Kicking for Horses????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kicking for Horses????

There have been some who have asserted that kicking in some forms of the martial arts came about as a necessary means to fend off attackers on horseback. Many of you may know that I am based in China, and I have recently consulted many practitioners here regarding this kicking controversy.

After speaking with various Experts and Teachers, including a senior Teacher at the Shaolin Temple in Henan China (Yes, the birthplace of Shaolin Gongfu), I have found no evidence to support that kicking was originally intended to fight against men on horseback. Can you believe that?

In Academia, scholars are rewarded for debunking common beliefs or facts with distinction, fame, and even tenure in some cases. Likewise, authors in publications such as Black Belt Magazine are rewarded monetarily for producing creative journalism. I'm not sure about the source of this controversy, but I am open to hear your thoughts about it.

if kicks wernt meant for horses then why do we have a "horse stance"?

*note to MichaelDescado, this is sarcasm.
    CLICK THE ADDS ROMO!

This chapter will also show clips from a high-speed video in which Master Bristol conceals a Swiss Army Knife inside his buttocks. -from "The Magicians Code" by Hans Bristol

Comment

Not to be harsh on a n00b, but did you really have to ask martial arts experts about that sort of thing? Can you ask them if Ninjas can really fly for me? Hannibal told me they could and I was just wondering. . .

Welcome to Bullshido.
      Deluxe247 tells it like it is:

you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)

This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

Comment

Originally posted by manchuria
        This is actually a common misconception, arising from an error in the transliteration of foreign texts. The proper term is "hoarse stance", referring to the result of endless reverse-punch-kias in the ancient days of hardcore training.
        "I'm offering straight punch, kick while downed to the ribs or head, and of course- the german suplex...which is one suplex quickly followed by another." - Guerilla Fists

Matt Thornton explains "aliveness": http://www.bullshido.com/videos/sbg2.wmv

West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu thread
        West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu archive thread
        (experiment to see if I can boost the thread's Google rank)

Comment

So the existence of a stance explains why kicking came into use? So the stance actually signifies the historical origin of kicking?? I'm looking into how kicking came about, not what it was used for.

Well sir, there is a monkey stance and a tiger stance in some forms of gongfu including Shaolin gongfu, so using your school of thought (xiao xue, that is), it was created to fend off monkeys and tigers?

Man, this is not what i was looking for at all. Come at me with more than that. Where is the historical reference, where is the annotated bibliography??

Better to say nothing and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by theeac
            Better to say nothing and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
            Indeed.
            "I'm offering straight punch, kick while downed to the ribs or head, and of course- the german suplex...which is one suplex quickly followed by another." - Guerilla Fists

Matt Thornton explains "aliveness": http://www.bullshido.com/videos/sbg2.wmv

West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu thread
            West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu archive thread
            (experiment to see if I can boost the thread's Google rank)

Comment

Originally posted by manchuria

*note to MichaelDescado, this is sarcasm.
              Looks like you need to edit that to inclue Descado AND Theeac. . .

you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)

This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

Comment

theeac, the fact that you are trying to logically dispute my argument saddens me, im a sad panda.
                CLICK THE ADDS ROMO!

This chapter will also show clips from a high-speed video in which Master Bristol conceals a Swiss Army Knife inside his buttocks. -from "The Magicians Code" by Hans Bristol

Comment

Mr. Manchuria,

I am curious about the origins of the movement, not some roll-playing fantisy. Monks are highly respected here, and they view gongfu as a part of their life. I would not dare mock them by asking such base questions as those. I really think you're on the wrong thread. Perhpas you do things with no knowledge of how they came to be...but there are some of us who strive for understanding in what we do. I suppose you're of the "blind leading the blind" camp.

Look both ways before you cross the street big guy!

Comment

Manchuria,

The fact that you can not form a logical argument disturbs me, and I'm sure it saddens your xiao xue teachers as well.

Poof, be gone!

Comment

this post is brought to you by the words "what" "the" and "fuck".

nice sig BTW.
                      CLICK THE ADDS ROMO!

Comment

"The fact that you can not form a logical argument disturbs me, and I'm sure it saddens your xiao xue teachers as well."

DONT THEY HAVE SARCASM OVER IN CHINA?! DID THE COMMUNISTS TAKE THAT TOO?!
                        CLICK THE ADDS ROMO!

Comment

Holy flying shit monkeys! Does he still not get it? Ok, theeac, I am going to attempt to spell this out in plain English for you. You do speak English, right?

The one known as "manchuria" was merely attempting to make what is called a "joke." He typed something that others would find "funny" and make them "laugh" by virtue of it being stupid and implausible. Then, to make it funnier, the referenced another incidence in which a forum member called "MichaelDescado" didn't notice obvious SARCASM when he saw it.

Even when clearly labeled as such, you seem to miss it as well. Please purchase a dictionary and look up "sarcasm."

In short: HE WAS NOT DISCUSSING OR ARGUING WITH YOU! He was making a joke!

That is why you have made him a "sad panda" (I would explain this but you need to watch South Park, so nevermind). You tried to argue with his joke. Please, read things carefully next time.

Comment

theeac is just upset because he broke up with his boyfriend! I think we all know the REAL meaning of his little horse kicking obsession.

Either get with the program, or get outta my face!

Comment

your post is only marginally less retarded
                              CLICK THE ADDS ROMO!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X