Kung Fu, TKD or Karate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kung Fu, TKD or Karate?

Which of this 3 is better for self-defense?
    Kung Fu, TKD or Karate?

Ack!
    Secret moves such as hitting a thing with your hand and hitting a thing with your leg have been stolen and degenerated by arts like karate, boxing, muay-thai, Kung-fu, and basketball. -Epicurious

I for one welcome our new Ninja overlords.
    -Whiteshark

I figure fighting a group of chunners would be like water torture, its not the force as such, just the constant trickle of chain punches wearing down your sanity. -The Juggernoob

Comment

What kind of karate... what kind of kung fu?
      Now or never.

Comment

well there tends to be more Mcdojo-ism with kung fu and TKD. Karate since there is a decent number of Ryu's that practice smart and practical techniques.
        "ARGH SURF NINJAS *implodes* " the cruel fate of Stold3

Comment

XMA

Comment

Ummm... there's hella karate McDojo-ism too. Treat every school on a case by case basis. No style is safe!!!!11
            Now or never.

Comment

San Shou or San-da kung fu
              Kyokushin, Enshin or other FULL CONTACT karate
              never felt too comfortable with TKD
              but
              as anyone will beat you over the head with
              it all depends on where and HOW you train
              not what (style) you train
              Secret moves such as hitting a thing with your hand and hitting a thing with your leg have been stolen and degenerated by arts like karate, boxing, muay-thai, Kung-fu, and basketball. -Epicurious

I for one welcome our new Ninja overlords.
              -Whiteshark

I figure fighting a group of chunners would be like water torture, its not the force as such, just the constant trickle of chain punches wearing down your sanity. -The Juggernoob

Comment

Originally posted by shironinja
                Ummm... there's hella karate McDojo-ism too. Treat every school on a case by case basis. No style is safe!!!!11
                I never said Karate has no mcdojo-ism, I said it has LESS. Compared to such arts like Kung fu (which is a huge array of arts and a real general term) and TKD (I can think of only one major organization that does anything realistic.)

Comment

Kung-fu rulez all, bow down to my mighty "dragon awakens from high mountain" technique, or, as it's none in America "Bitch slapp from hell"!!!

Comment

wado ryu karate/ kyokushinkai are both good.
                    wing chun kung fu is pretty direct and good for self defence
                    dunno about tae qwon doe, never done it

Comment

Boxing... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Meteora
                        I never said Karate has no mcdojo-ism, I said it has LESS. Compared to such arts like Kung fu (which is a huge array of arts and a real general term) and TKD (I can think of only one major organization that does anything realistic.)
                        I do not believe there is a quantitative measure in place to measure this. Because of that I have to insist you retract your viewpoint.
                        Now or never.

Comment

You really want self defense? PM Kungfoolss to ask him about SCARS training. I hear the special forces do it so it is obviously the best thing there is. . .
                          Deluxe247 tells it like it is:

you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)

This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

Comment

Originally posted by shironinja
                            I do not believe there is a quantitative measure in place to measure this. Because of that I have to insist you retract your viewpoint.
                            I insist you STFU CANADIAN!

Comment

Originally posted by Meteora
                              I insist you STFU CANADIAN!
                              LOL! Dammit. OK you got me.
                              Now or never.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X