How often do you wash your kimonos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often do you wash your kimonos?

Mine gets really dirty. I wish I could wash it after every class but it's so much work...

Buy a few and then wash them at the end of the week

Comment

How could you not wash your work out clothes?!?
      “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Comment

You're not a good troll, capaloco.

Be careful the silk in your kimono does not rip during training...
        Now or never.

Comment

I hope you're joking. Cuz I shudder to think of the style that trains in a Kimono. Does it have a nice floral print on it? Maybe it's some special geisha martial art.

Comment

hehe, Brazilians call the gi a kimono

Comment

sorry, here they are called like in Brazil. So I repeat the question. Put Gi in place of Kimono.

Comment

Haha, my bad.

Comment

I ask this because some guys in the dojo told me that I don't need to wash it often. I don't like that but I don't know. Maybe they are just dirty people

Comment

lol, you probably imagined this

Would be nice to see that in a NHB fight

Comment

That's exactly what I imagined, which is why the thought was mildly disturbing to me.

Also, not washing your gi lends you a sort of strategic advantage during a grappling encounter; if his eyes are watering, you have the advantage.

In all seriousness, though, most of the time you can toss your gi in with the rest of your laundry and it'll stay plenty clean unless you're working out 5x a week and building up a sweat all the time.

(Edit: Assuming you do your regular laundry once a week.)

Comment

^ Exactly... lol @ Brazillians calling it a kimono.
                        Now or never.

Comment

throw me for a loop this thread did yes
                          Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

I wash my gi once or twice a week. I have two gi's. I have my really nice one that I wear most of the time and a less quality back-up that I can throw on when my #1 gi is too dirty.

We don't do ground grappling at my dojo, but there are plenty of throws, sweeps, and takedowns, so two classes is about the limit before I need to wash my gi if I don't want it to look dirty. It takes a couple more before it starts to smell bad.

Comment

I've got two jackets. I alternate them and let them air dry inbetween then throw them in the wash each week.
                              Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X