Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlacksmithSEAL
    replied
    I think I've documented the extent of my encounters with the unknown creature here... don't think I've left anything out. No strange smells, no personal sightings, ONE game camera picture and what appears to be a second PARTIAL picture, 2 yrs (+) of wierd audio calls (night mostly, but also daylight hrs). A bigfoot researcher DID visit our house back in 2008 after I contacted BFRO.NET about the game camera picture and a previous audio "encounter". In fact that same researcher coincidentally "dropped by" yesterday evening (8pm 7 Sep 2010) to see if we'd had any recent activity.

When that BFRO investigator originally came to visit, we hiked down into the forest looking for tracks and any other possible evidence. We found "humanoid" appearing footprints in the forest mulch of various sizes but nothing we could cast in plaster. That researcher then made three attempts to mimic a "bigfoot yell"... listening each time for any response. We heard nothing, and we hiked back out of the forest; the investigator then departed.

That night "something" followed our scent trail up out of the forest, arriving behind the small residential trailer on our property which was occupied by a family member, SLAMMED/THUMPED the wall of the trailer very hard, then ROARED! It scared her out of her mind, terrified her pets, and left her sleepless for the remainder of the night. We contacted the BFRO investigator the next day and he apologized for not warning us that such actions might take place. He said that his calls had "challenged" the whateveritwas regarding "ownership" and "occupancy" and that it had followed our scent trail to the trailer and had then loudly proclaimed its own title, ownership, and/or occupancy rights.

I wasn't concerned about anyone's safety until that event. Since that occurred I've been fully armed and alert anytime I'm near the edge of the forest. Even working in my shop I keep a fully loaded 12 ga. within arm's reach at all times.

We haven't heard any tree knocking or banging of rocks, but that one visit with the slam against the trailer and the roar was enough to convince me that I'm part of a turf battle.

Leave a comment:

• Permalost
    replied
    Interesting note about Gigantopithecus, the extinct ape that bigfoot folks reference: the reconstructions are based entirely on jaw bones and teeth. The rest is speculated from there. Originally (in the mid 1930s) an anthropologist noted very large primate teeth in a Chinese apothecary shops, where various fossils were pulverized into powders for medicine, and this became the basis for gigantopithecus.

Leave a comment:

• Permalost
    replied
    Originally posted by helmutlvx View Post
    But what about Sasquatch that are already dead due to accident? There's no reason for an animal to grab a carcass and haul it off. Except if the carcass was for lunch.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._8028744_n.jpg

Leave a comment:

• helmutlvx
    replied
    Originally posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    The idiot theory. I like that. I have actually read reports of people hitting and even shooting bigfoots. Two things usually occure. The creature retreats into the woods and is not found or is reportedly helped away by its kin. I once read a report from the 1840s I think of a man who claimed to shoot and kill a bigfoot only to be chased off by the rest of its family, he reportedly only got away because he had a raft and took to the water. These supposed creatures seem to live in family groups that may even take care of their sick and injured. If Sasquatch exists then it is probably the smartes creature in the forest.
    Well, sure. I suppose the notion of a family group is plausible.

But what about Sasquatch that are already dead due to accident? There's no reason for an animal to grab a carcass and haul it off. Except if the carcass was for lunch.

The problem with many of these theories and "eyewitness" accounts is simply that Bigfoot hasn't been characterized simply as an animal, but as some hominin primate with a Cro-Magnon level intelligence.

Animals do not hide unless they are hunted. If Sasquatch are of the dimensions usually reported (over six feet) and have comparable primate strength, humans wouldn't be much of a match against them out in the woods alone going against the gorilla guerilla skills that would be necessary to stay hidden for all these years.

I just think the whole concept is ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• Rickko
    replied
    Bigfoot = mountainous ninja!!
    Thats why no=one can find em...Duh!!:ninjafigh

Blacksmith Seal,good luck mate.Whatever is going on sounds pretty damn unnerving.

Leave a comment:

• HereBeADragon
    replied
    Originally posted by helmutlvx View Post
    Well, fellas. I'll be frank. I only read the last two pages of this thread.

But let me tell you why I don't believe in Bigfoot.

Out there in the Animal Kingdom (including humans, to wit) there are what I like to call "idiots". These "idiots" are oblivious to certain dangers and are more prone to accidents and death than other animals.

Being that these "Sasquatch"/Bigfeet/Boba Fett creatures are animals (intelligent or unintelligent they may be) a few of them are bound to be idiots.

