Have to moan about taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to moan about taxes

Okay yesterday was my birthday. We filed our taxes. learned we have to pay in. Not only that but we received our car taxes in on the same day. Man you can't win for losing. We now owe like close to a thousand dollars. What a birthday. How about you guys? How is your tax season going?

I'm glad we have welfare, social security, and medicare. Really.

Comment

My husband is on disability, but still, that doesn't help anything. I had signed where I have an extra $10.00 taken out of extra paycheck so that I might have my butt covered at the end of the year. No such luck. Every time that I think that I might actually get my head above water, I sink back to the bottom. I know that I am crying like a baby. But I work my asss off just to pay money. What sense does that make?

Comment

Re: Have to moan about taxes

Originally posted by Hook
        We now owe like close to a thousand dollars.
        First, happy birthday.

Second, I always have to pay. I sent the Feds $7,000 just for the 4th quarter! That's just Fed income tax alone. I am taxed to death! I am considering quitting working and going on welfare so I can make more money.
        “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Comment

happy b-day, mine's tomorrow!!

Hook, do you have an IRA?

Mantis, quit bitchin'. I know what it means if you're paying 7000 in 1040ES payments.
          btw, i hope you have a financial/ tax planner

Comment

Hell, I am witing for my $2200 check should be hear in about three days . Thnaks George for the jump to 1000 per child credit. That made my child credit go from 1200 to 2000 dollars.
            ----------------------------------------
            After reading Jekyll's threads I bring back an old sig.......

Do you really train or just bore people on message boards and parties talking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by kismasher

Mantis, quit bitchin'. I know what it means if you're paying 7000 in 1040ES payments.
              Well, I had a really good 4th quarter. Better than usual.

I wish I didn't have to pay into fica! Money I will never see again because the system is going to crash and it is like being taxed twice!

I have an accountant. And a couple of brokers.
              “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Comment

So much for DUH-Bya's "Tax Relief"

Not only didn't I get a $400 tax credit, but I have to pay $360 in taxes this year(I admit it's due to a witholding error on my part).

Comment

Originally posted by kismasher
                  happy b-day, mine's tomorrow!!

Hook, do you have an IRA?

your birthdya is the 7th?so is mine

Comment

In Canada, with ALL our taxes ( income, sales, property, business, gas) we are forking over more than 50% of our income for taxes, what is it in the States ?

Comment

depends on how much you make, income tax generally ranges from 15% to 38%

willy, happy b-day, yeah mine's the 7th also

Comment

Happy Birthday Hook!:D
                        Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

In regards to taxes I'll say hide your assets. Go into the underground economy.
                          Ghost of Charles Dickens

Comment

Thank you everyone for wishing me a happy birthday.

Happy Birthday to all of you guys too.

No I don't have an IRA.

I am just screwed. It seems that the harder I work the more that I get screwed. Guess thats life though.

Comment

Originally posted by ronin69
                              In Canada, with ALL our taxes ( income, sales, property, business, gas) we are forking over more than 50% of our income for taxes, what is it in the States ?

Ronin's right. We get raped pretty bad here, come tax time.
                              "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X