thing works?

I'll say it again. IGNORANT!

Comment

The ring IS the prooving grounds. Vale Tudo matches are the single best way I know of to determine who the better fighter is short of killing each other. If you have a better way, then please do tell. I'm all ears.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X