Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video proof...what're the requirements?

Hey fellow bullshido'ers,

I'd like to adress a little topic abotu video proof and resisting opponents and would appreciate a "good" discussion ;)

Many ppl here need video proof to judge the effectiveness of a style. So I was thinking: what exactly do you need there? Let's take me as example: I don't go to competitions and don't plan to. Would a sparring video be enough? Like what we do in class every training? Or would I have to take a video camera to TEH STR33T and let some bystander film while I fight anyone? :D

Just curios what you guys want to see to be satisfied...

And no: I don't fight in competitions, I can abide to rules :( although I tried...

Bye for now,
    Prone

Please. Send us footage of sparring in class. We'd love to see you in action.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

Comment

we just like video--- sparring --- fighting whatever, just make sure you get a good shot of the broken glass and lava otherwise we wont know that it's TEH STR33T

Comment

The lava could be a problem here though. At the moment I only got snow. Would it be okay if I added like 1 million samurai with folded steel swords :)?

Comment

yes, or you could substitute wild animals for the lava

Comment

Prone - it would be great seeing some clips of you sparring against your own style, and also against various other martial art styles (bjj, judo, aikido, wrestling, tkd....). Don't know if you have access to any other martial art styles in your area that would want to do that with you.

Comment

I have MrMcFu's dojo not too far away and also have friends in Goju Ryu, Wado Ryu and Muay Thai that I train with sometimes. Only problem is that I've been sick for damn 3 weeks and recovering will take some time. That rules out MrMcFu as he will leave Germany I suppose. It will take some time until I can post videos. They would suck probably b/c I'm not the greatest fighter around :D

Anyway, the topic is also about requirements for EVERY video that would be taken seriously. Let's be honest: I'd make an ass of myself when I post a vid, doesn't matter what quality. That's why I want rules for a video...

Comment

I can only speak for myself - but any sparring session would be cool to watch - doesn't have to be full contact - as long as both people are trying to win.

Comment

I don't have to say (nick)names...there are enough who'd say: it sucks. No matter what they see. As long as it's not competition like UFC, Pride whatever.

Still, when I'm fully fit again (working on it) I will do some clips with friends and sparring partners. It's only T3H 1nt3rn3T ;)

Comment

As long as it's non co-operative it's viable I'd say.

A proper fight's always best though.
                    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
                    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Comment

Yeah, it's usually not cooperative in sparring. Everybody wants to impress the ladies ;)

Comment

Dance around naked for us.

Comment

i'm not sure what you mean by proof. and i by no means represent bullshido(obviously) but i like to see fights. please post them :)

Comment

That civilisation may not sink,
                            Its great battle lost,
                            Quiet the dog, tether the pony
                            To a distant post;
                            Our master Caesar is in the tent
                            Where the maps are spread,
                            His eyes fixed upon nothing,
                            A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

Haven't done them. Will need to do some when I'm fully fit again.

Was just wondering when I saw nearly every other video torn to shreds verbally...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X