No announcement yet.

Who Says There Is No MA Angle On 9/11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I may be missing something here after reading through all of this but it sounds like your working from the assumption that the towers fell at free fall speed. I am under the impression that they did not.
    Here is a web page that talks about this in depth.
    http://www.debunking911.com/freefall.htm
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
      Ok I may be missing something here after reading through all of this but it sounds like your working from the assumption that the towers fell at free fall speed. I am under the impression that they did not.
      Here is a web page that talks about this in depth.
      http://www.debunking911.com/freefall.htm
      I think you're confusing velocity (speed) and acceleration (rate of change in speed). When Matt says "free fall" in his OP and followups he means free fall acceleration. The longer something is falling, the faster it is moving (up to the terminal velocity), at a standard rate (in the Earth's atmosphere) of 9.81 meters per second per second. At t=0s your velocity=0, at t=1s your velocity is 9.8m/s, t=2s and you're now at 19.6 m/s, etc, assuming no other forces (like lift or thrust).

Something I noted in http://www.debunking911.com/freefall.htm

Italian debunker shows us more than 16 seconds to collapse. That's almost twice free fall speed from the 110th floor.
      According to that statement, a 110th floor jumper would take well more than 16 seconds to hit the ground at free fall. Dr. Greening's report uses seismographs (like Matt used audio) to try to calculate the timing of the collapses to try to model why the towers fell as quickly as they did. In the case of both towers, some other NATURAL force is at work. In Dr. Greening's paper he models this as momentum/energy transfer (kind of like Matt's dominos/bricks), in my wild theory some sort of aerodynamic pull due to low pressure might have contributed. NIST's models seem to avoid the issue and say it was all gravity combined with a failed support structure...which now seems to be a bit of a underwhelming "best effort" attempt now that I look at it in this light.

On the other hand it's nice to see academics like Matt and Dr. Greening going above and beyond to more closely examine the science, prompted of course as a reaction to the sheer volume of disinformative bullshit being spread by truthers.

Nonetheless the data obtained over the first four seconds are quite sufficient to show that WTC 2 fell significantly faster than WTC 1. What is more, the measured downward movement of each Tower may be compared with our calculated values for the same downward movements. The results of such a comparison are shown in Figure 1. This figure uses calculations with E1 set to 0.8 GJ. This value of E1 was selected to include 0.2 GJ of collapse energy to crush the concrete floors. The total collapse times were then calculated as follows: WTC 1: tc = 13.48 s ; WTC 2: tc = 12.07 s
      So....like Matt's experiment (I think) points out, there is definitely some real evidence that there was some other (natural) forces at work that helped speed the collapses that are not really part of the "official" findings or models, making them ultimately weak and exploitable. Whether the forces involved are aerodynamic, fluid, or some truly bizarre dynamic of energy transfer....I will be the first to say I just don't know.
      Last edited by W. Rabbit; 11/30/2010 3:45pm, .

Comment

^^^ is a fair enough representation of what I argued that I wont quibble over details. Except for "(natural)"... there is no reason to weigh in on that one way or another. My primary concern is over whether the Gubmint analysts did their job, and my conclusion is that, like everyone else in that gubmint, they likely did not.
        Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
        Luta Livre flees the fight,
        Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
        Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X