Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone seen Jason DeLucia's combat aikido series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone seen Jason DeLucia's combat aikido series?

http://www.budovideos.com/shop/custo...578&cat=&page=

combat aikido?

Comment

No, but I saw Delucia fight once and it didn't look much like Aikido-it looked like pretty traditional MMA. He had better footwork than most MMAers though.

Comment

Try asking over on E-Budo.com as well.

Comment

sometimes i miss aikido

Comment

Originally posted by by-the-throat
            No, but I saw Delucia fight once and it didn't look much like Aikido-it looked like pretty traditional MMA. He had better footwork than most MMAers though.
            Thats why i wanna hear about these tapes! see whats aikido related in his submission fighting game...

Comment

Who would want to see combat aikido?

Comment

Same sort of people who are drawn to train wrecks, car accidents, and America's Funniest Home Videos.
                Last edited by bunyip; 3/08/2004 12:34am, .
                "I'm offering straight punch, kick while downed to the ribs or head, and of course- the german suplex...which is one suplex quickly followed by another." - Guerilla Fists

Matt Thornton explains "aliveness": http://www.bullshido.com/videos/sbg2.wmv

West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu thread
                West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu archive thread
                (experiment to see if I can boost the thread's Google rank)

Comment

I've got the set and watched it. They're really good. The submissions flow from the aikido techniques so it's really easy to tell when you're "done" 'cause the guy on the ground (or being held) is tapping. The randori on the DVDs is cool, you can tell there's real resistance going on.

I'm a student at his dojo and he's already taught us some of the stuff on the DVDs. The submissions work, and so does the other stuff, and it all looks like aikido when we do it. Something like 3 or 4 of us bought the DVDs as soon as they came out, and we all think they're great.

Comment

Why don't you ask him about it yourself?

http://www.aikidog-sales.com/aikicen...hp?name=Forums

He also frequents aikiweb.com.

Comment

Jason is a member of this site. Hopefully he might give some info. Straight from the horses mouth so to speak.
                      ______
                      Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
                      -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                      The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
                      -Daniel Tosh

Comment

it was my dream to be able to perform the aiki in professional fighting .i had to streatch my form into the ideal while cultivating the real .i know that what i do is real .i know there are many that say theirs is real, but its not .its not that they are decieving us but they are not yet ready to do in reality what what they do in theory .evrery bit of randori i do is real .kick punch is fine .

Comment

Okay Jason but wouldn't you say that Combat Aikido was just a throw back to Aikijitsu?

Comment

bullshit, everyone knows that you have to be the guardian of the iwama shrine in order to channel the spirit of ueshiba in order to have the "real aikido"

Comment

Ah glad you are still posting here Mr. DeLucia.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X