No announcement yet.

To Wing Chun or Not to Wing Chun is the question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, and Chi Sau doesn't directly translate to fighting. It's a tool to build rexflexes, and may very well be a decent one. However, if you try to chi sau in a faight, you will get fucked up.
    You say what about my rice?

Comment

Originally posted by HAPKO3
      What are your goals?

If you want to be a better fighter, do MT.

If you want to do pretty forms and chi sau, do WC.

Pretty simple, really.
      WC forms are not pretty.

MT is great for conditioning and can teach you alot, but it doesn't turn you into the ultimate fighter

Comment

I did read and comment on your thread.

It is clear, and backed up by all sorts of empirecal evidence, that MT training produces better fighters than WC training does.

And that evidence would be? And don't say the UFC or Pride

Comment

1. Both have power the approaches are just different

Sure, they have power, just different ammounts of it.

2. Yes

Bullshit.

3. There are no blocks in WC

Bullshit. I'm sick of this semantics crap. WC has blocks. Get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
            Muay thai produces fightes. WC generally does not. If you want to learn to fight, take muay thai.
            Really? wow I know so little

Comment

Originally posted by fist of fury
              And that evidence would be? And don't say the UFC or Pride
              God only knows how many full contact matches faught, including but not limited to UFC and Pride.

Comment

As I said before, I'm not bashing WC. I have absolutely no problem with. However, when compared to MT, it's an INFERIOR WAY TO LEARN HOW TO FIGHT.

Period.

Comment

Oh yeah, and Chi Sau doesn't directly translate to fighting. It's a tool to build rexflexes, and may very well be a decent one. However, if you try to chi sau in a faight, you will get fucked up.
                  Agreed you don't "try" and chi sau it just comes out it's a tool that is all.

Comment

"And that evidence would be? And don't say the UFC or Pride"

Wouldnt that be UFC and Pride? Or is WC too deadly for the ring?

Nope I didn't say that. Just come up with something fresh beside the same old tired reasons

Comment

As I said before, I'm not bashing WC. I have absolutely no problem with. However, when compared to MT, it's an INFERIOR WAY TO LEARN HOW TO FIGHT.

Period.
                      Why? We train MT at our school I don't find it that superior.

Comment

1. Both have power the approaches are just different

Sure, they have power, just different ammounts of it.

2. Yes

Bullshit.

3. There are no blocks in WC

Bullshit. I'm sick of this semantics crap. WC has blocks. Get over it.
                        Yeah there's is a lot of bullshit on this board isn't there.

Comment

Why, when those reasons are correct?
                          Wow that was great I'm so blown away by that point. I will now drop everything and become a MT fighter

Comment

Everybody Wing Chun Tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by fist of fury
                              Why? We train MT at our school I don't find it that superior.
                              What YOU train is more or less irrelevant. How long have you been training WC? Would you be willing to get in the ring with a MT fighter with as many years into the sport? Would you? Do you really think you'd stand a snowball's chance in hell?

We're talking about systems here, not individual experiences.

MT is a system geared towards fighting full contact. WC is not. Thus, if you want to learn how to fight, MT is a better way to go.

As with any rule, there are exceptions I'm sure. There's bad MT places, and I'm sure there are great WC places.

Comment

So the only arts that are effective are the ones used in Pride and UFC fights or similar events.
                                Let's see Boxing,MT, JJ, wrestling and whatever new flavor of the month modern non traditional art is out there.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X