Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLJ
    replied
    The competition would have to be held in broken glass covered field for any results to be viable.

Leave a comment:

• Gezere
    replied
    The only way to settle this whole, "WHOZE STYLE R0X0RS TEH MOST!", is to hold some sort of event... Yeah, and any style can compete in a big cage where the only rule is.... THERE ARE NO RULES! Brilliant.
    WTF? THAT is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. What if someone got hurt. Don't ever post such nonsense again.:mad:

Sir, I do believe you are forgetting the whopping 5 months or so of wrestling I've had! Surely that qualifies me?
    Thats the only thing that qualifies you. Not that pussy BJJ stuff!!!!:mad:

You see, I have listened to those with more experience and knowledge than me. I have learned from them. And this is what they have taught me.
    You still have a ways to go yong padawan!:cool:

Leave a comment:

• chaosexmachina
    replied
    The only way to settle this whole, "WHOZE STYLE R0X0RS TEH MOST!", is to hold some sort of event... Yeah, and any style can compete in a big cage where the only rule is.... THERE ARE NO RULES! Brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• Matt W.
    replied
    and matt, you are a old fat bitch.
    32 is NOT old.

you talk a lot of horseshit for someone who took BJJ for 2 months last summer and has a 1st degree black belt in TKD.
    Sir, I do believe you are forgetting the whopping 5 months or so of wrestling I've had! Surely that qualifies me? :cool:

And nutriding? NUTRIDING????? *feels nuts of BJJers and grapplers in hand* Oh, THAT nutriding! Well, sure. In fact, THAT is what actualy qualifies me to make an argument in this case. You see, I have listened to those with more experience and knowledge than me. I have learned from them. And this is what they have taught me.

Seriously though, I'd love to have a good debate with you. Let me know. In the meantime, feel better, man. Why were you puking so much anyway?

Matt

Leave a comment:

• KillerInstinct
    replied
    Well the black guy looks the other way when he punches and holds his hands low (like tae kwon do guys), and the other clip is just grappling they cant keep each other from going to the ground even once.

Leave a comment:

• NHB_Ben
    replied
    Originally posted by KillerInstinct
    are you saying these guys are good?:
    http://onthemat.com/Images/tijuana/t...tellomarsh.mov

http://onthemat.com/Images/tijuana/tj03_sherkdiaz.mov

ANybody could fight like some mma guys without training.
    This man needs an EEG if he can't tell that these are trained fighters.

Leave a comment:

• KillerInstinct
    replied
    Originally posted by Tadzio
    Hi all;
    As I said, I could, if people were more educated. After spending so many years in China education became an everyday concept for me.
    I will say only that I stop believing in internet discussions a long time ago and Gongfu is not to be talked about, but to be trained and tested.
    why is it that neija (internals) people always brag about how educated they are and everybody else (external and especially mma) are so barbarian and uneducated and fight in cages like hounds?

Leave a comment:

• KillerInstinct
    replied
    are you saying these guys are good?:
    http://onthemat.com/Images/tijuana/t...tellomarsh.mov

http://onthemat.com/Images/tijuana/tj03_sherkdiaz.mov

ANybody could fight like some mma guys without training.

Leave a comment:

• SLJ
    replied
    "This is why they have to dedicate a small portion of their articles to suck off grapplers, BJJers, MMAers, whatever, pacify them, and then go on talking out of their ass."

^True, and it always comes back to the same old things. Usually Mult.Opps

"Xing Yi Quan"

And isn't this the guy who tutored Obi Wan in Star Wars ?

When I become a Jedi, I'll kill you Rickson (but I love you for now, don't hurt me sir)
    Last edited by SLJ; 3/09/2004 4:12am, .

Leave a comment:

• Gezere
    replied
    FOOLISH XING YI PPLE

PPLE PPLE PPLE I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS WAS 6 PAGES LONG!!!! I THOUGHT BY KNOW YOU HAVE ALL BEEN PROPERLY BRAINWAS.....EDUCATED ON THE FACTS:

1. BAJI! > BJJ

2. BAJI! > RICKSON

3. BAJI! > BIO WEAPONS

4. Pple in IRAQ and other third world countries are not allowed to learn BAJI! a BAJI man is a WMD. We intrecepted Al Queda operatives trying to by Tony Chen and James Guo on the black market. Thank god we stopped them!!!!

5. BWO > MMA If you have to ask what BWO is you are a sorry pathetic being and not worthy.

'Understand? Good, Play'

(This public service announcement was brought to you by the BWO and other agencies of senseless posts!!)

Leave a comment:

• KillerInstinct
    replied
    3 names is really so much. Thank god for you and your counterexamples. Jesus Christ lives.

Leave a comment:

• Shuma-Gorath
    replied
    Originally posted by Dochter
    ... in general I think Jen's point is hard to refute.
    I had trouble coming up with three counterexamples :(

Leave a comment:

• Dochter
    replied
    ... in general I think Jen's point is hard to refute.

Leave a comment:

• Shuma-Gorath
    replied
    Originally posted by Jenfucius
    5. there is no way that the level of striking in MMA in general has approached the level of grappling. that'll be my opinion until bernard hopkins or roy jones leaves the squared circle to fight in the octagon.
    Silva
    Filipovic
    Belfort

...and rumor has it, Peter Aerts is on his way to Pride.

Leave a comment:

• liuzg150181
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt W.
    After further thought, I do see what you mean about him relying on the "specialization" argument, WCL. It seems he's saying that the reason BJJers do so well is because their specialized, and in order for XYQers to be able to defend against that, they need to also specialize... in thier XYQ. Of course, that is also wrong, and it doesn't change the fact that the arguments he uses to support his idea are lame excuses.

And thanks, HAPKO.

Regards,
    Matt
    I think what he means is specialization of techniques,not of style---concentrate on a few techniques to improve the power,timing,speed and precision of the techniques,though that doesnt mean these are the only things he or she knows~~~

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X