And idiots get hit by cars. And I don't think very many people in America would like to play out "Harry and the Hendersons" for real.
    The idiot theory. I like that. I have actually read reports of people hitting and even shooting bigfoots. Two things usually occure. The creature retreats into the woods and is not found or is reportedly helped away by its kin. I once read a report from the 1840s I think of a man who claimed to shoot and kill a bigfoot only to be chased off by the rest of its family, he reportedly only got away because he had a raft and took to the water. These supposed creatures seem to live in family groups that may even take care of their sick and injured. If Sasquatch exists then it is probably the smartes creature in the forest.

Blacksmith what is closest encounter you have had? Have you seen one of these things with your own eyes? When it is near by have you noticed any unusal odors? Have you ever heard a clacking sound at night like someone banging a stick against a tree? Has there ever been any instances of rocks being thrown at your house or property? Are there any bodies of water like rivers, streams or lakes near by?

Leave a comment:

• Scott Larson
    replied
    I've been creeped out by Bigfoot ever since I read this story. I was about 12 years old, and had a big forest and creek behind my back yard.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/classics/ostman.htm

Can't wait to hear more updates, Mr. Blacksmith.

Leave a comment:

• battlefields
    replied
    The sounds could be velociraptors. Do you live near Jurassic Park?

Leave a comment:

• helmutlvx
    replied
    Well, fellas. I'll be frank. I only read the last two pages of this thread.

But let me tell you why I don't believe in Bigfoot.

Out there in the Animal Kingdom (including humans, to wit) there are what I like to call "idiots". These "idiots" are oblivious to certain dangers and are more prone to accidents and death than other animals.

Being that these "Sasquatch"/Bigfeet/Boba Fett creatures are animals (intelligent or unintelligent they may be) a few of them are bound to be idiots.

And idiots get hit by cars. And I don't think very many people in America would like to play out "Harry and the Hendersons" for real.

Leave a comment:

• BlacksmithSEAL
    replied
    Again let me repeat that I do NOT know that the creature captured on the game camera is the one responsible for the howls. The howls and night visits, with dogs responding in alarm and defensively postured, led us to buy/use the camera... but we cannot conclusively say that what was photographed was the "howler".

What I can attest to is that there are multiple "howlers". On numerous occasions we have listened to two creatures apparently calling "back and forth" to one another as they moved in a parallel direction along a valley. One howler was on the far side of the valley, and one on the near side... and the two of them moved along the axis of the valley. The calls seem to be their version of "MARCO"- "POLO", and they make more noise at those times than when alone.

I know enough about game hunting to recognize "drivers" when I hear them, and to know full well that there's another SILENT one (or more) waiting further up the valley, waiting to ambush whatever runs away from those two that are playing MARCO POLO.

On two widely separate occasions we have heard THREE callers, and that was just a bit too many; they were too close for comfort and we stepped back into the house. Audio recordings do not do justice to these calls. They have a tension and an aggression about them that does not easily convey itself through audio equipment playback.

If any of you are hooked up with FACEBOOK, then go to my page www.facebook.com/BlacksmithSEAL and play the videos. Two of them are "slideshows" using photos with a recording a an audio track. One of them was a recording made in February this year... in a driving rainstorm. It was just after sunset and a dark "dusk". The howler was just inside the treeline yelling his head off, and I could hear him crunching the brush (but I cannot determine if he was on two feet or four feet).

I had my hands full of audio gear; if I'd had two extra hands - one for a spotlight and one for a weapon - I feel sure I would have seen it, and probably gotten at least one good shot at it.

The audio gear malfunctioned (something with the wiring harness) and after 40 secs a loud feedback "hum" started... effectively ruining the five mins of recording after that point. I trimmed off the loud hum and the ruined audio stuff, and just kept the 40 secs. That's the loudest and closest the creature has gotten with anyone outside. If you listen VERY closely you can hear a couple of dry branches crunching.

So... I don't know what it is, but it sounds "aggressive" and tempermental... sometimes angry, and other times lonely, and once (during a snow storm) it even sounded like a lost child calling for its mother (or a worried mother calling to a lost child).

I'm open to suggestions. I don't have an agenda to pursue other than the safety of my family. Frankly I don't give a rat's ass if it's BIGFOOT, LITTLE-TEENSY-FOOT, or a group of highly developed and intellectual dogs. If leaving it alone might make us safer, that's the way I'd go... but we have LEFT it alone for 2 years and only used passive monitoring equipment (cameras and audio recorders). It still comes calling in the night, in full moon brightness or new moon darkness, and it still scares the hell outta my two oversized dogs (and every other dog in the neighborhood, too)... so I still pack a sidearm (.45 auto) and a shotgun (12 ga) anytime I'm gonna be out in the back area.

