Victory Martial Arts Academy & Dion Riccardo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victory Martial Arts Academy & Dion Riccardo

I was looking into schools that teach JKD and grappling and found this one. This is a list of what they teach:

Jeet Kune Do Concepts

Jun Fan Kick Boxing, & Gung Fu

Filipino Martial Arts (Kali, Eskrima, Arnis)

Ground Grappling (Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, Sambo)

Weapons

I am planning on visiting and was wondering if anyone can give me a heads-up about Victory MA Academy or Dion Riccardo.

Victory MA Academy

Ask about what belts/certifications they have and from who. The BJJ background on the website seems a little vague...

Comment

Well here is his personal philosophy: Personal Philosophy on life and/or Martial Arts: Awareness leads to vision, vision leads to focus, focus leads to discipline, discipline leads to integrity, integrity leads to wisdom, wisdom leads to balance, balance leads to awareness.

WOW!

Comment

I know Mr. Riccardo personally (he's very good friends with my instructor) and he's legit. His JKD and Kali training is primarily from Mr. Ron Balicki, one of the top students/instructors under Guru Dan Inosanto. I don't know how long anyone has checked Mr. Riccardo's website, but he has some background information on his training on there now.

Comment

Holy necropostia

Comment

Hi, i know this is a crazy old thread. but for those looking for info on victory, i thought i might make a post here with my experiences.

victory is an okay school. the people there are freindly. but dont count on seeing dion himself there much if at all. he use to be around alot. but now he wants to just hang out at his home while his teachers make him money. which is fine i guess, if thats what you like.

dont count on getting instruction from dion though. and you will rarely get instruction from his "protege" anthony either. you will mostly get it from whoever they can find to teach.

Dion's credentials are good though. trained under dan inosanto, ron ballicki, paul vunak, fred degerberg. but now none of those teachers talk to him and they all know of him as a "jesus freak" and dont really want much to do with him.

if you want to train at victory expect to pay alot of money for classes as well. last i checked, $220 a month for 2 classes a week was the norm.

Comment

There you go Slim Jim, I hope that was worth waiting 3 1/2 years.

Comment

lol, yeah really....

Comment

Hello Y'all!

In response to Freepunch's post. Victory Martial Arts is an outstanding school. In terms of not being trained by Dion Riccardo--He has seminars that he teaches such as the JKD Bootcamp and other seminars that he host's during the year. So Dion still teaches. If you go to any school, most classes are taught by Instructors. The owner is suppose to train his students to come up and teach. that is how you build a legacy. If you want the martial arts to continue, you must leave your talent and gifts with your students.

Also, for the Victory's two classes per week of $220- NOT TRUE! There was not even a high rate like that at any time. An average cost now is $99-$159 depending on what program you sign up for.

And last point, Freepunch stated that Dion stays at home while his teachers make money for him. Dion teaches 4 times a week @ the Victory School in Orland park. And when he is not teaching he is working on developing better Staff, Instructors and overall he works on how to make the academy better.

So I do not know where freepunch was going with what he was saying. The statements he made where very inaccurate.

But in conclusion, check out Victory for yourself. I been to other schools but the Instructor's at Victory have HEART, DEDICATION and LOYALTY.

Comment

TOP! I have trained, albeit minimally, @ VMA. Great bunch of people, great instruction, and no ego on the mats. Great place overall, and if anyone goes there tell Mike P. that 4Mello says hi. Thanks in advance.

Comment

"if you want to train at victory expect to pay alot of money for classes as well. last i checked, $220 a month for 2 classes a week was the norm."

Okay Cyberfu and Mix6APlix do you disagree with this number?

Comment

In regards to Freepunch's comments on the victory martial arts academy and it's instructors, my first comment is F' you dude!! How dare you say such negative things about that school. Victory has to be one of the top most character building schools out there to date. How the hell would you feel if i totally shat all over your school?! If in fact you do practice a martial art, you should stop immediately. I bet your master would be F'in ashamed of how you talked down about another school, there is no doubt in my mind that you dont have any discipline, self-control, or any humbling bone in your body you little prick.

As for the instructors, I wish you would come out to the gym and say that type of shit to their faces, then we'll see what kind of stuff goes down. The instructors have a whole bunch of experience in student - centered teaching, technical expertise and the heart that makes up this school.

As for anthony and Mr. Riccardo, yes they both are very devoted christian men, but what is wrong with putting everything you got into your profession which in turn helps all of our students. I wish you knew how many heart-felt testimonies that we get all the time due to Anthony's and Mr. Riccardo's influences and guidence. I you got the balls to say that type of shit again about that school, I hope you know that you better F'in bring it and put up or shut the F'up!!!

Comment

In response to Ninja Claus

I know for certain that it is NOT $220 a month for two classes. I would bet my life on it that!!

Even if it was, it would be worth it.

Comment

If you cant find JKD I suggest Krav Maga. I love JKD but couldnt find a real JKD school near me. Krav Maga is something very similar to what JKD would be had Bruce lived longer. A lot of JKD places just throw a bunch of different arts together, go to an Inosanto seminar and call it JKD. real JKD is great but the phonies are horrble...ends up being an expensive aerobics class. try Krav if ot's nearby, it's worh a look if you like JKD.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberfu
                              In response to Ninja Claus

I know for certain that it is NOT $220 a month for two classes. I would bet my life on it that!!

Even if it was, it would be worth it.
                              Then how much is it for two classes a week. Please scan your contract here after redacting your personal information.

Comment

Working...
                              X