To a distant post;
    Our master Caesar is in the tent
    Where the maps are spread,
    His eyes fixed upon nothing,
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

Haha, awesome.
      "Prison is for rapists, thieves and murderers. If you lock someone up for smoking a plant that makes them happy, you're the fucking criminal." - Joe Rogan

El Guapo says dance!

Comment

Originally posted by WingChun Lawyer
        Yeah, he wasn't all that bad... BUt there were some fishy statements in there...
        "Prison is for rapists, thieves and murderers. If you lock someone up for smoking a plant that makes them happy, you're the fucking criminal." - Joe Rogan

El Guapo says dance!

Comment

Originally posted by chaosexmachina
          Yeah, he wasn't all that bad... BUt there were some fishy statements in there...
          That civilisation may not sink,
          Its great battle lost,
          Quiet the dog, tether the pony
          To a distant post;
          A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

I disagree WCL. What he said was just as ridiculous. He basically made all the same, completely disproven claims that all TMA people make. He supported ideas like having a good stance can make takedowns impossible. He basically claims that you don't have to know grappling to beat grappling. He came out with all the traditional lame excuses. And it's obvious that he knows nothing about BJJ.

In short, his point of view is uneducated, delusional, based on lame theory that has not been tested throguh application and is not deserving of any respect whatsoever. And it would all be easily proven by having him fight some decent grapplers/MMAers. If he's offended by that, so what? It's the truth. And any claims that we bullshidoka are "a cradle of foul mouthed teens" is a lame cop-out used to avoid facing up to that truth.

Regards,
            Matt

Comment

Its great battle lost,
              To a distant post;
              A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

"Concepts work in any situation; they work standing or on the ground. A very good example is about how to defend a punch. You have to look deep in to the movement (the punch) and understand that before being a punch, it's a straight force. So if you learn how to defend straight force attacks, and not only a punch, you can defend (using the same movement) a punch, a frontal kick, a side kick, a wrestlers double leg or a BJJ "baiana," for all these movements are in fact straight forces in motion."

This is so far from the truth, I want to stick a pair of scissor up my ass, open them and turn it several times. There is a HUGE difference between defending a straight force as small as a fist, aimed above your head and an entire person moving below your centre of gravity, trying to remove your support "pillars". Therefore, you need different 'concepts' for both actions. Just like you need different skill sets while fighting on the ground, clinching and striking. That's not to say there is no overlap in these concepts and skillsets, it's just that these overlaps are not great enough to save you from fighting in an area you have not trained in.

*EDITED FOR T3H 5P3LL1NG

El Guapo says dance!

Comment

Jen's basic point is incontrovertible: Why does this person speak for Xing-Yi Quan?
                  Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

sigh

Comment

Its great battle lost,
                      To a distant post;
                      A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

Originally posted by The Wastrel
                        Jen's basic point is incontrovertible: Why does this person speak for Xing-Yi Quan?
                        AHA! Good question... I will now shift my eyes perilously.

(You don't know how close I came to posting with the word shift spelled shit. t4t w0uld h4v3 m4d3 m3 l00k t3h gh3y!)

El Guapo says dance!

Comment

Originally posted by The Wastrel
                          Its great battle lost,
                          To a distant post;
                          A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

Originally posted by WingChun Lawyer
                            I think this statement summarizes the point Tadzio wanted to make, even if he did put some phrases saying grappling is unnecessary on his article. I agree with the points he tries to make here.
                            If that was the point he was trying to make, it would have done so to just put up that paragraph, instead of contradicting himself, and make a bit of an ass of himself speaking on behalf of XingYi and BJJ.

El Guapo says dance!

Comment

He did not state that, but the attitude was there.

El Guapo says dance!

Comment

Originally posted by chaosexmachina
                                If that was the point he was trying to make, it would have done so to just put up that paragraph, instead of contradicting himself, and make a bit of an ass of himself speaking on behalf of XingYi and BJJ.
                                Its great battle lost,
                                To a distant post;
                                A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X