the two nations of black america

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the two nations of black america

Is anyone watching this on PBS? It is very well done. First show was in the slums of Chicago, second with rich Blacks. I learned a lot.

comments:
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...ows/race/talk/
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Thanks Pat, had not heard of this. Is it possible to get the tapes or transcript?

Comment

I think they might have it on the PBS website?
      Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

Originally posted by blankslate
        Thanks Pat, had not heard of this. Is it possible to get the tapes or transcript?
        They have them for sale, but I'd first watch or call the local PBS tv station, they might be still running the series - I don't know how long it going on... Second I'd ask the library to get you a copy, here in Logan if they don't have somethinn you can get it from interlibrary loan.

The separation of the Black Americans into haves and havenots is what the show is about. And how to overcome it. It is done mostly documentary style on the streets and in people's homes and offices (and prison). It goes from drug dealers to Colin Powell to movie producers, all Black, all talking about the same issues.

I think that all of us that posted on the Nation of Islan and Black History would have been a lot more sophisticated AND agreed a lot more if we'd seen this series.
        "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X