Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BackFistMonkey
    replied
    Seriously tho, I don't believe for a second you have a fucking bigfoot in your yard.

Now, you are making it perfectly clear that something out there is weirding you the fuck out. I am not sure if you are entirely sincere because If I were you I would be hitting hunting/nature/outdoors forums with the information you have gathered, not Bullshido's skeptics forum.

... and as a side note your military tags don't mean shit in this instance because as I pointed out earlier even the government likes a good running gag like religion and christmas and the tooth fairy. Some of the best practical jokers I have met were Rangers out of Fort Bragg.

All that said if there is something out there, I am all for shooting whatever the hell it is. There are lots of rewards/bounties on sasquatch. I bet the Discovery Channel would pay big bucks for whatever you shoot.

Best of luck and good hunting !

Leave a comment:

• BlacksmithSEAL
    replied
    As has been said, anything frequenting an area must be leaving some traces behind, whether hair, feces, tracks, tree signs, or something else. The real problem is that - put simply - it ain't the only critter wandering in the forest. While the TV "Monster Quest" types of shows can drop the $$ to have suspicious evidence analyzed by labs and have the DNA sequenced and identified, I can't do that. If I endeavored to bag and tag every sample of feces and hair that I found in the forest, I'd quickly run out of evidence bags. If I had even ONE such sample analyzed and DNA-sequenced, I'd end up owing about the same as 6 months of my mortgage payments... so that ain't gonna happen.

There is a perceived threat in my household from whatever is wandering around out there in the forest behind the house. I don't shoot anything without reason, but I can and will shoot to defend myself, my family, and my home. There is substantial evidence that multiple creatures are present, which is likely a "family unit", and I am well aware of the dangers involved in dropping one member of such a family group and being perceived as a threat by others in that same family group.

Y'all talk among yourselves and debate as you see fit... decide whether the "thing" in my photo is a living entity or a lump of leaves. As for me, I know it's ALIVE and it's out there in the forest watching my house, whatever it is. I plan to remove the perceived threat at my first opportunity... whether that threat originates with one, or with more than one creature.

Leave a comment:

• Evil Solvalou
    replied
    Originally posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    ...there are almost no accounts of a sasquatch attacking people.
    Almost no accounts? That should mean there are some accounts, albeit a small number. Do you have a link to these accounts? I would've thought that a verified attack, including injuries that could only be sustained from an unknown primate, would be pretty convincing evidence.

Leave a comment:

• Sri Hanuman
    replied
    So when does Cthulu get his own thread?
    This is bullshit. Bullshit!!!

Leave a comment:

• BackFistMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    Blacksmith what you describes sounds like a sasquatch and if your dogs lacked the sense to be affraid they might be in danger but they are smart enough to stay out of its way and there are almost no accounts of a sasquatch attacking people. If you and your friend were to corner such an animal than you might find yourself in danger but it isn't likely to hurt anyone without cause. Also before you consider trying to kill it I would take into consideration that in many cases these animals appear to travel in family groups and killing one might put you and your family in far greater danger as these things appear to be smart enough to hold a grudge. If you do however get that lucky shot be sure to bring back proof and then use the proceeds to move out of the area.
    TLDR version

bigfoot = Chaotic Good don't corner it.

Leave a comment:

• HereBeADragon
    replied
    Blacksmith what you describes sounds like a sasquatch and if your dogs lacked the sense to be affraid they might be in danger but they are smart enough to stay out of its way and there are almost no accounts of a sasquatch attacking people. If you and your friend were to corner such an animal than you might find yourself in danger but it isn't likely to hurt anyone without cause. Also before you consider trying to kill it I would take into consideration that in many cases these animals appear to travel in family groups and killing one might put you and your family in far greater danger as these things appear to be smart enough to hold a grudge. If you do however get that lucky shot be sure to bring back proof and then use the proceeds to move out of the area.

Leave a comment:

• Sri Hanuman
    replied
    Originally posted by Backfistmonkey View Post
    Sasquatch urinates in resealable plastic bottles and poops only in running water. They also have the ability to pass without trace.

Which means of course you have to make sure you have a Druid or Ranger in your party.
    I'm a druid with the Universal Life Church.
    http://www.themonastery.org/

Who needs to marry a sasquatch?

Leave a comment:

• BackFistMonkey
    replied
    Sasquatch urinates in resealable plastic bottles and poops only in running water. They also have the ability to pass without trace.

Which means of course you have to make sure you have a Druid or Ranger in your party.

