Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell

Stumbled across this website, an absolutely awesome atrocity.

http://www.av1611.org/hell.html

As most of you would know, I am a devout atheist, believing all religion being to the detriment of humanity and the decay of morality.

However this website really intrigued me, although none of it is factual or scientific and the author fails to cite sufficient references (except the bible) it got me thinking.

What are your opinions on heaven and hell? If nothing else, would it be (in a sick sad way) fair that we are punished for our shortcomings and misdeeds? It kind of comforts me in a masochistic sort of way.

Anyway on to the debunking.

We're going to examine the place the Bible calls hell. We'll present documented evidence for a place called hell. Don't take what you're going to read lightly. YOU COULD BE IN SERIOUS DANGER!
    Fear tactics, unsubstantiated.

The cover of Discover magazine I know what's REALLY in "the center of this earth". Jesus Christ told us. Over and over.
    This is what really sparked my interest the fact that hell not being a metaphysical place but a physical place bound by the concepts of space and time.

If hell really is in the centre of the earth, two things;
    What will happen when our sun eventually burns up and our earth becomes cold?
    We should drill down there and break those mutherfuckers out, prison break style.

The following article appeared in the well respected Finland newspaper, Ammenusastia
    said Dr. Azzacove. "Needless to say we were shocked to make such a discovery. But we know what we saw and we know what we heard. And we are absolutely convinced that we drilled through the gates of hell!"

Dr. Azzacove continued, ". . .the drill suddenly began to rotate wildly, indicating that we had reached a large empty pocket or cavern. Temperature sensors showed a dramatic increase in heat to 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit."

"We lowered a microphone, designed to detect the sounds of plate movements down the shaft. But instead of plate movements we heard a human voice screaming in pain! At first we thought the sound was coming from our own equipment."

they were the screams of millions of humans!"
    I don't trust commies at the best of time, I did however give him enough credit to research this further.

YouTube - Drilling to Hell
    Interesting.

I don't know enough about geology to make a statement on these noises they do however sound like screams.

does anyone have any ideas on an empirical cause for these noises, movements in tectonic plates etc.

In Mark 9:46, Jesus Christ says about hell: "Where THEIR WORM dieth not, and the fire is not quenched."THEIR but THEIR worm"Perhaps the strangest of ocean creatures recently discovered are Riftia, the giant tube WORMS. Measuring up to 8 feet in length, the worms are ONLY FOUND NEAR DEEP SEA VENTS."

And Jesus Christ said, "Where THEIR WORM dieth not, and the fire is not quenched."
    YouTube - Rusty Riftia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_tube_worm

Riftia pachyptila lives over a mile deep and up to several miles deep on the floor of the Pacific Ocean near black smokers and can tolerate extremely high temperatures and sulfur levels. They can reach a length of 2.4 m (7 ft 10 in).
    "And THE EARTH OPENED HER MOUTH, and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all the men that appertained unto Korah, and all their goods. They, and all that appertained to them, went down alive INTO THE PIT, and the EARTH CLOSED UPON THEM:" Numbers 16:32-33
    Caspar Peucer, a famous fourteenth century astronomer and physician, who also researched and documented the volcanoe eruptions at Heklafell wrote some very frightening information in his research findings. Peucer, claims (as others) that "fearful howlings, weeping and gnashing of teeth" could be heard "for many miles. . ." as these volcanoes erupted:
    "Out of the bottomless abyss of Heklafell, or rather out of Hell itself, rise melancholy cries and loud wailings, so that these can be heard for many miles around. . . there may be heard in the mountain fearful howlings, weeping and gnashing of teeth."
    (Haraldur Sigurdsson, Melting the Earth, The History of Ideas on Volcanic Eruptions, p. 73)
    And Caspar Peucer is not alone. There are others who believe they have heard "cries and screaming" coming from volcanoes. Most have tried to ignore the obvious. Some simply explain the "sounds of hell" to some rational meaning. But they are there. . .
    YouTube - Kilauea Volcano Erupts - Dramatic Video

I don't hear any screams.

Anyway, all in all after reading this website I feel that it is damaging to humanity as a whole.

Albert Camus
    "Oppression is a bioterror, it strikes a city and causes a moral contagion among a terrified population."

What do you guys think, I know there are quite a few theists on this website and I would love to hear from them.

Furthermore, Do you think a belief in hell is beneficial or detrimental to our society and why?

Any input would be appreciated

It is something that will send chills screaming through your soul at the horror. And it will happen! And it will happen TO YOU if you die without the Lord Jesus Christ!
    Well, Its Friday afternoon, I am off to reject Jesus, hang out with nice girls and smoke some bowls.

This guy in the video that talks about the drilling is confusing feet and meters (The drill was more than 12 kilometers deep, about 40,000 feet). And about the sound clip:

"The Kola Superdeep Borehole was the source of a tabloid rumor, started by a Finnish newspaper, that Russian researchers had burrowed through to Hell. The story was reproduced by several American tabloids. It stated that 9 miles (14.4 km) down into the Earth's crust (1.4 miles deeper than the real borehole), the scientists reached a pocket of air with a temperature of 2000 degrees F. Intrigued, they sent down a heat-tolerant microphone. The microphone picked up the screams of the damned. The rumor was exacerbated when recordings of the alleged screams popped up on the Internet shortly thereafter."

So, moar internet religious spam, and you fell for it.
    Last edited by H_Murdock; 10/16/2009 3:06am, .

Comment

Most people on this planet live in hell already no need for an imaginary one.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Pope View Post
        Most people on this planet live in hell already no need for an imaginary one.
        I didn't know more than 50% of the human population already saw "Transformers 2". Thats a real horror.

Comment

I am sitting here scratching my head. You really went over the top and researched this. Basically you should not worry about this.

