More Shredder Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL @ hedgehogey
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Comment

Well well. we have been busy.

Obviously I have to wade through a whole pile of shit to get to the actual issues raised, but here goes.

DRD - the humour didn't translate to me through the written word on that occasion. OK?

Wastrel - I think we covered some of his marketing in either this or another thread. Not to everyone's taste I know, but judging books and covers etc comes to mind. Thanks for the "misrepresenting the case" line.

hedgehogey - yes, grappling and KB skills are vital. No offence, but isn't that the 4th or 5th time I've said that? The Shredder is merely for the clinch range (including ground fighting), but it is merely an "add on", not a system all by itself.

Gajuscaeser - yes, they do believe that previous knowledge of a fighting art hampers your learning of the Shredder. Look at the misconceptions shown here.... trained people have to get rid of their preconceived ideas of what shredding is during practice. Newbies don't. But, of course, newbies have to develop the other crucial skils to fight. As for the people "putting themselves" into ridiculous positions? Its the chest to back position. And they don't put themselves into it, the guy shredding aims to do it to them. A good head/neck twist, coupled with all the other nastiness going on, helps a great deal. If, of course, they still manage to hold round your neck or torso? No matter, it just means they have one less hand to protect their vulnerable targets with.

Iron Buddha and Wing Chun Lawyer - I've asked him to reconsider the clips yet again. As yet he hasn't replied.

PS WCL, thanks for the thanks. Email me at [email protected] if you want to ask questions and get answers that aren't surrounded by weak jokes, misrepresentations and general braindead shite. That goes for anyone.

At the begining of the thread I did ask for interested people only to comment. It seems that boys will be boys. That's ok, have your fun. Personally I love to take the piss out of people. But I usually confine myself to subjects that I know something about, and don't have to make up the other persons viewpoint for them.

Is this where someone asks me to chill out? Haw haw haw. There are some top wankers on this forum.

Speak soon!

Comment

I know from the things you say that you have never seen the Shredder.
        Bri, from your review and the pictures from Dimitris' site it looks like the same head manipulations that we did in jujutsu. Slaps, fishhooks, rakes, grabs and pulls were all part of it.
        Ask youself this question, if something like the Shredder is so great why has it not been discovered until now?

hedgehogey, that picture is that those dudes from queer eye for the straight guy?

Comment

haha...you should scrap with the farm girls. Cowlifting mofos
          ~Whatever Happens, Happens.~

~From this moment on, I shall be known as "He Who Smokes Bitches"~

Comment

Rogue - how many times do ya have to be told? Haw haw haw! Just because you've seen a pile of bricks, it doesn't mean you've seen a house.

And what kind of logic is the "why has it not been discovered until now" line? Its been developed over the last nine years. Just because you haven't heard of it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

You haven't seen the Shredder. Believe me. How come I have to tell YOU that? Lol, you must be one arrogant guy. I bet your ancestor was around when the wheel was invented. He said "I've seen that before, its a frog" and "if it is so great, how come......" get the picture?

But I don't mean to imply that it is as important as the wheel. It is just a brilliantly simple method of putting a set of nasty moves together. The Shredder isn't a colection of indiviual techniques, it is one of those things where the total adds up to much more than the sum of its parts.

Oh dear, is this where someone says I'm out of order? Haw haw haw.

Comment

ps - keep the one liners coming guys. You'll hit the "almost funny" mark one day soon. Probably by coincidence, but keep at it.

Comment

How much do these seminars cost? I see there's one coming up in the Bay Area. I'd be happy to attend and give my opinion, but I have a feeling it's out of my price range.

EDIT: Sheesh, the entire Tigerfly/Thornton fiasco completely slipped my mind. I would like to take this opportunity to announce that Richard Dimitri is an enormous pussy. Now can I get in for free?
                Last edited by bunyip; 2/08/2004 9:42pm, .
                "I'm offering straight punch, kick while downed to the ribs or head, and of course- the german suplex...which is one suplex quickly followed by another." - Guerilla Fists

Matt Thornton explains "aliveness": http://www.bullshido.com/videos/sbg2.wmv

West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu thread
                West Wind Karate / West Wind Bok Fu / West Wind Kung Fu archive thread
                (experiment to see if I can boost the thread's Google rank)

Comment

quit your whining and pump some iron, pussy.

