Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Wastrel
    Bri,
    Can't you be a little more forthcoming about what this actually is? So far the debate seems to precede like this:

See what I'm getting at? This is an entirely stupid argument.
    That civilisation may not sink,
    Its great battle lost,
    Quiet the dog, tether the pony
    To a distant post;
    Our master Caesar is in the tent
    Where the maps are spread,
    His eyes fixed upon nothing,
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

Wastrel - to clarify, I am the 230lb police officer, not the 160lb guy..,,, I don't know if that makes any difference. I ain't lying, but hwo do you know?

DRD - get yourself the tape and see what you think. You don't have to hold me to my word thanks. I hold myself to it.

WCL - thanks for the voice of reason.

OK folks. All I did was post a review of a seminar. We haven't yet seen one credible piece of reliable evidence against the Shredder. Only criticisms of what people imagine it to be. DRD, enjoy the tape. If you like it or not, please let me know on [email protected]

OK guys, this is my last word on it for now. A friend has asked me to consider bowing out of this "debate". I will, of course, make myself available for any crowing if DRD thinks it appalling.

There are seminars in NYC and Toronto this coming March. Richard has a way of making people feel very welcome.

Fond regards, Brian S
      Last edited by Bri Thai; 2/09/2004 11:14am, .

Comment

I read that you were the 230lb guy. Frankly, anything that claims that fifteen minutes of instruction will allow someone to take apart experienced fighters who outweigh him by seventy pounds is starting off in my book with a bit of a credibility gap.

Anyway, sorry for trying to help.

WingChunLawyer,
        I didn't say it was his fault. In fact, the only people I explicitly criticized were those who were on the opposite side.

I just reread the thread and the review, and I can still find no explicit information about what the Shredder actually is. Just a lot of assertions about how special and unique it is.

I'm curious, and unwilling to buy a video. Call me crazy.
        Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

What's the Shredder?
          A. The Shredder is neither a technique nor style of fighting, it is a close quarter conceptual tool that was designed to shift the predatory/prey instinct and bypass the startle to flinch mechanism enabling any person (any size or strength) to successfully defend themselves without any prior training. It is not a set of moves or techniques but rather a spontaneous assault of gross motor tools that are launched on a quarter beat, attacking vital areas making it impossible for the 'opponent' to intercept or stop once properly launched. The Shredder is something people have been doing since the dawn of man when faced with threat of extreme violence as it is based on simple natural movements. The Shredder is a concept that is behaviorally and scientifically rooted.
          Impossible to stop? But not the end all. Has been in existence since the dawn of man? But it took Rich 9 years to develope something that's always been around. Scientifically rooted? My head hurts.

Why no one else has thought of it is because it is so simple and because it isn't 'martial artsy' even in a macho 'combative' sense. It requires minimal training, it isn't pretty and it isn't technical in nature. Martial artists in general have a hard time understanding that self defense isn't about technique or styles or systems, it's about survival. It doesn't matter how you do it as long as you do it.
          But of course since it's been around since the dawn of man someone did think of it.

I bet your ancestor was around when the wheel was invented.
          Maybe Bri, but according to Rich one of them was around when the Shredder was invented.

Pseudo science, talk of prophets, natural simple techniques that can't be shown, lots use of the work "concept", lots of believers that say it's the ultimate but never say what it is, For $75 I'm really tempted to pick it up.
          Last edited by Rogue; 2/09/2004 7:59pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by WingChun Lawyer
            Did you actually read the site WCL? How about these straight from http://www.senshido.com/swwd2_1.html and http://www.senshido.com/swwd2_2.html ?

"The Shredder also bypasses your opponent's reflexive response and flinch mechanism due to the repetitive, on the quarter beat, onslaught. This guarantees landing every single one of your strikes. It also offers maximum tactile sensitivity and can be applied anytime providing (in some instances) that strategic implementations are applied from the pre contact stage. The Shredder is a primary tool and tactic for any close quarter / grappling / ground fighting situations.

The Shredder is Senshido's primary offensive arsenal and has been used successfully every single time both in real life altercations and scenario replications.

Q. Has the Shredder been tested, has it ever been used in real fights or violent confrontations?

A. The Shredder has yet to fail in real fights. It has been successfully used several times by several of Richard Dimitri's students who work as bouncers/doormen, security personnel and potential victims of violence which was thwarted by the Shredder. The ease in which they subdued their attackers literally surprised them. Richard has also used the Shredder in real fights on several occasions including a multiple armed attacker situation, actually, if it wasn't for the Shredder, Richard wouldn't be alive today. The Shredder has also worked in full out mock attacks, full out sparring matches and in 'Alive' no consent, full resistance combat without fail. Even in simulation, the Shredder's nature is devastating due to its invasive nature and psychological disruption."

If that doesn't sound like teh deadly holy grail of self defense claim, I don't know what does!
            Deluxe247 tells it like it is:

you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)

This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

Comment

So let's see, according to my above post (FROM THE SENSHIDO WEBSITE), the Shredder:

1. Guarantees landing ALL your strikes.

2. Is Senshido's primary offensive arsenal and has been used successfully every single time both in real life altercations and scenario replications.

3. Allows you to take on and beat MULTIPLE ARMED ATTACKERS!

Are you guys sure calling Bullshido on this is premature? However, since I am not yet omniscient, I must concede that there is a chance approximately equal to that of a strict TKD stylist winning the next UFC with only TKD techniques, that this "Shredder" actually lives up to all of the above outrageous claims.

you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)

This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

Comment

Hey... lucky sidekick KO.

Or pull a belfort *shrug*
                Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Comment

Originally posted by Nihilanthic
                  Hey... lucky sidekick KO.

Or pull a belfort *shrug*
                  What are you talking about?

Comment

I always thought Shedder was the evil guy from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Comment

Originally posted by GajusCaesar

Are you guys sure calling Bullshido on this is premature? However, since I am not yet omniscient, I must concede that there is a chance approximately equal to that of a strict TKD stylist winning the next UFC with only TKD techniques, that this "Shredder" actually lives up to all of the above outrageous claims.
                      They do make some wild claims on that site. Stills, there is this:

Suffice it to say that it is not an ultimate fighting technique nor is it the end all and be all, not at all. It's nothing more than a close quarter concept which has worked time and again in (if I may quote Matt Thornton here) 'Alive' no consent scenarios, sparring & violent confrontations. It may not be for everyone, I understand so what I tell people is simple, if you like it, use it. If you don't, then at least you gave it a shot and realized it isn't something you wish to make a part of your arsenal. No worries.
                      That civilisation may not sink,
                      Its great battle lost,
                      Quiet the dog, tether the pony
                      To a distant post;
                      Our master Caesar is in the tent
                      Where the maps are spread,
                      His eyes fixed upon nothing,
                      A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Comment

Well, I can live with that. I would trust any review by DRD.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X