We assume that the earth's core consists of fluid rock magma rock. We have figured out that by sending some waves through the earth which don't travel through magma so when the waves don't come back from the core then it must be magma there. Also there is not possible to drill to the core because it is too hot and the pressure is to high and so on.

I think that you should give a fuck about this crap and don't let it dictate how you live your life. If god exists then he must be great. Do you think such a being would be so judgmental. I am pretty sure that if god exists and he created us then he will accept us for our mistakes. If he is no less than that .. then me and him have little in common anyway.

I could write a long article about moral for you where I explain how evil sneaks into our lives if you are worried about this. Basically there is 2 things that people often does wrong.
          1) They don't do anything... when they see somebody or something that needs your help or attention.
          2) People that does fucked up things always try to justify it. example: a guy that posted here before said that he had been convicted for child fiddling and he justified it by saying that it would not be illegal if it had been in some other country. He failed to see that he had done because he justified with with something that didn't make sense.

Comment

If there was a reward for "good things" and a punishment for "bad things", I think life would suck big time.
            To know that all the bad things that are happening to you you actually deserve, thats living in horror.

Comment

Microphones used for geology and seismology are infrasonic, meaning they capture frequencies that are lower than what the human ear can hear. These microphones have a strict filters on them to capture only a specific window of infrasonic frequencies. All of these mics rely on a source of power, and all carry the concern of added noise that stems from the distance between the mic and its connected console.

A scientific mic such as this would not be recording audio frequencies.
              • Capturing audio frequencies could easily overwhelm the subtle subsonic pressure changes that are of scientific interest.

• Capturing audio frequencies would also require more power going to the mic, which typically introduces more noise, which would again be something that would interfere with the subsonic frequencies that are of interest.

The sounds of "hell" are sounds that could easily be duplicated on a computer with some audio software packages. If you get a laugh out of these kinds of hoaxes, google around for other instances of this story and check out how not every web page has the same audio track. :5propelle

Comment

pfft, those sounds scare people? that's just the moscow subway, aka hell. go there, ride it, try to deny it.

Comment

I say it again. I can understand that it can be easy to fall for this kind of stuff in a weak moment however you should really not care about stupid crap like this.

Comment

There's lots of silly people out there who, without any real background in scientific research, make a lot of silly claims about the world. Wasn't the Flat World Society talked about and posted not too long ago?
                    Fight Film Friday
                    Watching violence on film, violently.
                    Click here to donate!

Comment

All I know is that Hell is for children.

So saith the Great Benatar.

Comment

I live just south of Hell off of I-35.
                        Mushi mo atsui hodo
                        Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
                        ...Well fuck if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi shit I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
                        Three rights make a left.

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid Pantaloons View Post
                          Basically you should not worry about this.
                          Thanks man, I guess...

We assume that the earth's core consists of fluid rock magma rock. We have figured out that by sending some waves through the earth which don't travel through magma so when the waves don't come back from the core then it must be magma there. Also there is not possible to drill to the core because it is too hot and the pressure is to high and so on.
                          Thanks for your Input, it makes sense.

I think that you should give a fuck about this crap and don't let it dictate how you live your life.
                          I really don't, if I believed in hell, I might consider changing my lifestyle lol, actually I probably wouldn't.

If god exists then he must be great.
                          Do you really think so, can you please expand on this statement?

Do you think such a being would be so judgmental. I am pretty sure that if god exists and he created us then he will accept us for our mistakes. If he is no less than that .. then me and him have little in common anyway.
                          You are taking a modern christian outlook on god, nearly all deistic religions believe in a judgemental and merciless god.

I see no evidence to believe in a soft and forgiving god.

I could write a long article about moral(ity) for you where I explain how evil sneaks into our lives if you are worried about this.
                          I'm really not, I think human philosophy has done more for defining "good" and "evil" than any religious belief system.

Basically there is(are) 2 things that people often (do)es wrong.
                          1) They don't do anything... when they see somebody or something that needs your help or attention.
                          Self Interest.
                          Wikipedia
                          Selfishness
                          denotes the precedence given in thought or deed to the self, i.e., self interest or self concern. It is the act of placing one's own needs or desires above the needs or desires of others.
                          somewhat benificial from a utilitarian standpoint, although I think generally detrimental.

2) People that does fucked up things always try to justify it. example: a guy that posted here before said that he had been convicted for child fiddling and he justified it by saying that it would not be illegal if it had been in some other country. He failed to see that he had done because he justified with with something that didn't make sense.
                          link please, I work with kids, not on bullshido mutherfucker.

Subjective justification.

http://mind.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/p...t/XCIII/369/71

as compared to objective justification.

Wikipedia
                          In philosophy, an objective fact means a truth that remains true everywhere, independently of human thought or feelings. For instance, it is true always and everywhere that 'in base 10, 2 plus 2 equals 4'. A subjective fact is one that is only true under certain conditions, at certain times, in certain places, or for certain people.
                          I agree it's evil.

Thanks for your post.
                          Last edited by Libertad; 10/16/2009 9:19pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by TEA View Post
                            I live just south of Hell off of I-35.
                            Mushi mo atsui hodo
                            Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
                            ...Well fuck if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi shit I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
                            Three rights make a left.

Comment

Originally posted by H_Murdock View Post
                              If there was a reward for "good things" and a punishment for "bad things", I think life would suck big time.
                              To know that all the bad things that are happening to you you actually deserve, thats living in horror.
                              Could you please expand on/justify these two statements, particularly the latter, just out of my own interest.

Do you think there would be a level of acceptance in the suffering of a person if they thought they "deserved" it?

Do you think that people, who feel they deserve better; 3 meals a day, non violence, shelter, would feel worse off then one who felt they deserved the hardships imparted on them.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X