Ground Fighting Book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground Fighting Book?

Are there any GOOD (I mean legit) books on groundfighting online I could buy?

Obviously, you can't learn from books, but perhaps I can grasp some of the concepts since I have groundfighting in Uechi Ryu.

I just need to up my ground game. Especially since Omega and wastrel are going to the NORCAL Throwdown.
    "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
    - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog shit on your shoe.-Ronin69

Getting a book won't help you against the power of "The NegaCHI" and Omega.

Comment

No kidding, but I need something to refresh me to the game man. I need something...I'm so desperate. I don't want to die. lol

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog shit on your shoe.-Ronin69

Comment

Martial arts is not something you can learn from books. Find a grappling style and learn from a competant instructer.
        Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

Comment

Martial arts is not something you can learn from books. Find a grappling style and learn from a competant instructer.

Ah...the fucking idiot has spoken again. That you captain obvious. It's good to know your ninjitsu skills has made you a competent Martial Artist, maybe you should find someone who can make you competent in READING.

Since I've all ready taken groundfighting, I know principles, moves and so on. However, since no teacher is around that teaches ground fighting, I just want a book to remind me of the techniques and refresh me.

SO please STFU you fucking idiot.

Comment

Hey mate,

Here is a site which i find useful. Got shitloads of techniques.

http://bjj.org/techniques/

Comment

Oh sweet man, I didn't even think about that one. LMAO! Thanks a lot.

Comment

Don't worry about death. I didn't know anything except the very basics before the WCR

Comment

The_Ghost:

Yah that site is fucking awesome. I have had some expirence on the ground. But if you understand principles of moving and using your hips etc etc, like you already know. You can pull of these moves. Plus there is commentary on all the techniques and even some videos, so you can understand it just that little bit better ;)

Comment

Thanks Black_Rose, I'd have to say you've been most helpful tonight.

And thanks brand for making me feeling a BIT better, but not by much man. It's still intimidating.

Comment

HAH, just remember mate, if you get into a fight and you get tackled to the ground,just do the motion of a dog humping some dood s leg, he should get freaked out and get the fuck out of there .... unless you get into a fight at a gay bar. hahaha just joking. practice har sand shit, you know the drill.

Ciao

Comment

"The Ghost". Huh You should change your name to " The Dickhead who lkes to insult people from a safe distance".

First, mind your fucking manners. I was only trying to help.

Second if you want books to remind you of what you already where supposed to have learnt and paid money for...thats your problem.And it shows you have quite a big one. You can waste your time with books but it is like teaching swimming on dry land,no matter how much you remember.

Thirdly you must be a shining example of you the Americans call an asshole
                        Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

Comment

Anyone that says you can't learn anything from books:

a) has never tried
                          b) isn't smart enough to pick up anything, and assumes the same of everyone else

Of course a good instructor is better.

Buy Bas Rutten's Big Books of Combat if you want a book.

Volume 2 is 500+ pages on ground fighting.
                          www.mma.tv has good specials on them.
                          Get the CDs as well (they have a good package including them at the moment)
                          The CDs are Bas going through and explaining EVERY PAGE in more detail.
                          The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
                          - Pizdoff

Comment

Fingermoon, i saw Bas's book, im tempted to buy it.

Is it really worth it? Looks pretty good.

Comment

Second if you want books to remind you of what you already where supposed to have learnt and paid money for...thats your problem.And it shows you have quite a big one. You can waste your time with books but it is like teaching swimming on dry land,no matter how much you remember.

Thirdly you must be a shining example of you the Americans call an asshole

No, this is what we call "A pissed of Budoka student whose tired of idiots talking". You didn't give me any help.

YES! I forgot some stuff, sorry I don't have perfect memory to remember everything always taught to me. Unlike you, I remember much and tend to forget things over time (Especially when you haven't used them in two years). Did I say I forgot everything? No, I just wanted to remember little details. Surely even you forget some things too.

Actually, thanks to BJJ.org, I remembered which leg to grab when moving my right leg under a mount. Sometimes, when you learn a lot, confusion happens. Sorry I'm not perfect.

I'm insulting you? Sorry, I thought I was speaking truth. Maybe it's a mixture of both aye?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X