To LCD or not to LCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To LCD or not to LCD

OK, getting a new computer...is it worth the money to get an LCD monitor?
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

absolutely. I got one recently, i love it. and it looks the same as my old crt

by the way, if you buy, buy from dell. i did a lot of research and they have the best prices and selection i found.

Comment

I still think they are way too expensive compared to the benefit.
      The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
      - Pizdoff

Comment

And they suck for gaming from what I understand. The refesh rate isn't high enough.
        :qleft1: :new_cussi :qmickey: :evil7: :XXcat: :XXfish: :5crackup:

Comment

YES. Get one with DVI input from Planar, NEC or possibly a high-end Samsung. The best price/quality ratio, however, is probably the Dell 1800FP, and it's truly beautiful. It's too bad MonitorsDirect.com doesn't ship to Canada though, because then that would even out.

I have the Planar PX171M-BK, and I wish I had two.

Originally posted by Shadowofravenwolf
          And they suck for gaming from what I understand. The refesh rate isn't high enough.
          Lies. Not only do LCDs not "refresh", but the new ones have a .16ms response time and no ghosting whatsoever.
          Last edited by Dreadnought; 2/09/2004 8:05pm, .
          Originally posted by The Wastrel
          I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowofravenwolf
            i can tell you right now that that's not true. My flatpanel has absolutely no problems with games.

i've got a 15" NEC MultiSync LCD1560NX, bought it from Dell for 260 bucks. I'd say that's not bad. It has both VGA and DVI.

Comment

Then I stand corrected on the issue.

Comment

PNW3D :)

just kidding raven.

Comment

Hell, my Dell laptop's widescreen monitor is great for gaming, no reason why the new LCD displays would have any problems whatsoever.

Just thought I'd pipe in with that.

Anywho, yes get one, your desk will thank you for all the extra space.

Comment

It may have been the first ones.

Or I could have been given incorrect information.

Comment

Maybe it's different in the States, but after the experience I had with our work computers (from Dell) I'd eat broken glass before I bought anything from them. Their service was the worst I've ever encountered, the phone tech support people couldn't speak English and gave 5 different answers in THE SAME PHONE CALL and didn't fix the problem. Also, the machines were ugly and flimsy.

There's gotta be some local support person who can build a machine for you, often cheaper and certainly better quality.
                      Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

I HATE name brands...

Comment

because your broke
                          ~Whatever Happens, Happens.~

~From this moment on, I shall be known as "He Who Smokes Bitches"~

Comment

Comment

Now that is a brand...
                              ~Whatever Happens, Happens.~

~From this moment on, I shall be known as "He Who Smokes Bitches"~

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X