Confessions of a teen-age nutrider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confessions of a teen-age nutrider

After hanging out here for a bit, I realized that if you go back a couple of decades I was the proverbial MA geek.

My room had a not only 3 Bruce Lee posters, but the always cool Sho Koshugi ninja poster.

I bought some cheap aluminum alloy katanas from Asian World

I would show off with the "unbendable arm" and "1-inch punch" tricks

I wore a bandana with Japanese kanji AND a rising sun to work out in (I even wore it during football practice)

My dojo was about 45% McDojo

I threatened people with the dreaded DIM MAK strike

I carried shuriken everywhere

I made a ninja gi from an old judogi dyed black

I pretended to write in kanji

SO- the challenge is:
    Who can out do me for total dominance as a the world's biggest kid MA geek?

All you big bad MMA fighters out there-how many of you were nutriders as kids?

-Walkman

geez, i cant beat that........ though i did get my front tooth knocked out playing "NINJAS" when i was 8

Comment

I was too busy doing judo to be a nutrider. Although I confess I wanted to do karate, because "that is certainly the thing for ACTUAL fights."

I was lucky. They only had shotokan at my club: I should thank my dad for prohibiting me from doing karate ("that thing is just too violent").

OK, OK, I collected knives and shurikens. So what?
      That civilisation may not sink,
      Its great battle lost,
      Quiet the dog, tether the pony
      To a distant post;
      Our master Caesar is in the tent
      Where the maps are spread,
      His eyes fixed upon nothing,
      A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

you as a kid.

Comment

V. Mantis, just a side question - do you guys actually use a wooden dummy on praying mantis gung fu, or are you just a wing chun nutrider?

JUst curious.
          Its great battle lost,
          To a distant post;
          A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

you last weekend.

Comment

LOL, Mantis.

except that photo can't be of me, it's no where NEAR fat enough!

Comment

Sounds like you take the cake. I feel better about myself now.

But hell, in college me and some friends used to leap out of dorm windows headfirst and ninja roll to our feet. Morons.

Comment

Originally posted by WingChun Lawyer
                  V. Mantis, just a side question - do you guys actually use a wooden dummy on praying mantis gung fu, or are you just a wing chun nutrider?

JUst curious.
                  No we don't. I've been adapting my praying mantis forms for use on the wooden dummy. Works pretty good.

I wouldn't consider myself to be a wing chun nut rider. If I was I would just go study wing chun. I do like working on that dummy though.

I'm guessing you're asking because of my signature. The reason I posted that how to is because I was sick of people try to make money off a thing that I think should be free.

Comment

i dressed up as a ninja for halloween a couple times... i also like the video game "ninja gaiden" alot. come to think of it i still like that game...

when i first got into aikido, i was totally all over its nuts but that was in high school, not as a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkman
                      LOL, Mantis.

except that photo can't be of me, it's no where NEAR fat enough!
                      If you look closely at that ambush photo, there's a person standing on the next balcony down. I wonder what they're thinking?

Comment

Re: Confessions of a teen-age nutrider

Originally posted by Walkman
                        Who can out do me for total dominance as a the world's biggest kid MA geek?
                        Walkman trust me on this. You couldn't even compete with me with MA geekness as a kid.
                        ______
                        Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
                        -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                        The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
                        -Daniel Tosh

Comment

Originally posted by virtual_mantis
                          you last weekend.

Ninja vs. Pirate? Isn't that a poll from Ronin.

And "NO" Brand, that is not my wife in the chair. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by virtual_mantis
                            No we don't. I've been adapting my praying mantis forms for use on the wooden dummy. Works pretty good.

I wouldn't consider myself to be a wing chun nut rider. If I was I would just go study wing chun. I do like working on that dummy though.

I'm guessing you're asking because of my signature. The reason I posted that how to is because I was sick of people try to make money off a thing that I think should be free.
                            Its great battle lost,
                            To a distant post;
                            A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

Let's see.

I took shaolin do from ages 13-16 or something like that. I was totally convinced of the superiority of Chinese TMAs. I carried nunchaku around like I was some kind of badass. I also carried throwing knives and tried to get away with carrying a sword once. I used to do my forms in the middle of class and would write all my essays about martial arts. I subscribed to Black Belt and worse, believed everything in it as gospel. Yeah, I was pretty bad. It didn't help that I was a chubby, acne-spotted maroon.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X