Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeopathy "overdose"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Homeopathy "overdose"

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8489019.stm

    I think this is pretty hilarious. I think homeopathy is BS.

    Supporters and critics of homeopathy GO.

    #2
    James Randi has been doing the overdose on homeopathic drugs to show they're worthless bit for years.

    Comment


      #3
      Considering the dilution of homeopathic 'medicines' your stomach would rupture before you could consume enough to overdose.
      Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
      Bhagavad Gita 11:32

      Comment


        #4
        I was going to ask about water poisoning, but seems that they were taking pills. Oh well.
        Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

        Comment


          #5
          This thread won't be interesting unless we can find people who believe in homeopathy. We know you're here, stop lurking!

          Comment


            #6
            How can people be so fucking stupid as to think somthing gets more potent the more dilute it gets?
            Some people are just...wow.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by maxthegeek1 View Post
              http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8489019.stm

              I think this is pretty hilarious. I think homeopathy is BS.

              Supporters and critics of homeopathy GO.
              Ahem. http://www.bullshido.net/forums/site...p/t-67391.html
              and 6 other threads. Search function.

              Comment


                #8
                YouTube- That Mitchell and Webb Look: Homeopathic A&E

                Mitchell and Webb take a poke at Homeopathy, Brilliant.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Zicam is a homeopathic remedy.
                  Zicam works. It has been proven effective in double blind, placebo controlled trials.

                  This proves therefore that all homeopathic remedies work.

                  The science is there people.
                  "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln



                  Comment


                    #10
                    are you being sarcastic?

                    in case you're not, well...
                    Originally posted by tao.jonez View Post
                    Zicam is a homeopathic remedy.
                    Zicam works. It has been proven effective in double blind, placebo controlled trials.
                    I haven't heard of this drug or experiment - granted I don't follow this stuff religiously, but I imagine had such a drug existed it would have made some headlines.
                    link please.

                    Originally posted by tao.jonez View Post
                    This proves therefore that all homeopathic remedies work.
                    what? how does your logic work? backwards?

                    Originally posted by tao.jonez View Post
                    The science is there people.
                    very true, let's not forget however that homeopathy is nonsense and not science.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      You clearly don't know jack about the homeopathetic movement. All homeopathologicals know that western science and logic is garbage. The big pharmaceutical companies don't want you to cure yourself!

                      Did you know you can cure allergies by eating small doses of whatever you're allergic to? Poison Ivy is a great example. Pick and eat small doses of poison ivy leaf and eventually you will no longer suffer from the itchy rash associated with poison ivy.

                      On a serious note, Zicam really does work, at least in the gel swab form. It's a cold remedy whose claim is to lessen the severity and duration of a cold if taken within the first 24 hours of catching it. This relatively minor "medication", is widely distributed -including Wal Mart- and is often referred to by the homeopathy crowd as a win for natural remedies.

                      In other words yes, I was being sarcastic.
                      "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln



                      Comment


                        #12
                        It's also currently under investigation because of reports that it causes a permanent loss of the sense of smell in some people who use it.
                        http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsro.../ucm167065.htm

                        However, the whole retardation of the Homeopathy/Natural Medicine crowd is that all medicines are at heart "Natural". Most of them are derived from plant sources and simply are in a more concentrated form than what is found in nature.
                        Where it starts to get thoroughly stupid is with the whole "Molecular Memory" and mass dilution shit. If Homeopathy worked the way they say it does then we could take 1 big mac, dilute it infinitely and feed the world tomorrow.

                        It's all bullshit.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Kintanon View Post

                          the whole retardation of the Homeopathy/Natural Medicine crowd is that all medicines are at heart "Natural". Most of them are derived from plant sources and simply are in a more concentrated form than what is found in nature.
                          Exactly! I was in the Virgin Islands and had a wicked headache and no medicine on me. A local handed me a twig and said to chew it up and swallow the juices. Being desperate I did. It worked.

                          I found out later that it was probably willow which contains the stuff aspirin is made from. There are thousands of examples like that, but bottom line is that it's almost all derived from nature.
                          "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln



                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by tao.jonez View Post
                            Exactly! I was in the Virgin Islands and had a wicked headache and no medicine on me. A local handed me a twig and said to chew it up and swallow the juices. Being desperate I did. It worked.

                            I found out later that it was probably willow which contains the stuff aspirin is made from. There are thousands of examples like that, but bottom line is that it's almost all derived from nature.
                            You're confusing Herbalism with Homeopathy, they seem similar on the surface but are actually quite different.

                            If you take anything in it's natural form (or with little tampering) it's Herbalism, if you fuck it about with lots of shaking, too much water and 'principles' it's Homeopathy.
                            Ne Obliviscaris

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Kintanon View Post
                              Where it starts to get thoroughly stupid is with the whole "Molecular Memory" and mass dilution shit. If Homeopathy worked the way they say it does then we could take 1 big mac, dilute it infinitely and feed the world tomorrow.
                              Not to mention the fact that, drinking a regular glass of water would give us large doses of EVERYTHING!
                              "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the shit out of you.
                              And when the shit's been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

                              "So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

                              "On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

                              "You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

                              "Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

                              "Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP : Saying it how it is!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X