That game camera picture was captured around midday... so it's not limiting visits to hours of darkness alone. No one goes out there alone, no one goes unarmed.

Leave a comment:

• HereBeADragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Evil Solvalou View Post
    Almost no accounts? That should mean there are some accounts, albeit a small number. Do you have a link to these accounts? I would've thought that a verified attack, including injuries that could only be sustained from an unknown primate, would be pretty convincing evidence.
    Thats the funny thing isnt it? You cannot have verified accounts of a creature that is not confirmed to exists. Accounts of large apelike creatures go very far back into American history. The Native Americans have stories of Sasquatch being at times friendly and at other times being a dangerous agressive killer.

As for more modern accounts I have not come across anything more recent than the 1800s depicting a Bigfoot attacking someone but there have been accounts of them chasing people off, performing threat displays and in 2008 I think there was a case of one ransacking a cabin.

I still maintain the opinion that if there is one or a family of them near Blacksmiths home his best course of action is to leave them alone. No good can come from confrontation with a bipedal ape that can range from 8 to 12 feet and near 1000lbs.

Originally posted by OZZ View Post
    Spoken like a true believer..lol

In all seriousness though..I think that the idea of a Bigfoot being the culprit of these noises and scaring your dogs is to say the very least - unlikely. But it sounds like there is cetainly something out of the ordinary going on.
    I don't know if believer is the correct word. Belief involves faith and I do not have faith in a bigfoot. I am however of the opinion that the sheer number of consistent reports indicate that such an animal may be real.

Based on what Blacksmith is reporting a bigfoot is a reasonable suspect to consider but definitely not the only one. Actually Blacksmith besides the odd prints and calls what other activity have you experienced? Any behaviors you can note may be of use in figuring out more about what is going on.

Leave a comment:

• BackFistMonkey
    replied
    I really do still love you BlacksmithSEAL and you are still a hero of mine.

<3u4ever cause you have done crazy insane shit no one else has to keep us ( the US and the world if you want to get technical ) safe and Honor among the Service Men and Women.

Leave a comment:

• The Fake Macoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Backfistmonkey View Post
    Seriously tho, I don't believe for a second you have a fucking bigfoot in your yard.

Now, you are making it perfectly clear that something out there is weirding you the fuck out. I am not sure if you are entirely sincere because If I were you I would be hitting hunting/nature/outdoors forums with the information you have gathered, not Bullshido's skeptics forum.
    Come on, you know that we here at Bullshido form an elite paranormal investigation unit:
    YouTube- Back off man, I'm a scientist. (Bill Murray in Ghostbusters)

Seriously though, a Sasquatch? If you can shoot one of them and prove their existence, you'll be famous forever so feel free to go out there and take it out. However, I'm confident that a giant ape-man isn't running around your property.

Leave a comment:

• BackFistMonkey
    replied
    Shit now that I think about it contact Nid * linky no work .... * Nid - Member Profile - Bullshido . He killed a fucking warthog with an asskicking boot and a kabar .

He ain't scared of no lower life form.

Leave a comment:

• OZZ
    replied
    Originally posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    Blacksmith what you describes sounds like a sasquatch and if your dogs lacked the sense to be affraid they might be in danger but they are smart enough to stay out of its way and there are almost no accounts of a sasquatch attacking people. If you and your friend were to corner such an animal than you might find yourself in danger but it isn't likely to hurt anyone without cause. Also before you consider trying to kill it I would take into consideration that in many cases these animals appear to travel in family groups and killing one might put you and your family in far greater danger as these things appear to be smart enough to hold a grudge. If you do however get that lucky shot be sure to bring back proof and then use the proceeds to move out of the area.
    Spoken like a true believer..lol

In all seriousness though..I think that the idea of a Bigfoot being the culprit of these noises and scaring your dogs is to say the very least - unlikely. But it sounds like there is cetainly something out of the ordinary going on.
    Get some people who really know the wilderness to come and do some serious tracking and if you truly believe there is a Sasquatch out there..call one of the organizations that dedicates serious time and energy into these types of things(monsterhunters.inc or whatever) and see if they will send a crew out in light of your findings.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X