Leave a comment:

• OZZ
    replied
    I'm no expert on such things, but I would think that if a strange creature was about and coming around on a consistent basis - there would have to be some trace. Hair, snapped branches, feces etc.My suggestion would be to do a thorough search of a 3 to 5 mile radius of your home with an experienced tracker and see what turns up.
    I am a true believer in the instincts of dogs - if they are acting weird, you have just cause to be concerned.

Leave a comment:

• AMF
    replied
    RM2's concern lies with his immediate situation and the safety of his family, rightly so.

My interest is simply that of someone who has since I was a kid, been hearing about the sasquatch mystery. I don't "dedicate my life to it"

My purpose in posting the link was to generate some discussion.

I think that this video is about unscripted as one could get and thus could be footage of a genuine sasquatch. then

Leave a comment:

• BlacksmithSEAL
    replied
    Forest floor is mostly several inches thick with matted/dried leaves and forest 'mulch'. I've watched heavy dogs (100+ lbs) walk across it when WET, and leave little or no traces... certainly nothing that could be used to identify the animal or to track it more than a few feet (at best).

Deer use various pathways through the forest, where the underbrush is less heavy, or where the footing is easier, and we can occasionally find their prints pressed into the mud UNDER the leaves, but not much on the surface except disturbed "scuff marks" along their collective pathways.

Whatever this thing is, whether it moves on two feet or four, it's smart enough to be cautious, and it's aware that we're watching. The dogs detect it and start barking, and we sometimes hear noises in the forest as "something" responds to the dogs and moves away. Deer? Maybe. But dogs don't normally cower and hide from deer... and whatever this thing is, the dogs bark until it gets fairly close, and then they start sniffing the wind nervously, tails down, cowering, and looking for someplace to hide. My dogs and all the neighbors' dogs. My two are both well over 100 lbs; one is a lab mix, the other is a purebred bloodhound. Neither one are normally afraid of anything. The bloodhound reacts particularly oddly... I am pretty sure she can tell a lot from its scent, but so far she hasn't shared that information with us.

I've got a SEAL Teammate coming to visit later this fall, and I'm hoping we CAN get down in the woods for a little poking around. If he can get his hands on some night vision gear, we'll be in hog heaven!

Leave a comment:

• OZZ
    replied
    You are obviously a reliable source based on your history, Blacksmith ...so I don't think you are fabricating anything. But given your military experience and the like..I am just curious as to why, if you really think something is out there in the woods near your home, you have not made a real attempt to TRACK it and hunt it down. A creature of this size and weight should be leaving tracks..should it not?

Leave a comment:

• BlacksmithSEAL
    replied
    Conde... since I live here in the house less than 50 feet from that tree and its leaves, I can personally assure you that it AIN'T LEAVES and it AIN'T A CLUMP OF TREES. I don't know exactly what it is, but it's a LIVING animal of some kind... it's not weeds, sticks, leaves, and/or a fabulous imagination.

While there may be others who "dedicate their lives to this stuff", my only concern is dedicating my life to the safety and welfare of my family. There is SOMETHING roaming in our chunk of forest; we've got one photograph (and a second partial photo), and dozens of hours of audio recording of strange animal calls that began at the same time as the creature showing up on film. We've seen indistinct tracks, smelled strange/bizarre scents that make the dogs extremely jumpy, and the nightly visits and calls agitate the dogs in the neighborhood like no other calls or animals... wild or domestic.

I don't have any particular sense of what the creature is... and I'm not out to prove it's "Bigfoot" or anything else. I don't really care WHAT it is... but I want to know that my family is safe with it/them roaming the forest. Right now I cannot say that I believe they are safe. If I get an opportunity to shoot the dang thing between the eyes I will. I won't do it to get any sort of public acclaim (I don't want anything of the sort), but rather to remove what I perceive as a physical threat. As long as I keep hearing those calls in the night, the game camera is staying on site and I'll be carrying a firearm anytime I go near the forest/treeline.

Leave a comment:

• Conde Koma
    replied
    seriously? it could be a clump of trees or just a regular dude for all it's showing. the arms look long because the lower body is obscured. i honestly can't believe that people dedicate their lives to this stuff.

Leave a comment:

• AMF
    replied
    Okay so I know this is a pretty bad necro.

However in light of a recent video regarding a possible sighting during a filming for a youtube installment for a fly fisherman's blog site segement, I thought I'd post the video link and see what y'all think.

The sighting occurs at 1:39 of the video on the left side of the picture.

http://www.bfro.net/news/mckenzie.asp

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X