Comment

Ok.
                    "I'm offering straight punch, kick while downed to the ribs or head, and of course- the german suplex...which is one suplex quickly followed by another." - Guerilla Fists

Comment

Pump iron pussy? You mean like shag the Terminatrix?

Bunyip - go along to the seminar and let everyone know what you find.

Comment

clever! did you think of that one yourself, or did your mommy help you?

Comment

Originally posted by Bri Thai
                          Bunyip - go along to the seminar and let everyone know what you find.
                          Hey - How much do the seminars cost? I'm not going to shell out an arm and a leg for something when its creator isn't even willing to post a video clip to demonstrate its effectiveness.

Comment

Bri,
                            Can't you be a little more forthcoming about what this actually is? So far the debate seems to precede like this:

A: Holy crap this is great stuff!!

B: What?

A: Can't tell you!

B: Is it this stupid advertisement?

A: You haven't seen it!!

B: No I haven't, must be gay!

A: No way! It's great, you just can't be bothered.

See what I'm getting at? This is an entirely stupid argument.
                            Last edited by The Wastrel; 2/09/2004 9:45am, .
                            Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

As usual, The Wastrel is entirely correct. Noone is surprised by that though. So far Bri Thai has provided not a single "shred" of ANYTHING that could be called evidence to back up his assertions about how totally rad this piece of office equipment/metal encased fighter of mutant turtles actually is. Finish up with your ballsack rodeo and actually give us one piece of evidence (video clip would be great) that this isn't some new "destroy anyone and anything" technique with a really stupid name.

And don't go telling me "it's not a technique, it's a concept!" either. I don't want to hear it until you put up or shut up.
                              Last edited by GajusCaesar; 2/09/2004 1:40am, .
                              Deluxe247 tells it like it is:

you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)

This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

Comment

The Wastrel - I don't think that's fair at all. Of course its hard to put into words, but look at the review of the Shredder package. I reckon thats pretty extensive. So is the review of the Shredder seminar on another thread. I have written thousands of words now, waded through brain dead shite to find and try to answer real issues/queries, and been pretty patient doing so.

One of the most disappointing things is the fact I have had to repeatedly answer and correct misinformation that has popped up at random, people just making it up as they go along, and presuming that that is what the Shredder is all about. You even highlighted that yourself.

I've made lengthy requests to the founder for clips but, to be honest, if he looks here at the general standard of so called critique made about him by some of the arse wipes on this site, its hardly going to persuade him. Is it?

Evidence? How about him asking for people to attack him with anything that the want to, as fast and as hard as they can. And then overcoming them with the Shredder. How about me not only seeing that on video, but in the flesh too. How about a 160lb Trad Karate guy being taught it and, within hours, taking down a 230lb vastly experienced martial artist and police officer (me)? How about all that? How about other guys who came on the site and patiently endorsed it, rising above the juvenile abuse you people mistake for being "discerning". They gave up though, I can see why. How about the only people who have seen it on this site endorsing it. No one who has seen it has not. No one. How about that?

And guess what. ALL THIS EVIDENCE HAS ALREADY BEEN POSTED.

Here's a challenge. No, I'm not into offering people out unless I am forced to. And I am not into making challenges on behalf of other people. But that thread where you're all donating money so that someone can go and fight someone? Why not use a little bit of it to buy one, just one, Shredder package. Or go to one seminar.

Then let either you, or DRD be the judge? I will go along with anythig and everything you say. If you think it shite, tell ALL your members, and then they can at least finally speak with a little knowledge from someone they know when they slag it off. You can't claim it to be a money making attempt by me. Firstly, I don't make anything from Senshido. Secondly, if you don't like it, a great many potential customers reading this site will keep away from all his stuff.

So Wastrel, hows that? Are you going put up or shut up?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X