X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WingChun Lawyer
    replied
    Originally posted by The Wastrel
    Jen's basic point is incontrovertible: Why does this person speak for Xing-Yi Quan?

Leave a comment:

• chaosexmachina
    replied
    Originally posted by The Wastrel
    Jen's basic point is incontrovertible: Why does this person speak for Xing-Yi Quan?
    AHA! Good question... I will now shift my eyes perilously.

(You don't know how close I came to posting with the word shift spelled shit. t4t w0uld h4v3 m4d3 m3 l00k t3h gh3y!)

Leave a comment:

• WingChun Lawyer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• blankslate
    replied
    sigh

Leave a comment:

• The Wastrel
    replied

Leave a comment:

• chaosexmachina
    replied
    "Concepts work in any situation; they work standing or on the ground. A very good example is about how to defend a punch. You have to look deep in to the movement (the punch) and understand that before being a punch, it's a straight force. So if you learn how to defend straight force attacks, and not only a punch, you can defend (using the same movement) a punch, a frontal kick, a side kick, a wrestlers double leg or a BJJ "baiana," for all these movements are in fact straight forces in motion."

This is so far from the truth, I want to stick a pair of scissor up my ass, open them and turn it several times. There is a HUGE difference between defending a straight force as small as a fist, aimed above your head and an entire person moving below your centre of gravity, trying to remove your support "pillars". Therefore, you need different 'concepts' for both actions. Just like you need different skill sets while fighting on the ground, clinching and striking. That's not to say there is no overlap in these concepts and skillsets, it's just that these overlaps are not great enough to save you from fighting in an area you have not trained in.

*EDITED FOR T3H 5P3LL1NG

Leave a comment:

• WingChun Lawyer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Matt W.
    replied
    I disagree WCL. What he said was just as ridiculous. He basically made all the same, completely disproven claims that all TMA people make. He supported ideas like having a good stance can make takedowns impossible. He basically claims that you don't have to know grappling to beat grappling. He came out with all the traditional lame excuses. And it's obvious that he knows nothing about BJJ.

In short, his point of view is uneducated, delusional, based on lame theory that has not been tested throguh application and is not deserving of any respect whatsoever. And it would all be easily proven by having him fight some decent grapplers/MMAers. If he's offended by that, so what? It's the truth. And any claims that we bullshidoka are "a cradle of foul mouthed teens" is a lame cop-out used to avoid facing up to that truth.

Regards,
    Matt

Leave a comment:

• WingChun Lawyer
    replied
    Originally posted by chaosexmachina
    Yeah, he wasn't all that bad... BUt there were some fishy statements in there...

Leave a comment:

• chaosexmachina
    replied
    Originally posted by WingChun Lawyer
    Yeah, he wasn't all that bad... BUt there were some fishy statements in there...

Leave a comment:

• chaosexmachina
    replied
    Haha, awesome.

Leave a comment:

• WingChun Lawyer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• drunkenj
    replied
    i would like to thank them for providing me with my new sig

Leave a comment:

• chaosexmachina
    replied
    Sorry...

Leave a comment:

• Jenfucius
    replied
    i would just like to note that this guy does not speak for the entire xing yi community and that i object to the title of this thread as "xingyi on BJJ". i would prefer the title "one idiot's view on BJJ".

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X