Yeti/Sasquatch/Bigfoot/Apeman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by battlefields View Post
    I love the idea of giant lizards, it makes me think that mythological dragons might have been the exaggerated stories of endangered lizard species.
    Ever hear about the olm?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olm

Comment

That Bigfoot "investigator" needs a freakin' smack in the head.
      Oh,I'm sorry,I forgot to tell you that I was calling it out.
      Oh yeah,& I forgot to tell you it might get pissed & follow you home & call YOU out.
      Damn Uncool.

Whatever this thing is it seems to be the one making the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by BlacksmithSEAL View Post
        Posts about unidentified animal
        I didn't find this thread until today, so I apologize for the necro, but a couple observations:

1.) That thing looks like a monkey or baboon of some type. Any possibility someone relatively near where you live may have lost a pet that he/she wasn't supposed to have? That racket he's making sounds like monkey talk. I guess whatever it is isn't raiding your trash. That's pretty weird. Maybe it's afraid of your dogs? From a purely experimental standpoint, it'd be nice to remove the dogs from the equation, though I realize this isn't practical. Now I'm all curious. It'd be fun to camp out with some thermals and NVDs. I don't think my armorer would approve of signing them out for a few nights for the purpose of "Critter stalking," though.

2.) Based upon the image you have, perhaps it's smaller than you might suspect? Just on a quick glance, whatever it is looks like it could be sort of climbing or bracing against the tree, so maybe its hind legs are off the ground? It'd still be a substantial sized animal, but perhaps significantly smaller than 4'6".
        "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X